Haku

AimAssist and hacking in general

15 comments in this topic

55 posts
1,095 battles

I have been away for awhile Playing fallout 4 Modding the hell out of that First game I have ever modded
So I come back and is it just me or has nearly every 1 downloaded the aim assist People just dont miss any more and I got hit by 1 AP shell in my New York from a CV (cant rember which 1 ) it hit my flag pole on my focsale I had about 7/8ths health and boom I died It did not say detonation it just killed me So I did some digging thru the game files and found were the fiqures are for the damage shells does, and I found it with Notepad and I could change it as well I did not try Did not want to stuff my game install, so is this what happened to me and he had hacked the game or what And why is the aim assist even alowed? 
Has made me not want to play any more so frustrating hiting some 1 for 50 odd hits they hit you 5 -15 times and your dead

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I think you forgot your hat made out of state-of-the-art aluminium alloys somewhere along the way...

This isn't Command and Conquer, or Total War, where you can change your unit's stats with Notepad.

55 posts
1,095 battles

Well mate I am telling you to just look and you can find it easy I could change the value In notepad A lot of there confiq files are html as well So a html editor would work as well I think

And you say you cant just do it in notepad Cool I disagree but cool So what about all the other hacking software out there?????????
We can mod stuff now like pics shell trajectory and tails zoom ect ect You trying to tell me that hackers cant work out how to change shell values :-)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Well mate I am telling you to just look and you can find it easy I could change the value In notepad A lot of there confiq files are html as well So a html editor would work as well I think

And you say you cant just do it in notepad Cool I disagree but cool So what about all the other hacking software out there?????????

We can mod stuff now like pics shell trajectory and tails zoom ect ect You trying to tell me that hackers cant work out how to change shell values :-)

I understand what you mean, but sadly this game isn't work that way is not the client base is a server base game and what you telling is kinda impossible.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I'm just going to post an old post made by a friend on the World of Tanks forums. Note the date.

I've been in IT my entire life in 2 fields, Networks and Software Engineering (Programming). In almost a decade I've worked several years at an ISP in a NOC (network operations centre), and now in high level software incident resolution. I'd like to say I'm pretty experienced and knowledgeable in all the related areas of hacking; network, software, security, OS, scripting, etc.

The client/server thing is such a bigger deal than you think it is, its not that a little is calculated on the server; everything is calculated on the server. This is why there is a delay when you move, this is why there is a delay when you shoot, this is why there is a delay when you scout something, this is why when in arty view and you scroll across the map quickly enemy tanks that are scouted will take a second to appear. Your client is a thin client, it does nothing other than translate keyboard and mouse movements into commands to send to the server, when the server replies, your tank then moves/shoots, turns etc on your screen. This is why high ping players really feel the lag, because its not just shells that lag making firing hard, but every movement, turn, command is slow and sluggish.

The trade off for that much being calculated on the server is security. You can't have a vision hack, because the server doesn't send data of hidden tanks to your client, so your game client is just as clueless as you are as to where your enemy is. You can't have an aim bot because the server doesn't give your client enough information for it to calculate where you need to lead a target, and aiming directly at the centre of enemy tanks is very ineffective, especially when they are moving. You can't hack guns accuracy or penetration values because these are controlled on the server, and everyone, mods and devs included are subject to the same values and algorithms. The only thing you can do with your client is change the artwork, the drawing of the environment and maps, as those files are on your computer. You can delete your buildings files so that you can see right through them, but without the server sending you the data, you're still not going to see the tank on the other side or be able to shoot through it. The only stuff you can change which actually affects the game, is the stuff that you can mod anyway. Change the art of the tanks to add skins, remove the foliage from trees and bushes etc.

The only way you could hack WoT is to compromise the World of Tanks server; and let me assure you, despite what your mate, or the news, or idiots on blogs say - this requires a skill set that many people say they have, but very few actually do. This is what you're gonna have to do to get this done (at a bare minimum). You're gonna have to firstly compromise their firewall, not only connect to it, but then gain administrative rights on it. Cisco and Juniper both spend 10s of millions of dollars in research and development each month to ensure that isn't possible. Once you've done that, you're gonna have to get access into their administrative VLAN, so that servers will actually accept your connections - doing this without a network diagram will be pretty challenging, and a completely new set of skills to anything else you have done so far. Now you're gonna need to compromise their domain server, their authentication server its self. The throbbing heart of their server cluster. The tightest locked up sucker in the cluster. After you've done this, and have administrative access across their entire domain, you can actually start to figure out what you need to do to make changes. What I mean is, there isn't a text file on the desktop of their one (try several hundreds) server that says 'damage modifiers for players.txt' which you simply change a value on. Oh no, you have no idea at all what their server's file system is going to look like, is the server many files, or a few packed ones, are all the values plain text (unlikely) or compiled? You're not gonna be able to simply change a registry key or a value in a file to achieve your double damage.

What you're probably going to have to do, is get into their source code management system, and download the entire lot. You're then going to have to deal with programming in several different programming languages and in a mix of English and Russian, and hope you paid enough attention in math class to identify and understand the super complex algorithms that calculate damage, pen, modules dmg etc. These things will will be generic functions, to the lamen that means 1 process used to process the same thing many times. An example would be the 'shooting' function, which would be different to the 'damage dealt' function. The shooting function probably look like this: input 'gun used, trajectory fired at, dispersion level' and would output 'actual trajectory' and then trigger an event to fire the 'reload gun' function and the 'do i hit' functions followed by the 'do i penetrate and how much damage do i do if i do' function.

There is no player name taken into consideration in these functions, so if you want the hack to apply only to you, and not everyone - you're then going to have to start coding functions of your own, most of them by copy and paste, and then develop your own function to trigger your functions instead of the defaults when you're the one the server receives data from. I can assure you that figuring out the source code and developing your own server side hack is a task that would take a single man no less than a year straight at 80 hours per week. The problem here is, as you take a huge amount of time to figure this out, Wargaming is patching and changing how stuff is and works left and right. If you started doing this when the game was released, the physics patch will set you back many months while you figure out what is different. If the stars align, and you inject your code into their code, they don't notice, no one in code review notices, testing misses it and it gets deployed to the server. You now have the problem of covering your tracks and maintaining it. If you remove the code from the source when they compile it, then the next time they compile it, your hack will be removed. If you leave the source in there, you risk is being discovered at which point its all over. Every time WG does a patch, you're gonna have to repeat the process to keep your hacks in working order.

If your not really paying attention thus far, what you have is Office Space mixed with several horror movies. I'm thinking to have this done within a month, you're going to need a team of 15 to 25 people. I'm not talking about College students or people you can find with ads in the paper. I'm talking the purest of nerds, the ones with masters and doctorates, and they have to be willing to severely break the law for you. People that can and do charge $500 an hour for their honest work. You're gonna need to hire them full time and spend a good 2-3 million to get the computer hardware needed to even attempt this - remember you're breaking your way through several layers of locked down public facing enterprise network security crap, compromising a similarly locked down top of the line authentication server, breaking into all of their servers, either reverse engineering or downloading the source code to gain and understanding of their game server, coding your own changes, getting your changes implemented and maintaining all of the network, authentication and game code breaches. After investing all of that money, there isn't even an assurance that it is possible.

If you're willing to part with millions of dollars to gain an advantage, why not just buy gold rounds? They're cheaper, and they're guaranteed to work.

Edited by Haku

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,814 battles

169rhpd.jpg

55 posts
1,095 battles

nlah61.jpg

I hate hackers Why I posted this to point out If I as a total noob to hacking (I have programming experience though) I can find it and change it (yes I never saved it but hey Might download the NA version and try on that to not stuff this one I have on Aisa server) Surley to hell hackers can do it in there sleep

[content removed]

Discussion/linking illegal/inappropriate content. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

55 posts
1,095 battles

Or maybe you faced competent players that knows how to aim?  Did you sail in a straigh line for a long period of time?

No I did not I turn I change speeds Why it gets me It dont happen with all players Just some very few ones I know it a hack Dont care what any 1 says

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

No I did not I turn I change speeds Why it gets me It dont happen with all players Just some very few ones I know it a hack Dont care what any 1 says

Do you have any concrete evidence to support your claims?

55 posts
1,095 battles

I'm just going to post an old post made by a friend on the World of Tanks forums. Note the date.

I have read that too And yes it is calculated on the server But the fiqures for the guns are in the programm files and on the server they use those fiqures with were you are hit and the defense value (that is in the programm files too I found those as well) to determine damage If you have chaged the default fiqure for what the shell does That has nothen todo with the server Does it It only works on the fiqures it gets

55 posts
1,095 battles

Then why should we care about you? 

I  dont care if you do I just always will point out what I think is wrong and there are HAckers Simple plain truth

Game owners will always say it cant be hacked ect ect They still want you to buy stuff and spend money If the game is full of hackers and that general knowledge would you spend money??????