Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Davidious

Best way to use Emden commanders XP reward

22 comments in this topic

Super Tester
509 posts

Its only 3x if you played Coop mode vs bots not PVP vs players.

Unless your a collector I think the ship is best to be sold for the million + credits and the free port slot personally. Like what I did with the Albany :P

Edited by Vyviel

[APS]
80 posts
6,414 battles

I didn't get the Albany so sold her, like the Emden so keeping him.

753 posts
8,965 battles

I will complete the challenges that expire on the 31st then I will just do the 3X Emden in co op to build up the commander skills without converting them (I did use the first skill for the quicker reload time).

Then I will have a commander with with high skills to use appropriately when another German line of ships is introduced in the future much the same as I do with the Orlan now in preparation for a future Russian ship line.

I have only played a few games with the Emden and have not found it too bad so I may keep it for when there are challenges that require a tier 2 ship.

334 posts
12,993 battles

As long as u win you get about a 1000 commander xp each battle which is ok for low commanders but look at what your guy needs and you will see you need a lot of battles in the Emden. BTW if you do put another commander in her do not retrain him to Emden just leave him as is to transfer him back to his usual ship. He still gets the xp.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Emden got almost same stat as Dresden .. with 2 less gun ...1 at each side but better turning

at least it better than albany .... so i will keep her :)

Edited by WindCruiser

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

I wonder if you guys realised yet that its x3 commander experience to the NEXT battle (could be purely unintentional)

basically

Play Emden in co-op and win (easy)

Move Emden Captain to other ship (Admiral Hipper for example, could also affect other captains from other nations.. )

Don't choke

get 2000 base exp, Captain exp bonus comes in at x3 so your commander gets 6000 experience, there are reports if you do really well people have gotten upwards of 50 thousand (yes, 50 thousand!!) commander experience in a single game. Not joking.

This is REPEATABLE.

I woe for everybody who sold this ship for a port slot when something like this existed to use..

Edited by iLordShade

6 posts
370 battles

I wonder if you guys realised yet that its x3 commander experience to the NEXT battle (could be purely unintentional)

basically

Play Emden in co-op and win (easy)

Move Emden Captain to other ship (Admiral Hipper for example, could also affect other captains from other nations.. )

Don't choke

get 2000 base exp, Captain exp bonus comes in at x3 so your commander gets 6000 experience, there are reports if you do really well people have gotten upwards of 50 thousand (yes, 50 thousand!!) commander experience in a single game. Not joking.

This is REPEATABLE.

I woe for everybody who sold this ship for a port slot when something like this existed to use..

Has anyone tested this and proved it?

Because even three times the coop awards are still worse than bad pvp loss.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I think most of you are missing an important point here - The XP for for your commander, not your ship, so it does not show on your after battle report.

Before taking the ship out, take note of the xp your commander has, and then after battle, have a look at how much he has.

753 posts
8,965 battles

I think most of you are missing an important point here - The XP for for your commander, not your ship, so it does not show on your after battle report.

Before taking the ship out, take note of the xp your commander has, and then after battle, have a look at how much he has.

Yep, I've only had Emden 2 days and I'm already up to +7 on my commander skills, well +6 really as I used one for the quicker reload time. 

75 posts
3,402 battles

Yep, I've only had Emden 2 days and I'm already up to +7 on my commander skills, well +6 really as I used one for the quicker reload time. 

Hi Trojan, is that just rolling non stop Co-Op missions in the Emden and same captain Heintze ?

Thanks

Edited by Davidious

75 posts
3,402 battles

you can use the x3 for crew retraining as well, it is x3 for the crew. (and I have tested the numbers to be sure)

Hi

I have tested the XP as well, it is actually times 3.3 of your total XP received from the  credits and XP summary page. (Times 3 and the daily .3 multiplier)

I have accrued 7 points so far.

I haven't tried swapping out the captain BUT it does say the Emden is required - unless the programme is wrong..........

75 posts
3,402 battles

NOPE _ it didnt work. Perhaps they corrected this.

I won a coop battle and recd the x3 award - for next battle.

Swapped the captain out of the Emden and into my NEW Konigsberg.

I opted for the half XP penalty option - 200,000 silver, 4000/8000 rebuild penalty.

I entered into a fresh Co-Op battle and earnt 480 XP. (Being 320 x 1.5)

Ships XP is now 480 and Captains points 4480/8000 in the red.

sad David

753 posts
8,965 battles

Hi Trojan, is that just rolling non stop Co-Op missions in the Emden and same captain Heintze ?

Thanks

Yes and with just short of 2 weeks left for the x3 you can imagine how much can be accumulated. 

Sign in to follow this