You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fuzzjunky

izumo... why?

34 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,459 posts
7,193 battles

All we'd be arguing over is what primary sources are required before we might consider a ship design to be 'serious' and 'legitimate'.

I more or less laid out my view earlier. At the very least design to the point one might have started construction.

List of things on a page? Nope. Which is why the later BBs of Germany I wouldn't accept as legit, either. Unless someone can show some serious technical drawings etc.

Mind you, the CV lines are going to be even more problematic given only the USN, IJN and RN had any worth a damn.

Then again, WG has shown its hand by introducing a premium cruiser in the Soviet fleet that was built after WW2....AT TIER 8. That pretty much ends the whole conversation, LOL.

Doesn't really matter what we think, and, as I pointed out, there are many other things I'd alter before worrying about how much of the fleets are from the BS draw.

Man you are really salty about the Mikhail Kutuzov for reasons unfathomable. I think the Iowa should be removed from the game because they historically had missiles and CIWS systems. And they are too modern for the game. 

468 posts
9,556 battles

I really hope you're being sarcastic as the Iowas were built during the war (WWII) and served in several areas of the pacific. They weren't modernised with those features until much later.

Super Tester
1,459 posts
7,193 battles

I really hope you're being sarcastic as the Iowas were built during the war (WWII) and served in several areas of the pacific. They weren't modernised with those features until much later.

​The current MK in game is in WWII standards of a gun cruiser as in a pre WW2 Italian design so I dont see why the salt with her in the game other than her year of service. 
Edited by Deathskyz

468 posts
9,556 battles

I agree. I don't have a problem with it either, in fact I'd rather see her (as a real ship) than a paper one or one they made up. Might need a tweak balance wise, but hey I have only met her in battle a few times.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,541 battles

Why do people insist that paper ships must never be implemented into the game?  This isn't tanks where they can make wooden mockups or actual prototypes. 

Try making a prototype ship or a wooden ship mockup of a Montana or the Iowa conversion carriers.

The Izumo was an actual battleship designed by the IJN and seriously considered 

^This

Who cares about that anyway.

In an realistic sim game, sure, but in a WG title, i.e. an arcade game through and through?

I couldn't care less about what if or paper projects...

Edited by Retia

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

My point is that's only tier 8 and yet post-war.

I couldn't care less outside that as there are sufficient other issues with the game that the degree of made up BS ships is fairly low on my list.

Super Tester
1,459 posts
7,193 battles

I couldn't care less outside that as there are sufficient other issues with the game that the degree of made up BS ships is fairly low on my list.

Meanwhile all your tier 1s are more modern than their tier 5s.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,541 battles

Imagine if we already had that in WoT, ww2 tanks fighting cold war tanks!

Insanity.

7 posts

So what if its post-war? The basis of the design were Italian cruisers built in the 30s. They were marginally improved Chapayevs. Just because it was finished post war like the Des Moines , doesn't mean the performance is somehow super OP. 

If for some reason, construction of the Mogami was delayed until 1948 to be built for the some alt-history nascent JMSDF. Does that mean she belongs in T10? 

Edited by byronicasian