Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Umberto_Schnapp

Lack of CVs

12 comments in this topic

122 posts
14,823 battles

Now that there is a severe shortage of AA targets these ( I feel your pain CV Drivers )  days. Praps WG could come up with  an option where i can dry dock my Cleveland and swap out all that useless AA for ....Say....A dozen 68 knot 12 k Torps? That'd pretty much match the spider web infested AA i have right now. =D

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,921 battles

Now that there is a severe shortage of AA targets these ( I feel your pain CV Drivers )  days. Praps WG could come up with  an option where i can dry dock my Cleveland and swap out all that useless AA for ....Say....A dozen 68 knot 12 k Torps? That'd pretty much match the spider web infested AA i have right now. =D

What lack of CVS ??

T 5-8 have seen on many occasions two CVS - must be doing the Japanese carrier mission 

122 posts
14,823 battles

What lack of CVS ??

T 5-8 have seen on many occasions two CVS - must be doing the Japanese carrier mission 

Funnily enough.....The 2nd game after posting i did manage to bag 11 planes. Praps patience is a virtue? :look:

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

As USN and IJN's CV player, those CA & BB AA are OP. Try to do bomber routine, you will comeback with half of your squadron, before even release the bomb or torpedo.

Second, the AF's barrage are killing the fun. 1 unit could wipe anything on their path, don't care how much unit in it. If there 10 unit, those 10 unit could be killed by a single barrage with only use 2 ammo slot. RIDICULOUS.

Are they using Laser Cannon Air Fighter in WW2 ? Barrage is a Bull-T-Shirt.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I made the mistake of logging in for a few battles before I gave up again; seems remarkable there are that many people out there who can be playing tiers 6-7 and have absolutely no [redacted] idea how their ship is best used, or how to focus on the victory conditions, yet there they were in every battle, on my side (my favourite was the ~840 base exp I got in tier 5 where we lost ~1,000>70 points with me as the last alive and the next best exp on my side being 430). 

One thing I did notice in my tier 4-6 battles was that there were 2 CVs in nearly every one I played (about 5 I think). As I recall, the only one without 2 CVs had 1.

So if you're not seeing CVs it doesn't mean nobody else is. I had to spend most of my time dodging/trying to deal with planes. World of Air Pollution again. If I wanted that, I'd go play a flight sim.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

CV population estimates

Tier 4 - 5 = Plentiful

Tier 5 - 6 = Above Average

Tier 7 - 8 = Below Average to Rare (you mostly get tier 6 ones who have been uptiered to fight tier 8s, which is silly because the planes they have just get mulched)

Tier 9 - 10 = Extremely rare to non existant (though the ones that do show up are extremely good and can carry entire teams by themselves..) 

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Funnily enough, its not too bad a thing at times, players often get complacent and don't do squat when i send a attacks on their precious ships. they often underestimate the power of a well placed torpedo attack. In saying that I do miss the days where I shot down 40-50 planes with my USS New Orleans from 2 tier 8-9 CV's swarming a single tier 10 CV

29 posts

CV population estimates

Tier 4 - 5 = Plentiful

Tier 5 - 6 = Above Average

Tier 7 - 8 = Below Average to Rare (you mostly get tier 6 ones who have been uptiered to fight tier 8s, which is silly because the planes they have just get mulched)

Tier 9 - 10 = Extremely rare to non existant (though the ones that do show up are extremely good and can carry entire teams by themselves..) 

I usually hang around T4-T5 , i say there are alot of them such as having one per team in one match .However , the possibility of cv being present in the team is low .

Sign in to follow this