Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Apex1o1

I need to vent :(

27 comments in this topic

211 posts
9,931 battles

So, I am finding myself in endless frustration with a fairly ridiculous losing streak going on (something like 20 losses with the occasional win)

At T6/7 it boggles the mind that players still have no understanding of some of the basic mechanics of the game.

(I would assume even with premium it would take over a month or more to get to, unless the game is played 24/7 so they're not newbies at this level)

/Rant

DD's not understanding the concept of screening or scouting for their team, instead opting for that kamikaze torpedo run against a lone DD in the face of 3 or more cruisers

CA's dawdling around doing their own thing and completely ignoring their AA capabilities as the BB's are nuked from the sky

BB's charging head on into DD infested waters or sailing blindly around island looking for torpedo's to eat

CV's sending all 3 fighter squads to attack a single fighter group knowing there are 2 more waiting with range to strafe the majority of their planes

/End Rant

Sigh... are Ranked battles any better?

I swear i've gone from a 50%+ win ratio to probably 20%

AFK Bots probably have a better win/lose ratio than me now

So salty atm:fishpalm: 

Edited by Apex1o1

61 posts
1,022 battles

So, I am finding myself in endless frustration with a fairly ridiculous losing streak going on (something like 20 losses with the occasional win)

At T6/7 it boggles the mind that players still have no understanding of some of the basic mechanics of the game.

(I would assume even with premium it would take over a month or more to get to, unless the game is played 24/7 so they're not newbies at this level)

/Rant

DD's not understanding the concept of screening or scouting for their team, instead opting for that kamikaze torpedo run against a lone DD in the face of 3 or more cruisers

CA's dawdling around doing their own thing and completely ignoring their AA capabilities as the BB's are nuked from the sky

BB's charging head on into DD infested waters or sailing blindly around island looking for torpedo's to eat

CV's sending all 3 fighter squads to attack a single fighter group knowing there are 2 more waiting with range to strafe the majority of their planes

/End Rant

then stop playing mid tier games

724 posts
2,179 battles

/Rant

/End Rant

Been there done that.

Here's a little tip from me to get all your rage off.

1. Go get yourself a Tier 1 or Tier 2 ship.
  2. Go Sealclubbing
  3. ???
  4. PROFIT

Well jokes aside, try to div up with a few friends (they don't need to be exactly good,but that's a plus). Don't always think about losing or your stats dropping, it doesn't matter.

What matters is that you can contribute to the team, while having fun. If you make a mistake just laugh it off, don't let your emotion and frustration get the better of you.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Been there done that.

Here's a little tip from me to get all your rage off.

1. Go get yourself a Tier 1 or Tier 2 ship.
  2. Go Sealclubbing
  3. ???
  4. PROFIT

Well jokes aside, try to div up with a few friends (they don't need to be exactly good,but that's a plus). Don't always think about losing or your stats dropping, it doesn't matter.

What matters is that you can contribute to the team, while having fun. If you make a mistake just laugh it off, don't let your emotion and frustration get the better of you.

Yeah i have a Isokaze for farming flags with

Not so much worried about that W/L stats i just want to actually get some wins and some decent EXP, ehhh screw it *throws money at game

520 posts
11,127 battles

I feel you... but dont worry... your WR is still at 54.83%

Anyway.... what i do, is when ever i Have a loosing streak with 1 ship.. i change ship or gameplay.  

hope it helps.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

divving is terrible for this game in its infancy.

yesterday alone, my team gets a t4 divved with a tier 9 in a tier 9 battle. the tier 9 dies first, so the tier 4 sails into open water to get killed quick, because his div mate is already dead. within 4 mins we have lost 2 ships, and one was useless from mm anyway.

460 posts
8,337 battles

Obviously if you're going to div up with someone you should pick ships of the same tier, if you organise it well it usually pays off. You do get to chose the ships and who you div up with, so if you choose poorly you can hardly blame others for being stupid. I understand frustrations about other divisions making those poor choices when they form up. For those with higher tier ships playing with those less experienced players, you should get a ship that matches the level of who-ever you're playing with rather than bringing them to a match they likely can't handle yet.

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,456 battles

sorry to hear your experience OP, but we all experience it.  lack of aggression is a big one I find with teammates on the asia svr.  theres not much you can do about it unfortunately.  I watch peoples first movements in the spawn, pick 2 or 3 guys I see moving with a purpose (and not blind firing), and get in line with them.  sometimes I choose wisely, sometimes I choose poorly.  guess RNG happens everywhere :)

occasionally you find someone who clearly knows what theyre doing and it makes for a great game.  you'll be amazed at how many games you'll win with only a third of your team actually contributing to the victory! keeps you coming back too (much like that one golf swing in the round that isn't completely rubbish).

Edited by Addos

406 posts
6,287 battles

Obviously if you're going to div up with someone you should pick ships of the same tier, if you organise it well it usually pays off. You do get to chose the ships and who you div up with, so if you choose poorly you can hardly blame others for being stupid. I understand frustrations about other divisions making those poor choices when they form up. For those with higher tier ships playing with those less experienced players, you should get a ship that matches the level of who-ever you're playing with rather than bringing them to a match they likely can't handle yet.

Once I was divving up with someone for a tier 6 or 7 match (can't remember) and I intended to use my Tier 6/7 ship - I accidentally had a Tier 3 selected....

Guess how that went...

There is also a screenie of a Tier 2 DD in a Tier 10 match wrecking face (ninja detectability and torpedoes)

There is something to be said for the Game mechanics allowing Divisions like that....

280 posts
3,514 battles

i agree to your comment

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,110 battles

find balance in the div..i often use DDxCA / CAxBB / BBxCV or just basically varied form of ship types. this way, one ship can cover the weakness of the other and vice versa

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

then stop playing mid tier games

Yeah ?

Clearly U have No idea of Up or higher tier games !! Or perhaps u might Be playing in Neverland ,Where DD scouts ,CA give AA cover toBB and Provide support to DD's, BB Cover Ca's Advance, And CV ..... Well U know.....    -_-  

Allow me to shed some Light on Recent days Issues on same.... 

1 ) Now i am not complaining but from T7-10 games are usually infested with  and i will quoute my Word  ""Imbeciles"" .  Now if u will notice I haven't said 'NOOBS"   The reason is NEw skilless Players are Just buying premium T8 ships and Just charging In game, they have No idea As to what a particular class is supposed to do and what are their responsibilities towards games. 

The New Mikhail Kuznetsev  is such fine example,Now i am not complaining, WG has went to Hell and back to bring awesome game to us,They need thier profit, But still i do think thier must be some Restrictions on Buying ship based on Gameplay experience and No of games. 

2) People Rush in 1 direction <most of teams are lemmings, BB dosent want to take Hits, COLRADO and NEW MEXICO BB players are using Range Mod and sniping from back . DD are Staying Around the Cap Torpedo-sniping. Some Ca do dare to do the right Thing But get wrecked soon Dude to lack of support. 

3) CV busy tacking DD or enemy CV, Ive seen Nowdays CV players Relying more in TB and DB with only 1 FS, thereby getting Chewed Up. WHy Would a HIRYU , attack a NEW orleans with almost Full HP than a STock AMAGi with 18,000 HP left  ?  U see the LAck of experience of players  ? 

4) A Colrado Being Burnt By a Myoko from back ,He popped an SOS,no one responses , A Pensacola Passing from Side Fired a Few Shots , and ran away Eventually the Colrado Burned to death . People fail to understand that it is not some FPS,Where a Single Skilled Player can make a Difference. Its a God-damn TEAM PLAY. Where Everyone has to work as a single tight efficient Unit. People are so busy trying no not take  the damage and survive,That they forgot that eventually If your team looses a BB u loose  a Fire Power and Points, Dosent matter u live Or die. 

ANd the Conclusion is inevitable, When i see someone in danger i try to Help , If i see a Flank getting Torn, i try to defend , ANd the Result is same , Despit i try to do the Right things, LEts assume for a Second that i am the BEst player (Which i am Clearly Not )  ,Even i wont Last alone against 3-4 Ships. . These Are the  problem u have to face to play in mid or Higher Mid tier nowadays.  People simply Refuse to Play s a TEAM , ANd look for their own survival. 

I can keep going On , IDK about My win rate or KDr...etc, I am a Working-Office-Going Guy .The Online Game is supposed to be a Stress Reliver and fun For me . to stay from daily Tensions and relax myself at Home so that i can be ready again for tomorrow, Instead Its Giving me High BP, and possibly Rage attacks . 

219 posts
3,362 battles

..........But still i do think thier must be some Restrictions on Buying ship based on Gameplay experience and No of games.

A snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

This is a money-making venture, not shareware being done by a bunch of enthusiasts.

If newcomers have the finances to be able to buy into the game then do you really think that WG (or any other profit-driven business) is going to lock-out the cashed-up tyro from the goodies shop?

Edited by HenryCrun

38 posts
4,571 battles

Refer to the PSA its not real thread.

Its a fun arcade game that looks realistic. And just like in real world war there are lots of draftees (noobs) who've only had minimal training etc....

Why should some random player care more about your ship than others?

Its like saying in a game like battlefield 4 that everyone should be aware of the snipers and cover them and everyone else should provide cover fire when the snipers move. Its just not possible to be that aware and planned when having a fun shoot em up session.

I love doing unconventionals tuff like charging the narrows in my North Carolina.....

892 posts
7,853 battles

Too many times have I (in a CA/CL) pushed ahead only to find myself alone, with the rest of my team mates having turned around. I need to learn to keep an eye on the mini-map more, or

My entire team is chasing down a CV while the enemy caps, or

Finding BB babysitting the CV(s).

SOS? I've stopped using it.

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

A snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

This is a money-making venture, not shareware being done by a bunch of enthusiasts.

If newcomers have the finances to be able to buy into the game then do you really think that WG (or any other profit-driven business) is going to lock-out the cashed-up tyro from the goodies shop?

Yup totally Agreed ! Though it was more Like "Fool's Hope" . We cant even Blame Wg for Such , .Devs ,Progs's Even they goota Eat , And i believe Getting free T8 tickets to Unskilled Players is a Pretty Damn good way for that.  Private sector is like that , We dont have any say in such Issue's .

Apart for being Grateful for all that to WG , I do goota say that , Any game is as good as the Players and Competition In it . Now a days The status and skills of players is deteriorating day by day . We are experiencing More and More Noobs and Imbeciles In game, And When i say  "Noobs and Imbeciles"  i dont Mean that they cant shoot or torp some one or thier skill to be a Killer.  

Ask me ,I will Die trying TO protect a BB who hasent Scored any Hits on CA's While defending the BAse , Than for some other Other BB who is sitting at 21Km's Sniping the shit outta everyone and taking Kills. People has just forgotten the Importance Of playing As a TEAM.   

And in the End it will again happen as had in WOT, So many months spending Trying to learn the Weak spots of As many Tanks and TD's i Could have, Turned out Even T8 Scout Or Med is spamming GOLD ROUNDS ona T10 E100 and penning It frontally. Eventually WOWS will also come to such state , Perhaps that will be the time For US To find a New Game . 

But until then , i just Hope that players can be a Little More sensible, have map awareness, And at least know what they are supposed to do in their respective classes. Dosent matter they need 2-3 CITADEL'S  in every Salvo . Skills Come With Time to everyone, but In this Game Winning can only be assured By TEam effort. 

124 posts

The pattern with "bad" players in PvP, or at least in WOWS' "slow place paced PvP" naval warfare MM, they're afraid to get hurt and die. Very afraid, especially "bad" BB players.

Self-preservation first even if the whole team melt before them. It's shameful to see 3 healthy BB's remain before half of opposing team still remain to feast on them.

If BB afraid of getting hurt, don't play BB. Play multi-purpose cruisers.

If cruisers afraid of supporting BB to secure the frontline and other miscellaneous jobs, don't play cruiser if you can't multi-task. Play sneaky DD.

If DD afraid of scouting and weave in and out to secure best torp runs, and CQB with opposing DD, don't play DD. Play CV.

CV always die last. Unless your team leave you behind in open water hahahaha

So best out of 4 ship classes, cowards please just play CV.

Edited by Quithelion

211 posts
9,931 battles

The pattern with "bad" players in PvP, or at least in WOWS' "slow place PvP" naval warfare MM, they're afraid to get hurt and die. Very afraid, especially "bad" BB players.

Self-preservation first even if the whole team melt before them. It's shameful to see 3 healthy BB's remain before half of opposing team still remain to feast on them.

If cruisers afraid of supporting BB to secure the frontline and other miscellaneous jobs, don't play cruiser if you can't multi-task. Play sneaky DD.

If DD afraid of scouting and weave in and out to secure best torp runs, and CQB with opposing DD, don't play DD. Play CV.

lol yeah, really irritating to see a IJN BB sit at the back of map trying max range everything. the shell travel time is so long that BB will just angle his armour and a CA will avoid it completely

part of the fun for me in a BB is soaking up some damage

also if they can't multitask in a cruiser how will they do it in a CV :P

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

The pattern with "bad" players in PvP, or at least in WOWS' "slow place paced PvP" naval warfare MM, they're afraid to get hurt and die. Very afraid, especially "bad" BB players.

Now that is the Excat My kinda rage .  Tell you What , If WG nerfs or Buffs a Class ,We ususally Handle It either by Leaving it or Joining it again . 

But Please Tell me , What are u gonna DO when The Players who themselves are Playing The game , Have Become "Absolutely Shit".  Nd i do apologize For the Use of such words, but i do hope some of them Actually REad It and See what other Players from their TEam Think about Them . 

These So called Players  have Deformed and twisted The Meaning of each and every Class Of Vessel in WOW's , And i am afraid The soon to come New joinee Players are actually Following their example. 

Non stop camping ?, Torpdeo sniping ? Popping Smoke Shooting and then Running Away the Whole game ? I mean The MEaning of BB,CA,  is turned Mounted Cannons.

The only Logic these Morons Use Is They check their Max range (ex=19.1Km) .Go to 18.8 Km , Start reversing Ur ship and Shoot , ENd Of game. 

ANd i like to Report a New Stupidity To this Forums, Earlier In my games I was Playing, I needed Credits to buy My new MOGAMI, SO i got a Kamikaze which i was using for Credit grinding, I was clicking On Map TO Aska CA to cover Our Cv which Has Popped A SOS coz it Was spotted By a Destroyer !  That Stupid CV Continued to Pursue a omaha at 1200HP and left our CV to be Torpedoed By DD !! WHen i asked him how Can he be so Noob to Sacrifice our CV for 1 Kill ? He asked me to "Shut Up and Fu** O*f"  , Then He asked The team and instructed His Division Friend to Report Me Because i was "TOO NOISY"  . 

And now we know How such Doucebags have found A new Way of using the KArma system to profit thier own Nobblestic and Imbelestic Endeavors, If someone plays good no need to compliment him , but ask oneof these players "why are u camping at back? "  Protect the BB or CV , Support he CA'    .  ANd they will use the karma system to Bring U down  . 

I am not a Pro , I usually Watch RevieWS From Players on you tube and try to implement some New Things Of my own or COMBINE them.

But I have posted Some Screenshots, Of The Games in which I have single Highhandedly Rushed the Team to Victory while Most of team Has Been Camping Near base Without capping any Flags. 

Such has become the nature of game Nowadays, I was lucky I got a Win Today outta Togh Situations, Perhaps Tomorrow people  might Loose all of them , And eventually ....Well People  Will leave, And i am pretty sure I am not the Only one Felling this way  .

Well anyway ,NVM, Just expressing My disappointing in Players and a Little Rage. Apologies If my words May have sound Disrespectful.   

shot-16.01.06_10.03.04-0759.jpg

shot-16.01.05_19.48.07-0584.jpg

shot-16.01.06_10.35.20-0677.jpg

shot-16.01.06_10.40.07-0645.jpg

shot-16.01.06_19.15.40-0586.jpg

shot-16.01.06_20.38.05-0082.jpg

Edited by RANGBAZZ

124 posts

I am not a Pro , I usually Watch RevieWS From Players on you tube and try to implement some New Things Of my own or COMBINE them.

But I have posted Some Screenshots, Of The Games in which I have single Highhandedly Rushed the Team to Victory while Most of team Has Been Camping Near base Without capping any Flags. 

Such has become the nature of game Nowadays, I was lucky I got a Win Today outta Togh Situations, Perhaps Tomorrow people  might Loose all of them , And eventually ....Well People  Will leave, And i am pretty sure I am not the Only one Felling this way  .

Pro or not, that's some fine job carrying yourself and the team with the R. I couldn't do anything in my ships of choice and the team I get all the time.

Yeah, I'll quit after this ARP challenge of avoiding padding someone else's statistic.

3 posts
4,509 battles

I agree on some of the points.

And these recent ARP missions have made my life in a dd that much shorter. In a dd, I prefer taking on other dds, i try to communicate with friendly dds about my tactics, but nowadays, nobody seems to pay attention to chat, only call up when they are themselves in trouble. I agree I have bought atago murmasnk and blyskawica, but they help me in farming credits and maybe, level my IJN and Soviet commanders.

But yes, generally the quality of players have gone southside.

4 posts
1,072 battles

Always seems to be people blaming "noobs" for a lot of problems in WOWS. Remember without "noobs" to begin with this game would not nearly be as popular or fun to play, we would probably be playing against bots. Of course the quality of players has most likely dropped as the game gets more and more popular, for example since I have started playing my 11, 8 and 7 year old sons like to play the game, seems the only way to solve this issue would be to add skill level to matchmaking maybe? and stop mixing up the tiers so much.  

As a so called " noob" myself, playing WOWS now for just over a month, yes do agree something needs to be done as IMO and from what I have seen when the tiers seem to be mixed from 3 different tiers eg 6, 7 and 8s it makes players from the tier 6 have to play unorthodox to either survive or just to get a hit in especially if you have a new tier 6 with no upgrades, at times I have found myself to be the only 6 everyone else being 7s and 8s. That's when the game loses its fun for me, following around ships I can hardly keep up with and every ship is miles out of my range but I seem to be well within theirs. Also seeing a lot of team meltdowns due to this issue I call being "out tiered" IMHO.

I would like to see matchmaking to only allow battles to take place from ships of only two different tiers max, and skill level to be used in matchmaking. I think may solve a few problems or issues people are having.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Always seems to be people blaming "noobs" for a lot of problems in WOWS. Remember without "noobs" to begin with this game would not nearly be as popular or fun to play, we would probably be playing against bots. Of course the quality of players has most likely dropped as the game gets more and more popular, for example since I have started playing my 11, 8 and 7 year old sons like to play the game, seems the only way to solve this issue would be to add skill level to matchmaking maybe? and stop mixing up the tiers so much.  

As a so called " noob" myself, playing WOWS now for just over a month, yes do agree something needs to be done as IMO and from what I have seen when the tiers seem to be mixed from 3 different tiers eg 6, 7 and 8s it makes players from the tier 6 have to play unorthodox to either survive or just to get a hit in especially if you have a new tier 6 with no upgrades, at times I have found myself to be the only 6 everyone else being 7s and 8s. That's when the game loses its fun for me, following around ships I can hardly keep up with and every ship is miles out of my range but I seem to be well within theirs. Also seeing a lot of team meltdowns due to this issue I call being "out tiered" IMHO.

I would like to see matchmaking to only allow battles to take place from ships of only two different tiers max, and skill level to be used in matchmaking. I think may solve a few problems or issues people are having.

Yes, but Random battles are just that, Random. 

Ranked is ideally for skill level based matchmaking (after the initial cluster f*** and players have settled into their respective ranks)

On Oceanic based servers i feel like there is too few players to refine the match making any further.

Being a F2P game it will have its fair share of kids downloading the said "Free" game. 

Guess that is my failing expect a somewhat competitive player base that is usually found in other combat arena based games.

124 posts

I'll like to make it clear, the rant I have and by others are that there's plenty of players who prioritized their personal goal in a team based online game.

Newbies, or derogated noobs are the least of my twisted panties if they have a semblance of commitment to the team. The rant of kill missions brought out the worse inner "greed" of some of the players.

Also noobs are reserved for really lousy players. In this case in WoWS, if you can learn from your mistakes and asked for advices to improve yourself to more contribute to the team, you're not a noob, just a newbie learning the ropes. I myself are just an average player.

This is a real noobs. Note, *Not Safe For Kids*

I am interested in war history, and naval warfare interested me the most. As a personal request, you could do well to educate your kids some context of WWI/WWII naval warfare and the histories of each warship. For example, USS Johnston.

The day Johnston was commissioned, Cmdr. Evans made a speech to the crew, in which he quoted a phrase attributed to John Paul Jones: "This is going to be a fighting ship. I intend to go in harm's way, and anyone who doesn't want to go along had better get off right now."[1]

... Steaming straight for "Taffy 3" were four battleships (including Yamato), eight cruisers (two light and six heavy), and 11 destroyers. Johnston '​s gunnery officer—Lieutenant Robert C. Hagen—later reported, "We felt like little David without a slingshot." In less than a minute, Johnston was zigzagging between the six escort carriers and the Japanese fleet and putting out a smoke screen over a 2,500 yd (2,300 m) front to conceal the carriers from the enemy gunners: "Even as we began laying smoke, the Japanese started lobbing shells at us and the Johnston had to zigzag between the splashes.... We were the first destroyer to make smoke, the first to start firing, the first to launch a torpedo attack...."[2]

For the first 20 minutes, Johnston could not return fire as the enemy cruisers and battleships' heavy guns outranged Johnston '​s 5 in (130 mm) guns. Not waiting for orders, Commander Evans broke formation and went on the offensive by ordering Johnston to speed directly toward the enemy—first a line of seven destroyers, next one light and three heavy cruisers, then the four battleships. To the east appeared three other cruisers and several destroyers.

Some time into the battle, a Japanese battleship, the Kongō, fired two rounds from her main cannons. One round punched through the thin side armor of the Johnston and cut a hole through the engine room. Her speed was cut in half. The enemy ships closed in for an easy kill, pouring fire into the crippled destroyer. Johnston took a hit which knocked out one forward gun and damaged another, and her bridge was rendered untenable by fires and explosions resulting from a hit in her 40 mm ready ammunition locker. Evans—who had shifted his command to Johnston '​s fantail—was yelling orders through an open hatch to men turning her rudder by hand. Crewmen from the destroyer escort Samuel B. Roberts spotted Evans at the fantail, asking "isn't that their captain", waving to them with what they did not realize was his only good hand.

At one of her batteries, a crewman kept calling "More shells! More shells!"[2] Still the destroyer battled to keep the Japanese destroyers and cruisers from reaching the five surviving American carriers: "We were now in a position where all the gallantry and guts in the world couldn't save us, but we figured that help for the carrier must be on the way, and every minute's delay might count.... By 9:30 we were going dead in the water; even the Japanese couldn't miss us. They made a sort of running semicircle around our ship, shooting at us like a bunch of Indians attacking a prairie schooner. Our lone engine and fire room was knocked out; we lost all power, and even the indomitable skipper knew we were finished. At 9:45 he gave the saddest order a captain can give: 'Abandon Ship.'... At 10:10 Johnston rolled over and began to sink. A Japanese destroyer came up to 1,000 yards and pumped a final shot into her to make sure she went down. A survivor saw the Japanese captain salute her as she went down. That was the end of Johnston."[2]

So, don't just play WoWS for shooting-in-the-face's sake, though that's what I think WG'll want to how make some money.

Regarding tiers, when matched into higher tiers, I could only do best to support instead of being the frontliners.

Sign in to follow this