Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Three bomber squadrons killed instantly

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
685 posts
8,402 battles

Is this normal/how it's meant to be?

I was playing my Ranger. I was running 1 torp and 3 bombers.

Enemy CV player was also Ranger.

He was running 2 fighters 2 bombers.

I set all my planes that were quite close together to attack one enemy DD.

As they all attacked simultaneous, a SINGLE enemy fighter squadron literally swept across my planes and killed the three bomber squadrons at the same time.

I videoed it and you can see all three bombers losing planes all at the same time as one fighter squadron engages them.

Is this normal?

I have the video of it.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

it is normal when your 3 squadrons lined up in enemy squadron's line of fire using the manual fire or alt+click or whatever they call it. well not sure if it was worse this patch than last patch since many people complaint about insta kill... im sensing some nerfbombs soon if the complaints continue, btw in not really a cv player

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Fighter squadron alt-fire. Causes said fighter squadron to fire off a huge chunk of their ammo and deal massive damage to anything caught in its path (whether it be allied or enemy planes). Was added in a couple updates ago.

Don't stack your squadrons if you see an enemy fighter squadron around :v

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Because of this, IJN CV are complete OP. Winning unit number, small squadron & versatile.

Now I'm understand why many people don't play USN CV. WG should not implement barrage skill to IJN Airfighter as they are OP in number and bring all airplane role.

My Independence feel crap. Chasing IJN TB, close to kill the unit, suddenly IJN AF doing barrage. Done. My Squadron left with 1 spare AF squadron, and the IJN had 5 unit still reign bombing and torpedoing everything. While I only left with 1 AF squadron to target 4 enemy bomber. In the end, the IJN use their 2 AF to barrage my poor 1 AF squadron. He succeed that, all my plane are gone, while enemy lose all of their AF but a dive bomber and 2 Torpedo bomber to sink my teammate. As CV player in that match, I feel responsible of them getting sunk by CV-TB over and over again. I know USN use 6 planes in a squadron and IJN use 4 planes to each squadron. In total, both IJN and USN bring the same total aircraft, but in action, IJN is too much over powered.

Due note, I play all ship type, up to Tier 6, I knew the different and I don't take side ... because I own all ship.

Here's the detail.

As IJN-CV. When Enemy USN Airfighter fly over circling my carrier, waiting any of my bomber to flight, then, I simply not deploy any of my air planes. The result, both me and the USN CV will not gain any points at all.

But as USN-CV. When I'm not able to fly my Air Fighter, it will be the doom of my team, unless enemy CV are set also Anti-Air Fighters. If USN set to Anti-Ship Bombers, we don't have anything to protect from enemy AA Fighters. It's just OMG.

USN win it BB, but, DD-CV-CA ... it's all IJN. At least, from my own experience. My play are best when play USN BB, IJN CV-CA-DD.

Edited by MissMeMiss

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

huge chunk of their ammo

Two Bars out of the possible 5

Most fighters can strafe around 3 times and still engage in a dogfight for awhile.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

yeah i lost all 3 fighter squadrons when 1 usn fighter squadron skipped as if lagging, then strafed the map square next to my fighters. all fighters went "poof".

so saying that its to make ijn fighters OP is BS.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

wiping 2 Drop bomber from indy that trying to run from my ryujo fighter. with only 1 fighter? yes its does happen.

get my all of 3 fighter wiped by only 1 fighter from indy? it also does happen..

tips of the day. never ever stack ur plane together.

get some gap between them.

6 posts
370 battles

I am amazed you got up T7 in the tech tree, and this is the first time you have encountered strafing?

Well I only saw it used for the first time yesterday and none of the guides* online mention it so as far as I am concerned its a 'new' concept.

Has it always been this destructive though? It seems a little over the top in the scheme of things. But then again in a game with cloaked warships wielding deathrays its not too far fetched.

* That I have tracked down.

211 posts
9,928 battles

Well I only saw it used for the first time yesterday and none of the guides* online mention it so as far as I am concerned its a 'new' concept.

Has it always been this destructive though? It seems a little over the top in the scheme of things. But then again in a game with cloaked warships wielding deathrays its not too far fetched.

* That I have tracked down.

It might be over the top but there needs to be a counter to just clumping squads.

I like it, it adds emphasis on unit control, positioning and awareness

iChase's CV guide mentions it (pretty sure the video is over 3 months old now)

It's been a thing ever since i started playing the game (2-3 months) and i find it used commonly which is why i was so surprised this is the first time Max Battle has encountered it.

6 posts
370 battles

iChase's CV guide mentions it (pretty sure the video is over 3 months old now)

It's been a thing ever since i started playing the game (2-3 months) and i find it used commonly which is why i was so surprised this is the first time Max Battle has encountered it.

Not just him, I always wondered what the alt option actually did with fighters.

I will give the ichase guide a gander and see if that helps me. But at the moment the sole carrier I possess just makes me sad.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Fighter squadron alt-fire. Causes said fighter squadron to fire off a huge chunk of their ammo and deal massive damage to anything caught in its path (whether it be allied or enemy planes). Was added in a couple updates ago.

Don't stack your squadrons if you see an enemy fighter squadron around :v

So a fighter strafe will hit any planes, friend or foe, in it's radius?

621 posts
2,271 battles

"IJN CV OP than US CV"

I had my IJN fighter squadron shot down yesterday. By an USN DB squadron. Without inflicting any losses.

Over friendly cruiser AA.

Your point?

87 posts
2,742 battles

Because of this, IJN CV are complete OP. Winning unit number, small squadron & versatile.

Now I'm understand why many people don't play USN CV. WG should not implement barrage skill to IJN Airfighter as they are OP in number and bring all airplane role.

My Independence feel crap. Chasing IJN TB, close to kill the unit, suddenly IJN AF doing barrage. Done. My Squadron left with 1 spare AF squadron, and the IJN had 5 unit still reign bombing and torpedoing everything. While I only left with 1 AF squadron to target 4 enemy bomber. In the end, the IJN use their 2 AF to barrage my poor 1 AF squadron. He succeed that, all my plane are gone, while enemy lose all of their AF but a dive bomber and 2 Torpedo bomber to sink my teammate. As CV player in that match, I feel responsible of them getting sunk by CV-TB over and over again. I know USN use 6 planes in a squadron and IJN use 4 planes to each squadron. In total, both IJN and USN bring the same total aircraft, but in action, IJN is too much over powered.

Due note, I play all ship type, up to Tier 6, I knew the different and I don't take side ... because I own all ship.

Here's the detail.

As IJN-CV. When Enemy USN Airfighter fly over circling my carrier, waiting any of my bomber to flight, then, I simply not deploy any of my air planes. The result, both me and the USN CV will not gain any points at all.

But as USN-CV. When I'm not able to fly my Air Fighter, it will be the doom of my team, unless enemy CV are set also Anti-Air Fighters. If USN set to Anti-Ship Bombers, we don't have anything to protect from enemy AA Fighters. It's just OMG.

USN win it BB, but, DD-CV-CA ... it's all IJN. At least, from my own experience. My play are best when play USN BB, IJN CV-CA-DD.

when I got T10 battle that has Hakuryu VS Midway

Midway team is often win. even Hakuryu  use Air supremacy loadout and Midway use Strike loadout

Edited by rattananen

Sign in to follow this