You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
greevil

Official guide (not really) to izumo that wargaming doesnt want you to know about.

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
2,197 battles

step 1: buy as many various premium ships as you like
step 2: buy 14760 doubloons or as close over that as possible
step 3: pluck all the xp from your premium ships and research the 2 izumo hull upgrades and the yamato ship (you will probably also have enough money to buy the yamato from the gold made)

step 4: don't profit because wargaming made you spend a lot of money
step 5: profit

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Two threads and another comment about Izumo within the space of a couple hours.

I see that you don't like the ship. That's fine. But there's no need to make multiple topics about it.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

On the other hand he's encouraging people to spend money to avoid a poor game play experience.

Be a bit rich for anyone to complain about that given WG's been doing it for at least 5 years with WoT and now WoWS.

:P

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

why is people hating on the Izumo. its my favourite gameplay style because I love the Nelson class BBs ;;

I didn't like it at first but the gun position and the fact its citadel is located further back (does not include the turrets unless deep down in the magdet spot) It is a really nice ship to play

also if you angle at a certain number (around 70degrees) the Izumo is immune to all shots from other battleships, while you are able to bring full firepower to bare. Every incoming shot will bounce unless you are flanked (and at that tier, if you don't watch your flanks I kinda think you are not ready for Tier IX and X gameplay)

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

What if im skip the Kagaro (because im planing to do so lol) am i worthy to drive the Shimakaze :trollface:

That's a shamefur dispray! Vely dishonorabur! :trollface:

In all seriousness Izumo is the first step to adapt the Yamato playstyle that is completely different to other IJN BBs, so you won't be a total [content removed] when you drive the Yamato for the first time..

Wasn't the case for Kagerou & Shimakaze though, as both plays the same (i think) so skipping it should be fine :)

Derogatory. Post edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

That's a shamefur dispray! Vely dishonorabur! :trollface:

In all seriousness Izumo is the first step to adapt the Yamato playstyle that is completely different to other IJN BBs, so you won't be a total [content removed] when you drive the Yamato for the first time..

Wasn't the case for Kagerou & Shimakaze though, as both plays the same (i think) so skipping it should be fine :)

I see (im not trying to troll but im seriously asking lol) because i never play any IJN BBs when the game is live so i dont really have any idea about it, thats also apply to IJN DDs which i grinding it atm so yea thank for the information thats helpful to me :)  

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

why is people hating on the Izumo. its my favourite gameplay style because I love the Nelson class BBs ;;

I didn't like it at first but the gun position and the fact its citadel is located further back (does not include the turrets unless deep down in the magdet spot) It is a really nice ship to play

also if you angle at a certain number (around 70degrees) the Izumo is immune to all shots from other battleships, while you are able to bring full firepower to bare. Every incoming shot will bounce unless you are flanked (and at that tier, if you don't watch your flanks I kinda think you are not ready for Tier IX and X gameplay)

You sure you can bounce off 46cm shells :v ?

The ship isn't really bad, but Yamato just keep wrecking things up :l

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
1,310 posts

You sure you can bounce off 46cm shells :v ?

The ship isn't really bad, but Yamato just keep wrecking things up :l

my yamato's shell sometime got bounced tough :fishpalm: probably it just me that has bad aim :D

If you skip the Izumo you're not worthy to drive the Yamato

best quote ever 

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
1,310 posts

its coz you cant run away in the izumo, and return fire while running away. Is this right?. 

she can.

although she can't do it better than amagi, she did better in returning fire while retreating than nagato.

amagi can shot 2 turret at 0 degree from her back. if she want to shot her X turret  (3rd turret)  she need to anggle a little (about 20-25 degree)

while izumo cant shoot at 0 degree from her back.  she need much less angle to shot her turret to her back

about 10-15 deg for the B turrets and 15-20 deg for C turrets

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I see (im not trying to troll but im seriously asking lol) because i never play any IJN BBs when the game is live so i dont really have any idea about it, thats also apply to IJN DDs which i grinding it atm so yea thank for the information thats helpful to me :)  

lol, same thing for me.. The farthest i went with IJN DD line was Minekaze and i don't really know if the playstyle changes as the tier goes since i can't see them 80% of the time :teethhappy:

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,880 battles

Cmon guys I will proceed to buy Izumo anyway and I will join your agony and I hope I will triumph against it after all the blood, tears and swears (not a typo) and I hope I will be worthy to claim the Space Battleship Yamato!!! Action Stations!

683 posts
7,367 battles

What if im skip the Kagaro (because im planing to do so lol) am i worthy to drive the Shimakaze :trollface:

Why do you want to skip it? I always fear of Kagaro (other than Shimakaze) when sailing in a cruiser/battleship

Edited by Darkworld_2015

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Why do you want to skip it? I always fear of Kagaro (other than Shimakaze) when sailing in a cruiser/battleship

I just want Shimakaze (mine waifu) as fast as possible and i kinda have enough free EXP to do it :D:D:D

683 posts
7,367 battles

I just want Shimakaze (mine waifu) as fast as possible and i kinda have enough free EXP to do it :D:D:D

Wow that's great :) I can't wait to get my Zao or Hindernberg too, but I'm still galaxy away from them :(

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Wow that's great :) I can't wait to get my Zao or Hindernberg too, but I'm still galaxy away from them :(

I dont know about you but for me trying to reach the goal is really fun :great:

But when i received my Tier 10 as a gift of labor i mostly kept them in port for good :D:D:D 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda