Sign in to follow this  
spider4929

Did AA guns become too OP?

5 comments in this topic

33 posts
2,895 battles

Is it just me or AA guns just got too powerful? I constantly lose 2-3 planes per attack in my TB in the Bogue (I'm in stock right now). In the previous patches, the TB of my Langley can attack BBs with good AA and return with at most two plane shot down but now planes get shot down way too often. This is annoying because I lose all of my planes in my Bogue in less than 10 minutes. What's your opinion on this captains?

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

More like the ships previously (tier 4) was like whats all this plane nonsense?

Whereas at tier 5 they learnt hey, planes actually hurt and started adding AA guns to their ships.

So there OPness of the AA guns isnt because they are actually OP, its just that tier 4 has no AA whatsoever but at tier 5 you fight ships that actually have some form of AA capabilities.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

First, as Deathskyz said, under Tier 4, look how AA statistic of each ship. It's very low, so you won't notice about AA real capability. Some DD don't have AA at all.

Second, as you pass Tier 6, many players already reach Commander skill to increase AA effectiveness, Upgrade their AA modules, and buy upgrade slot to increase AA strength.

7 posts
6,611 battles

You need to look at the loading screen and check which ships have upgraded AA and target ships without upgraded AA. Some BBs go for range upgrades and some go for AA. A fully  north Carolina is 90+ with a fighter, Wipes out any attacking Dive Bombers of same tier or lower. 

Sign in to follow this