Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
zootopia

Tips vs USN fighters?

11 comments in this topic

4 posts
134 battles

I'm new to carrier gameplay (IJN) and while I'm having a blast nuking ships with torps, there are times that I effectively become a sitting duck on the sight of a US CV. Not screaming OP because I've done some evasion and kiting from US fighters, but when they catch me, they annihilate my fighter squadron in less than a second. Much help regarding IJN carrier playstyle would be appreciated. TIA.

PS Maxed out Hosho.

Edited by zootopia

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Someone summed it up very aptly:

Your fighters, if going up against USN fighters, are there to simply deny the enemy carrier player air superiority so that he does not walk all over your dive bombers and torpedo bombers.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

If you see a USN fighter squadron headed to your fighter squadron, hit the fighter mass fire manual attack.

This...

Another trick is to only engage the USN fighter when he's above any decent Allied AA ship.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

As a primarily USN CV player,  I know IJN fighters will always usually lose on a 1 on 1 dogfight, even if its a damaged USN squad of 4 planes vs 4 IJN planes

The only ways to beat USN fighters is to outnumber the USN squads by having at least 2 IJN squads face 1 USN squad (8 vs 6)

Always focus down one squadron at a time

or 

Have your planes fly over friendly ships with good AA, in saying that, even DD's with poor AA are better than nothing

Edited by Blitzkreig95

4 posts
134 battles

If you see a USN fighter squadron headed to your fighter squadron, hit the fighter mass fire manual attack.

The Alt+Left Click method? 

Thanks guys btw.

280 posts
3,514 battles

why not joining your 2 fighter squads to make it even and also the machinegun barrage doesnt work everytime because the enemy fighters also know if youre using it

so they will dodge and flies in your tails and you are doomed

i also use that barrage in my bogue which is super effective but i dont use it when enemy fighter squad is coming to you

Sign in to follow this