Sign in to follow this  
Victoriana

Need advice(s) on how to handle Izumo...

19 comments in this topic

39 posts
4,287 battles

Ok, so I seen this many places, but I just cannot understand how to handle this ship... I read through many battleship guides, aim guide, and have a decent understanding on all the game mechanics. I mean it's accuracy is poor/troll, turn sluggish, and huge surface deck area... It's AAs aren't impressive if you get match up with tier IX/X aircraft carriers (which I do 80% of the games). Sluggish and huge hull with 'meh' AAs means you are vulnerable to all air-drop attacks. And again, since I got matched in Tier IX/X, Yamato, Shimakaze, and both nations' carrier are common, which means sky is full of flies and sea is full of torpedoes. Considering the above Cons, how can I improve my survivability in this hell?

*I have Hull (B) and upgraded Gun firing control. I really I wish I was doing something wrong so I can improve, else it will be a long and painful grind toward Yamato...

Feel free to give any advice, Thx and have a Merry Christmas!

Edited by Victoriana

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,817 battles

I just got my Izumo and I love it.

So far my playstyle has been.

Sail with at least 1 other BB and 1 other CA.

Go full speed to wherever you please or where you think you will be useful.

Once you enter combat range drop speed to 1/2 or 1/4.

Dont bother with the 3rd gun, stay angled because the Izumo has a Riot Shield at the front.

You point your Riot Shield at the enemy and charge. So that the enemy shits themselves and screws up their aim (This is why you need at least 1 BB and 1 CA to help cover your flanks)

Your 3rd gun can be used to shoot another target thats not the main target to your immediate front.

39 posts
4,287 battles

Hmm... that's an interesting strategy, but aren't you worry about the torpedoes? plus you don't always get a BB and CA next to you, it's random battle after all. I like that motto though. "To whom it may concern" xD

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,817 battles

Hmm... that's an interesting strategy, but aren't you worry about the torpedoes? plus you don't always get a BB and CA next to you, it's random battle after all. I like that motto though. "To whom it may concern" xD

You keep a respectable distance from the enemy.

Izumo has horrible turn time, you arent going to dodge torpedoes. As you learnt in your Amagi.

Edited by Deathskyz

39 posts
4,287 battles

You keep a respectable distance from the enemy.

Izumo has horrible turn time, you arent going to dodge torpedoes. As you learnt in your Amagi.

So sad, this hull make it impossible to evade all torpedoes even those torpedo plane's, but thx for your advice

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,817 battles

So sad, this hull make it impossible to evade all torpedoes even those torpedo plane's, but thx for your advice

Get used to it sadly... All the BBs at that tier cant really dodge torpedoes.

So you need to plan your course accordingly.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

This gonna be long :hmm:

upgrading gun fire control first is not a wise idea u know.:fishpalm:

when i was in my izumo.

i put every free exp i got to unlock the 3rd hull ASAP

why?

Hull A is total maso hull. shes suck at hull A. sluggish rudder. mediocore AA, dull AP shell.

B hull gives her a little bit more AA, also sharpen her dull AP shell, but she still slugish

C hull gives u almost everything u need

AA power, 2ndary power, rudder shift, sharp AP. extra 2k hp.

izumo AA/2ndary power at hull C is almost near to yamato lvl,

also at hull C. her rudder down from 26 second to 19 second (wow BB nerf, it used to 23s at hull A/B and 16 second at hull C)

even tough she still slugish due recent rudder nerf to BB, but atleast she can start to dance now. 

after u got C hull, u can start to grind for gfcs/engine

now for module upgrade,

i'd recommend : main bat durability upgrade at 125k slot, accuracy upgrade at 500k slot, and either -fire/floood time or rudder at 1mil slot. other slot are optional, get them if u have many credit to spare

her dispersion with accuracy upgrade is not bad. i even did killing an essex from 22kilo(spotter sniping) with her, (2 cits+2 normal hit) 

with basic survivability+fire/flood time reduction upgrade. izumo just need only to hold fire for around 30-40 sec.

but with recent rudder nerf,rudder upgrade seems more appealing, it can bring down her rudder to around 16sec (her old C hull rudder)

and i can assure u. with that 16s rudder. she doesnt feel sluggish at all.

ok now for the gameplay.

just like what deathskyz said. izumo got bloody thick armor at her front, give them your noose, and u are virtually immune to AP shell, they just can do a little scrath to u. and will force them to find other target or switch to HE shell.

when there are some enemy at ur front, sail at 1/2 or 1/4 speed with showing ur noose, it will prevent them to deal masive dmage to u.

just use ur 2 front turrets. and think of ur 3rd turret as an situational armanent (like torps on CA). use ur 3rd turret to shoot the enemy that slightly in ur side while ur noose keep pointing to the hard hitting enemy.

when there are many enemy at ur front and u are forced to retreat. dont freet. even tough all her turrets are at front. she can still shoot to her back without problem. her 2nd and 3rd turrets has very sharp angle to her back, just a little angle then u can shoot the 2nd and 3rd turret to her back. rudder at hull C really help her swinging her ass. to enable her shoot and dodge while retreating

and if u are thinking about credit sink. every tier 9-10 are credit sink ship (except a CV if u let her do her way alone).

but if u wonder about break even cost for repairing, ur target is around 80k damage. with that damage u will only lost a tiny amout of credit each match that can easily covered with a bad match result with tier 4 or 5. if u are a premium account user, that 80k damage can even net u some profit. now. how to get that 80k damage? think. . .

Edited by ReNation

39 posts
4,287 battles

Interesting, I did not notice that 5 sec decrease in rudder shift time of Hull ©, it only shows increase in AA power and armaments. Well, I'll look forward to grind that one now, as for 80k damage...  :/ 

Thx for the tips! :>

Edited by Victoriana

39 posts
4,287 battles

Accuracy is my problem, I struggle to achieve citadel hit with this ship, and are you sure Hull C increase AP penetration? I'll be grateful because right now my plunging fire doesn't even do damage, they just all bounce off... :ohmy:

Super Tester
1,310 posts

almost all IJN BB got secret/hidden gun upgrade in the hull upgrade.

Kongo got pen power and rof buff in hull B/C

fuso got range and rof upgrade

nagato-izumo got pen power in the hull B/C

yamato?? shes called yamato for a reasons 

mid range (10-15 kilos) plugging fire doesnt work with this ship. tier 9-10 BB has thick deck armor that only 460mm from yamato can easily pen it. in 18 kilos++ u might get it with rare chance 

but in 10-15 kilos. u can cit if u hit the flat side  hull.

also be carefull with mid range AP plugging fire from enemy ship

from my experience

enemy's AP shell hit ur conning tower. then bounching off to ur 2nd or 3rd turrent and penetrate it (mostly 3rd turret) continual penetrating to ur turret will cause the perma broken turret. ( my 3rd turrets broken in 1 every 3or4 games:fishpalm:) lol  :teethhappy:

Edited by ReNation

39 posts
4,287 battles

mid range (10-15 kilos) plugging fire doesnt work with this ship. tier 9-10 BB has thick deck armor that only 460mm from yamato can easily pen it. in 18 kilos++ u might get it with rare chance 

but in 10-15 kilos. u can cit if u hit the flat side  hull.

also be carefull with mid range AP plugging fire from enemy ship

from my experience

enemy's AP shell hit ur conning tower. then bounching off to ur 2nd or 3rd turrent and penetrate it (mostly 3rd turret) continual penetrating to ur turret will cause the perma broken turret. ( my 3rd turrets broken in 1 every 3or4 games:fishpalm:) lol  :teethhappy:

ahaha, I see:teethhappy:

Super Tester
1,310 posts

she has the highest rate of broken turret from all of IJN BB

KOtnjjq.jpg

t9 BB is the last BB that u can play with "For Fun" in ur mind.

u can brawl with anyother top tier ship without scared being scratched, coz the credit sink is not really that hurt. 

in tier 10, if u dont play good, even if u still floating, even if u win, u can still bleed credits.

Edited by ReNation

39 posts
4,287 battles

hahaha, glad I got main battery modification on, and yea I'm know the credit bleeds in tier 10.

dat photo though... and which mod are you using? :look:

[-JSF-]
[-JSF-]
38 posts
5,342 battles

I've tried the angling tactic and that still doesn't do much. For me, it seems the enemy's shells always make it through the deck armor or even the angled hull armor, even if I'm either going at 1/2 or full speed. I've lost 70% of all matches in this ship, even fully upgraded it still isn't good. It's barely playable. The only good thing about this ship is it's AA defense, but then again not every tier IX / X match has a carrier so... it ends up being worthless. I just don't know with this ship, it seems like a lost hope and more about getting people grinding to the Yamato to spend $$ to get doubloons to free XP it to the almighty Yamato.

39 posts
4,287 battles

uhh..  thx for the skin site, :great:

that 'riot shield facing toward enemies' tactic works for me, that front armour is indeed amazing and bounce 90% of the shells, nothing is more satisfied when they all missed their shots after speed dropped and reversed. Hull C is a must, that accuracy buff is just too crucial to do good in one game, thx for all the advices, now I can comfortably grind towards yammy !

39 posts
4,287 battles

I've tried the angling tactic and that still doesn't do much. For me, it seems the enemy's shells always make it through the deck armor or even the angled hull armor, even if I'm either going at 1/2 or full speed. I've lost 70% of all matches in this ship, even fully upgraded it still isn't good. It's barely playable. The only good thing about this ship is it's AA defense, but then again not every tier IX / X match has a carrier so... it ends up being worthless. I just don't know with this ship, it seems like a lost hope and more about getting people grinding to the Yamato to spend $$ to get doubloons to free XP it to the almighty Yamato.

I dunno, you probably got penetrated by tier 10 AP... normally when I point towards enemy, they just loss their appetite and find someone else to shoot at :trollface:

[-JSF-]
[-JSF-]
38 posts
5,342 battles

I dunno, you probably got penetrated by tier 10 AP... normally when I point towards enemy, they just loss their appetite and find someone else to shoot at :trollface:

actually no

got penned multiple times against Amagi, then a north carolina, an Iowa.....  with hull directly pointed at them. well I don't have the luxury of that 

seriously though, this ship does not deserve to be tier 9, more likely to be at tier 8

Sign in to follow this