You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fuzzjunky

izumo... why?

34 comments in this topic

248 posts

why have they made the izumo such a pile of expensive junk??.

colorados can kick it's ass now.

i got all the upgrades, c-hull, commander points,

wasted a lot of time floating around in the ugly steel coffin,

but when a colorado charges at yopu full steam knowing he's going to kick your ass,

you have to go back to the drawing board guys. it's a joke.

i'll play thru to the yamato now,

and then we'll have maps full of yamatos cos it's what everyone does now.

why oh why couldn't they find a decent ship for the tier 9 slot??

248 posts

it's also sooooo ugly!!.

not that i'm shallow ;)

it's always been bad. i've had it for 6 weeks or so.

i keep hoping every update it will get some help.

it's no match for a north carolina, or colorado,

and sometimes cruisers demolish it.

very strange to put what seems to be a tier 6 BB in a tier 9 slot

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

First of all, they had to make up the tier 9 unless they'd gone from Nagato as tier 7 to Yamato as tier 9 to Super Yamato as 10 and leave tier 8 empty/make up a ship as they did.

Finding a ship? No, they largely will make them up. It's not as though most nations made a ton of plans for ships, and by plans I mean serious drafting work as opposed to thought bubbles.

Hell, the overwhelming majority of the Soviet BB line is likely to be pure fantasy, as will their performance (Soviets were very much behind in naval tech; which isn't a slight on them, it's a simple statement of fact as naval building was simply not the priority other military tech was, for good reasons).

As for a Colobado charging you? That's pretty funny. First of all it does a whole 21kt, so if it's charging you and closing the range it's because you're letting it as you can easily outrun it AND out-range it. Have you played the Colobado? The idea anyone is complaining about a BB from tier 5 and up as WORSE than the Colobado is pretty funny (other than AA where it does, ironically, shine).

Lastly, either WG is genetically partially inept at balance OR it's their business model to litter every single line with at least ONE stinker, the idea being to 'encourage' you to spend money. They did it in WoT, too.

Hell, gamers might just be stupid enough to pay them money NOT to play their game (I tend to pay money to PLAY games, not to reward awful design decisions such as to punch you in the marbles every time you go up a tier by making the next stock item a completely gimped, useless PoS), so maybe they're geniuses (or at least understand how stupid a lot of gamers are).

As an aside, I'd have been fine with them choosing not to fill tiers with napkinwaffe rubbish just so there's something there, but apparently they don't work that way.

Edited by Steeltrap

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

Why do people insist that paper ships must never be implemented into the game?  This isn't tanks where they can make wooden mockups or actual prototypes. 

Try making a prototype ship or a wooden ship mockup of a Montana or the Iowa conversion carriers.

The Izumo was an actual battleship designed by the IJN and seriously considered 

Edited by Deathskyz

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

The Izumo was a tough ship to level through. Toughest one of the IJN Line.

Once you get through it though, the sweetness of the Yamato makes it worth while.

It was nearly as bad as the Kawachi was, but a lot more EXP to get through. Its best asset was the secondaries on it (11 kms for me)

Beta Tester
8 posts
2,197 battles

Aww I am sad to hear that as I am enjoying the Amagi =(

dont be man, enjoy amagi while it lasts and save all your free xp for getting through the vitals of izumo lol

[-JSF-]
[-JSF-]
38 posts
5,342 battles

I concur. This ship is nothing more than a mere credit-xp-realcurrencytobuydoubloonstofreexp sink. Practically no armor at all, it's deck armor is as thin as a sheet of paper and there's nothing protecting the main citadel areas so it's literally a floating coffin. Even with all upgrades and modifications,  excessive angling, constant speed changes, keeping an average distance of 12 - 15km and sailing with allies, in the last 10 matches I've played, I've never gotten a kill at all in my Izumo. AT ALL. Maybe in 44 matches (which happens to be all of the games I have played in the Izumo), 7 kills (no seriously). I just want to sell it off now and just free xp it all the way to the yamato. But then again, free xp = money needed to get enough doubloons (10,000 to be exact = roughly $67) to free xp it. I'd rate this much more worse than the Kawachi at tier 3. You can't compete when the main competitor to you, the Iowa supersedes your range and actual armor by far.

Beta Tester
8 posts
2,197 battles

I've never used forums before and i'm a veteran gamer with many ideas that'd be great to discuss with on forums but my seething hatred for izumo has forced me learn this and get my point across.

The Izumo is bad, i recorded my last 10 game stats with the izumo. (all shots are accounting shots at cruisers and battle ships. Shots beyond 15km were mostly battleships considering hitting cruisers is scares and doesn't make up much of the statistics)
AP shells shot beyond 15km: 80% had 0 damage. 7% were minimal damage 3% average damage (4k per shell)

AP shells shot closer was far more beneficial with 6% with 0 damage 88% average or higher damage per shell and 8% being citadel hits

Anyone defending the Izumo will always mention to get close and get your secondaries firing aswell. It makes perfect sense especially with my recording and backup proof.
That would be the case if 2 cruisers would easily manauver around 14-17km and burn you to death with moderate damage to your above board compartments.

unless you're in an ice map with a maze of islands or a gigantic curving island with surrounding large islands to prevent the enemy from circling around from a distance, you're screwed.

Every youtube video of a successful Izumo game is in a map that works with the short range strat and the enemy team spends less than 1% of ammunition of the game to attack the izumo

I am not joking and i am writing this as i have calmed down and taken a bigger perspective than just my feelings for the ship

Super Tester
1,310 posts

well.

i played izumo and grind it through until i got my yamato

izumo in hull A is suck. yes shes suck. 

dull AP, sluggish rudder, only mediocore AA, 

but Hull C fixed those problem

and i find it enjoyable after u put all of the upgrade needed. i even did carry some games in my izumo.

the only thing that cant be fixed even after u put all of the upgrade : main battery destruction rate, and risk of detonation

mid range AP plugging fire from the front mostly will hit the conning tower then bounched to ur main battery (3rd turret). which causing continual penetration to the turret and finally blow it up. i usually lost a turret in 1 every 3 or 4 games.

also be careful with torpedoes. it might caused u to detonated, the huge magazine citadel that packed into 1 in front area could easily kill u if u got hit by torpedo there.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,880 battles

Hahaha...and Im finally able to get enough credits to buy this izumo today but...seeing how Izumo is so damn hard to use and credit sink made me having second thoughts for a second...but then again I guess I have to proceed anyway since its the penultimate step to Yamato...and have the bitter taste of it myself...

On another note, good thing I have few BB capt to spare from Kongo till Amagi, so I guess Ill leave Amagi capt on Amagi and transfer Nagato Capt to Izumo...

If I may ask suggestion  from you guys which capt should I use for Izumo? And should I redistribute Nagato capt skill (throwing out fire prevention) and transfer him to Izumo? Im not sure what skill to choose for lvl 5 skills though but I dont feel anything else as good as Superintendent.

My Amagi capt skill is at

1) Basic Survivability

2) Expert Marksmen

3) High Alert and Superintendent

4) AFT

My Nagato capt skill is at

1) Basic Survivability

2) Expert Marksmen and Fire Prevention

3) High Alert

4) AFT

Thanks btw and sorry fuzzjunky to jump in your thread

Edited by MaFlowerCrab

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Hahaha...and Im finally able to get enough credits to buy this izumo today but...seeing how Izumo is so damn hard to use and credit sink made me having second thoughts for a second...but then again I guess I have to proceed anyway since its the penultimate step to Yamato...and have the bitter taste of it myself...

On another note, good thing I have few BB capt to spare from Kongo till Amagi, so I guess Ill leave Amagi capt on Amagi and transfer Nagato Capt to Izumo...

If I may ask suggestion  from you guys which capt should I use for Izumo? And should I redistribute Nagato capt skill (throwing out fire prevention) and transfer him to Izumo? Im not sure what skill to choose for lvl 5 skills though but I dont feel anything else as good as Superintendent.

My Amagi capt skill is at

1) Basic Survivability

2) Expert Marksmen

3) High Alert and Superintendent

4) AFT

My Nagato capt skill is at

1) Basic Survivability

2) Expert Marksmen and Fire Prevention

3) High Alert

4) AFT

Thanks btw and sorry fuzzjunky to jump in your thread

pls dont be happy yet if u are able to buy izumo.

u can be happy after u get Hull C and some module upgrades.

my sugestion for BB skill is :

tier 1. basic survivability (this skill + 1 million damage control upgrade makes u only need to take fire for 30-40 seconds)

tier 2. expert marksmand (nothing to explain here. its no brainer pick)

tier 3. super intendent (you would love to have 1 extra repair party charge) but if u prefer to use repair party II that more powerful (faster cooldown and also giving +1 charge) for 20k credit each match. u can pick the 1 below.

tier 3. (another option) high alert. u would like to have faster damage control. especially when u are flooding.

tier 4. AFT. more range to AA defence and 2ndary are very welcome

ok thats if ur captain is only at lvl 10 (10 skill point). now. if u have lvl 15 comander (15 skill point) u have this option :

Option 1 :

take tier 5 skill : i think jack of all trade is nice choice. faster reload to all of ur consumable (damage control, repair party, scout/fighter) is nice. if you dont want to take jack of all trade, the 1 that gives +30% durability to module is also OK.

Option 2 :

take another lower tier skill in trade of not taking tier 5 skill : i personally take this way. i take another tier 3 skill that i dont have yet in list above, so i get both super intendent and high alert. after that i take the tier 1 skill BFT too. BFT+AFT will gives huge boost to ur AA defence power.

after that u can transfer this captain to ur yamato after u get her.

i cant comment much for captain with lvl 16++

since from lvl 15 to 16 already need 230k exp to lvl up. the next lvl will be need even more :(

Edited by ReNation

219 posts
3,362 battles

It may well have been an actual design but even in my short experience with WoWs I've learned that any resemblance the WoWs ships have to reality is purely coincidental.

Even the updates and modules are, in most instances, pure fiction.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,880 battles

Haha yeah was happy a little while ago until I read this and the other Izumo thread. But now Im anxious and getting excited to try the suggestions from you and I hope I can bear the grind towards all the upgs and hull.

Thanks ReNation, my Amagi and Nagato capt is lvl 14 and lvl 12, respectively. For all my BB I normally uses the Damage Control Party II and Repair Party II and on Amagi with High Alert + Superintendent I have 5 charge and that greatly increase my survivability nowadays. I have one more point free and I guess I probably gonna take BFT.

I guess I can transfer him to Izumo and then transfer Nagato capt to Amagi so I can play Amagi too, when I feel down with Izumo haha.

Edited by MaFlowerCrab

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Why do people insist that paper ships must never be implemented into the game?  This isn't tanks where they can make wooden mockups or actual prototypes. 

Try making a prototype ship or a wooden ship mockup of a Montana or the Iowa conversion carriers.

My own view is a ship is 'paper' unless it has full schematics that could have been used to build it, and even better is if construction had in fact commenced.

To that end, the South Dakota of 1920s is not a paper ship. More powerful than the woeful Colobado, too, with a top speed of 23kt, main armament of 12 x 16" guns, and the best armour protection and greatest displacement (~43,000t) of any USN BB up to the Iowa class (funnily enough, Iowa was the name of one of the class). All of them were under construction when scrapped around 1923.

By comparison the only references I can find to Izumo as a BB is not named Izumo (that was a cruiser; the BB was design A-140, with Super Yamato being design A-150) AND seems to be a partial 'what if IJN were to design a Nelson-like BB (all main armament forward, although the 3rd turret much closer to the bridge and thus facing forwards)".

No schematics to any great degree, and certainly never approved for construction, let alone anything actually occurring. AFAIK there's barely one mention of it, too, from one designer with a pretty poor record (AFAIK their earlier designs tended to have stability problems and were frequently altered during construction).

Have you got a better source? Something to suggest it's more than I've mentioned? Something to support your assertion it was an 'actual design....seriously considered'? If so would love to read it.

As for paper ships, that's personal preference. We all know WG is making all sorts of [redacted] up to give each nation a supposed "character", and that's before one considers the game mechanics.

I don't insist they leave out paper ships, doubly so because there are many other things I would change well before that (although I'm sure the Soviet fleet is going to be cringe-worthy).

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

^

That's a pile of numbers on a sheet. Not at all close to what I was talking about.

Lets bring Tosa-class battleship back to life :D:D:D

Optional for tier 8 or 9 IJN battleships (even tho it will result in less performance)  

And here the paper you requested (even tho i don't know the exactly source of this but i heard it form the book called Japanese battle ship project collection or somethings)   

3p1m1Sd.png

As you can see the gun placement is almost as same as Izumo the difference is the 4 guns turrets which might be 15 inch gun like Prince of Wales so WG have to tweak it to 16 inch with 3 guns turrets to make the ship competitive with other nation (you don't want 15 inch in Tier 9 right?).  

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Well SteelTrap.. You can go argue with Daigensui. I think she is your match in this matter. 

Always wanted to see a SteelTrap vs. Daigensui. 

Deathskyz please notice my post :(

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

All we'd be arguing over is what primary sources are required before we might consider a ship design to be 'serious' and 'legitimate'.

I more or less laid out my view earlier. At the very least design to the point one might have started construction.

List of things on a page? Nope. Which is why the later BBs of Germany I wouldn't accept as legit, either. Unless someone can show some serious technical drawings etc.

Mind you, the CV lines are going to be even more problematic given only the USN, IJN and RN had any worth a damn.

Then again, WG has shown its hand by introducing a premium cruiser in the Soviet fleet that was built after WW2....AT TIER 8. That pretty much ends the whole conversation, LOL.

Doesn't really matter what we think, and, as I pointed out, there are many other things I'd alter before worrying about how much of the fleets are from the BS draw.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

All we'd be arguing over is what primary sources are required before we might consider a ship design to be 'serious' and 'legitimate'.

I more or less laid out my view earlier. At the very least design to the point one might have started construction.

List of things on a page? Nope. Which is why the later BBs of Germany I wouldn't accept as legit, either. Unless someone can show some serious technical drawings etc.

Mind you, the CV lines are going to be even more problematic given only the USN, IJN and RN had any worth a damn.

Then again, WG has shown its hand by introducing a premium cruiser in the Soviet fleet that was built after WW2....AT TIER 8. That pretty much ends the whole conversation, LOL.

Doesn't really matter what we think, and, as I pointed out, there are many other things I'd alter before worrying about how much of the fleets are from the BS draw.

"No one can proved us wrong"