Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Strange happenings this patch

26 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

In my Tirpitz, and enemy cv sends 2 torp squadrons at me, there is approx 500m of water between my hull and an island that offers his planes the best angle of a my perfect broadside to drop torps. 

He flies in, my AA shoots down nothing, he manually drops torps in the small section of water between island and my hull with his 2 squads of planes, I'm already turning, but out of the mist....

THREE (3) torps all on top of eachother, with literally zero gap, they are actually on top of eachother, but I am able to see 3 triangles.... smash into me, in the same spot on hull..GG.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Another strange happening lately, my ryujo 3 squads of fighters get strafed by 1 enemy squad.

The enemy squad freeezes, then jumps, like a lag effect, or time jumping, firing down their designated path, my fighters aren't even in the path. All my fighters blow up, and I'm promptly told I've just lost 3 sqaudrons LOL. He lost nothing, not a single plane.

Is there possibly a "broken" issue with fighter strafing?. I'd say so. This has happened a few times now.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

no i never looked up how to enable replays, and it sounded very complicated for this computer noob.

but the three torps in the water on almost on top of each other really has me scratching my head.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

no i never looked up how to enable replays, and it sounded very complicated for this computer noob.

but the three torps in the water on almost on top of each other really has me scratching my head.

But its impossible for us to prove that what you said actually happened at all...

460 posts
8,321 battles

I think the torpedo thing happens when the CV player auto-drops at a weird angle. The planes adjust to make the torpedoes head to the target anyway and you get something out of the ordinary.

That fighter issue sounds like network lag/packet loss caused you to miss seeing the results of the strafing run properly. I've seen it too where the icon for the planes appears in a different location to where they actually are, the jump is when the game catches up and starts to display them properly again.

They buffed strafing at some point to make it a useful strategy as before no-one did it because it used to be ineffective. I'd suggest trying different a strategy and getting out of the path if you suspect a strafing run. Once I shot down 13 planes with one squad and one strafe cause the enemy CVs grouped their fighters together.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

I think the torpedo thing happens when the CV player auto-drops at a weird angle. The planes adjust to make the torpedoes head to the target anyway and you get something out of the ordinary.

That fighter issue sounds like network lag/packet loss caused you to miss seeing the results of the strafing run properly. I've seen it too where the icon for the planes appears in a different location to where they actually are, the jump is when the game catches up and starts to display them properly again.

They buffed strafing at some point to make it a useful strategy as before no-one did it because it used to be ineffective. I'd suggest trying different a strategy and getting out of the path if you suspect a strafing run. Once I shot down 13 planes with one squad and one strafe cause the enemy CVs grouped their fighters together.

But we're only speculating what we think happened... We don't have all the details unfortunately 

55 posts
1,095 battles

But its impossible for us to prove that what you said actually happened at all...

Its called trusting your fellow human That none of you seem to be able to do Far out why would we come here to post it If it did not h appen What a shit world we live in

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Its called trusting your fellow human That none of you seem to be able to do Far out why would we come here to post it If it did not h appen What a shit world we live in

ahh going around and spreading your saltiness eh? 

460 posts
8,321 battles

Yeah we're only speculating, but better that than offering no ideas or advice what-so-ever. I understand why people aren't keen to fiddle with the config files to enable replays, or even why they might not want to post one.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Yeah we're only speculating, but better that than offering no ideas or advice what-so-ever. I understand why people aren't keen to fiddle with the config files to enable replays, or even why they might not want to post one.

It is something they should really address.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

I do agree that there should be a button somebody can press in the options that enables replays already. A lot of strange happenings and things can be proven by just watching a replay. Just because you say something happened, doesn't mean it did.

The torpedo thing sounds like what happens when the AI uses CV planes in co op mode, they drop in some very weird angle and very close to one another, but once again we don't KNOW how it works because you haven't provided a replay.

as for the fighter strafe thing more likely packet loss because if you freeze in place or your planes freeze in space it is your internet choking not the game, not hackers, not some aliens controlling your PC, just your net being derp lol.

575 posts
5,354 battles

No, I've actually seen this happen myself to another ship after I was sunk. 2 Torpedo squadrons 3 torpedoes in a line for a total of 18 hitting a BB. I have it on replay, if mods/dev they want it, they can have it. But this is happening.
Edited by RebelliousYankee

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

No, I've actually seen this happen myself to another ship after I was sunk. 2 Torpedo squadrons 3 torpedoes in a line for a total of 18 hitting a BB. I have it on replay, if mods/dev they want it, they can have it. But this is happening.

​upload it please 

248 posts

it gets easy to dismiss people for not being nerds.

he told you a story, not as to provide proof that it happened,

but to ask if other people had similar issues,

so as to ascertain whether there is a problem,

or to maybe get an answer from someone who knows what is happening

[it might be something quite benign like torpedoes travel at different depths when dropped in teams]

i realise a lot of you take this game seriously

but some of us have a life.

i myself play the game, and am too busy to ever sit around watching replays.

i have a full time business to run. make a button that says "reply"

or start giving people some basic respect before you call them a liar.

you know "what happened" because he told you.

if you don't know the answer then ask for more info,

or say "that's weird, i don't know"

but please don't cast doubt on whether it happened.

it just looks snobby and pretentious

Edited by fuzzjunky

280 posts
3,514 battles

every game has a bug or something

why not leave that to hyuuga to fix the bug?

and also german AA guns seems UP for me which grinds my gears

Edited by Vorshlaghammer666

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

THREE (3) torps all on top of eachother, with literally zero gap, they are actually on top of eachother, but I am able to see 3 triangles.... smash into me, in the same spot on hull..GG.

Sounds like what used to happen some time ago when the CV auto-dropped torpedoes while the target made a fast turn at just the right time.

Haven't seen this happen for months though.

Another strange happening lately, my ryujo 3 squads of fighters get strafed by 1 enemy squad.

The enemy squad freeezes, then jumps, like a lag effect, or time jumping, firing down their designated path, my fighters aren't even in the path. All my fighters blow up, and I'm promptly told I've just lost 3 sqaudrons LOL. He lost nothing, not a single plane.

Is there possibly a "broken" issue with fighter strafing?. I'd say so. This has happened a few times now.

Haven't seen anything like this, could just be a lag on your end, or maybe you flew above an CA with it's AA ability while dodging the fighters.

I know right?

I keep telling people that I'm an arabic sheik and want to send them money, so I ask for their bank data, including pins and secret questions,

but nobody wants my free money. :(

it gets easy to dismiss people for not being nerds.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

If the Devs/Mods want it, I'll give it to them.

I ain't trying to be arrogant here, but me and Deathskyz can pass it along to the dev/mods for you (Retia too).... Or at least put the thread into a section where it will face a higher chance of a dev seeing it. Because I will tell you now it is much less likely for a dev to approach you personally asking for a specific replay file.

But it really is up to you how you want to act, if you want the help we can help, but if you don't want to cooperate that is your issue.

I am a nigerian prince and I have come to inform you that inherited approximately $1.3million USD from our benefactor in Nigeria, Africa

Please be posting your pin code, bank account details and BSB along with address, country and name and I will wire transfer your inheritance within 2 weeks time.

Thank

Edited by iLordShade

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

had the multiple torp thing happen again today. 

this time 1 squadron drops torps close to hull (must have been manually), and 2 of the torps are literally on top of eachother, and of course they are the ones that are in line with my hull. 

3 torps was all it took to ruin my tirpitz from 100% health, after an epic fight. 1). tirpitz aa with full upgrades still sucks, as does the catapult fighter (you launch it, it dies end of story) lol. 2). when you get tier 9 and 10 cv's, welcome to world of warplanes.

575 posts
5,354 battles

had the multiple torp thing happen again today. 

this time 1 squadron drops torps close to hull (must have been manually), and 2 of the torps are literally on top of eachother, and of course they are the ones that are in line with my hull. 

3 torps was all it took to ruin my tirpitz from 100% health, after an epic fight. 1). tirpitz aa with full upgrades still sucks, as does the catapult fighter (you launch it, it dies end of story) lol. 2). when you get tier 9 and 10 cv's, welcome to world of warplanes.

Yeah it's funny how the Bismarck and Tirpitz both were immune to torpedoes because of their design that specifically neutered their affect. In this game the Tirpitz will pop like broken bottle when torpedoes hit its hull. Guess they have to rewrite naval warfare history so the DD spammers and CV torpedo spammers can earn their XP and Credz....And now with a nerfed rudder reaction time it's all the more easier for those that cannot learn how to hit a moving target or predict its course, speed, and heading without help from the developers. :trollface:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

If the Devs/Mods want it, I'll give it to them.

You really ought to give it to Deathskyz, he's got a better eye for this and understands what's going on. 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yeah ive seen this happen as well.

CV players gets his torp bombers together as one big group and drops torps at same time and thus u get torps on top of each other.

Sign in to follow this