Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

CV nerf gone too far ?

16 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Good day all. I want to ask you all a question: Did the CV nerf gone too far ? (sorry for my poor English) After patch 0.5.2 I really do not want to play CV any more. They have disgustingly poor exp pay rate, please watch Aeroon's latest Midway video). Secondly, the 2x plane squadrons reloading time is a big slap in the face for CVs. Since the game's exp payout is based on damage the carriers cannot deal as much damage as before and they will receive less EXP/ battle which is very frustrating. The role of an aircraft carrier is to take down enemy's capital ships such as battleships and other aircraft carriers. War Gaming is now limiting CVs ability to perform its role. Lastly, due to a lack of CVs lately in the higher tiers I noticed that many battleships and cruisers captain are getting incredibly stupid. Battleships are hiding behind islands, cruisers are going in kamikaze mode and rush in right to the middle of the map to find destroyers and other cruisers. The thing is without an aircraft carrier, battleship play will become incredibly boring. Just trading salvos after salvos with other battleships and get killed by destroyers all the time because there are no planes to search for destroyers. 

My suggestion would be to remove the 2x planes reload time. The EXP payout could remain the same because w/o the 2x plane reloading time CVs will be able to deal huge amount of damage and get an adequate amount of exp. 

61 posts
1,022 battles

even if what you say is true people willl say CV OP... most of them think that WOWS is WOT in sea so your argument will be a moot point to them... carriers are a dying breed of ships and WG will not be able to deny that since commandeering a carrier is torturous and unforgivable

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I have been stuck on the ryujo for MONTHS. I hate playing cv's, and the tier 8-10 cvs are stupidly OP.

The ryujo is literally useless, and now with the strafing glitch, its 3/1/1 is definately useless.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

You do know the x2 (x3 for IJN) replacement penalty time is to prevent CVs from LOLYOLOing their planes and suiciding them right? When your planes return normally they don't get that penalty?

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

I have been stuck on the ryujo for MONTHS. I hate playing cv's, and the tier 8-10 cvs are stupidly OP.

The ryujo is literally useless, and now with the strafing glitch, its 3/1/1 is definately useless.

We still have yet to see your replay of this glitch... Fighter strafing got a huge buff this patch.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

You do know the x2 (x3 for IJN) replacement penalty time is to prevent CVs from LOLYOLOing their planes and suiciding them right? When your planes return normally they don't get that penalty?

What about ships like the Lexington. Her torpedoes and dive bombers are super weak which mean that they get destroyed all the time. This mean that a lot of the time the Lexington will have a 110 seconds reload time for her torpedoes bombers because the Lexington TB get shredded to pieces all the time 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

What about ships like the Lexington. Her torpedoes and dive bombers are super weak which mean that they get destroyed all the time. This mean that a lot of the time the Lexington will have a 110 seconds reload time for her torpedoes bombers because the Lexington TB get shredded to pieces all the time 

Against what ships did you YOLO with Lady Lex's beauties? 

61 posts
1,022 battles

I get it already that u are saying USN cvs are too weak.... you've iterated it long enough in the forums

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I get it already that u are saying USN cvs are too weak.... you've iterated it long enough in the forums

Since when did I say that USN CV are weak in this post? I am saying that this new CV nerf can effect some CVs such as the Lexington really badly. 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,811 battles

Ships like North Carolina and Izumo. Tier 8-10 BBs and CA are deadly to Lady Lex's TB and DB

You have your answer. 

NC has godly AA.

Izumo has really good AA for the IJN BBs

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

You have your answer. 

NC has godly AA.

Izumo has really good AA for the IJN BBs

Well due to how well tier 8-10 ships are armed with AA guns ships like the Lexington can struggle at attacking ships at the same tier. And this is worsen by the 2x reloading time nerf

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Since when did I say that USN CV are weak in this post? I am saying that this new CV nerf can effect some CVs such as the Lexington really badly. 

He meant that you have a reputation that precedes you.

280 posts
3,514 battles

i think the lexington's planes might be underpowered

Yes i didnt have the lex yet and i only have the flat merchant ship

Did they nerf the lex's planes or nah?

as other said that the us planes are much better than ijn's and i dont know if that's true...

also santa's torpedo gifts and dive gifts seems to be quickly oblitirated too..      nerfs

Edited by Vorshlaghammer666

Sign in to follow this