You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
T050189

Remove 2/0/1 Bogue

16 comments in this topic

621 posts
2,289 battles

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I think that the 2-fighter Bogue loadout should be removed from the game.

The Mk. 5 Mod. 3 Flight control mod for the Bogue gives the Bogue 2 squadrons of fighters, with 6 planes each, at the expense of losing most of its Anti-surface ability.

Perhaps, in technical terms, it is balanced. Trading its strike capability for unparalleled air supremacy may seem like a good idea on paper, but in-game it's just pure hell for anyone on the receiving end. This does not mean it is overpowered. 

However, the Bogue's fighter loadout sucks the fun out of the game for the enemy CV, since he won't be able to do much to contribute to the battle. As a Zuihou player myself, I've managed to have fun most of the times, whether it be against another Zuihou, a non-fighter Bogue, or what have ye. But the moment I see those two six-fighter squadrons, I have to resist the urge to just torpedo myself and quit the game for the rest of the day.

I've tried just about every trick that I've found.

Hiding away from his fighters - He gets over in a matter of seconds and rips me apart. Or he just camps on top of my carrier and waits for planes to return or take off.

Strafing? Leaves him with 8 or 9 of his fighters if I even manage to get them in the same bearing. I'll still loose all my planes.

Pre-emptive strike? Even with a full 5-6 torpedo hit he'll survive and proceed to crap on my planes.

I'm fine with the regular Bogue, but fighter Bogues are just hell.

"But Fighter Bogues don't even get that much xp!"

That doesn't mean that they don't ruin the fun. It just means that they're ruining the experience for both themselves and the opponent.

Seriously though, it'd be nice if this flight mod could be removed. Bogue by default already has 6 fighters vs Zuihou's 4. Is a fighter force triple the size of the opponent's really necessary?

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

So when they will nerf again usn cv then other people will cry out that ijn was op again since usn fighter wont be able to kill all tp and db of ijn, i've got enough of nerf loop. Its always do since beta so please let the dev decide

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I think that the 3-fighter Ryujo loadout should be removed from the game.

The Type. 6 Mod. 3 Flight control mod for the Ryujo gives the Ryujo 3 squadrons of fighters, with 4+ planes each, at the expense of losing most of its Anti-surface ability.

Perhaps, in technical terms, it is balanced. Trading its strike capability for unparalleled air supremacy may seem like a good idea on paper, but in-game it's just pure hell for anyone on the receiving end. This does not mean it is overpowered. 

However, the Ryujo's fighter loadout sucks the fun out of the game for the enemy CV, since he won't be able to do much to contribute to the battle. As an Independence player myself, I've managed to have fun most of the times, whether it be against another Independence, a non-fighter Ryujo, or what have ye. But the moment I see those 3x 4+-fighter squadrons, I have to resist the urge to just torpedo myself and quit the game for the rest of the day.

I've tried just about every trick that I've found.

Hiding away from his fighters - He gets over in a matter of seconds and rips me apart. Or he just camps on top of my carrier and waits for planes to return or take off.

Strafing? Leaves him with 8 or 9 of his fighters if I even manage to get them in the same bearing. I'll still loose all my planes.

Pre-emptive strike? Even with a full 5-6 torpedo hit he'll survive and proceed to crap on my planes.

I'm fine with the regular Ryujo, but fighter Ryujo's are just hell.

"But Fighter Ryujo's don't even get that much xp!"

That doesn't mean that they don't ruin the fun. It just means that they're ruining the experience for both themselves and the opponent.

Seriously though, it'd be nice if this flight mod could be removed. Ryujo by default already has 4 fighters vs Independence 6. Is a fighter force triple the size of the opponent's really necessary?

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

Nice,can we remove the fighter load out for all CV too?Its  unfair,bias and pathetic for the Bogue being the only CV that have its  fighter load out removed,what about the other CV?Why can the other CV still retain their fighter load out?

621 posts
2,289 battles

So when they will nerf again usn cv then other people will cry out that ijn was op again since usn fighter wont be able to kill all tp and db of ijn, i've got enough of nerf loop. Its always do since beta so please let the dev decide

Nice,can we remove the fighter load out for all CV too?Its  unfair,bias and pathetic for the Bogue being the only CV that have its  fighter load out removed,what about the other CV?Why can the other CV still retain their fighter load out?

Zuihou doesn't have a fighter loadout. 

Bogue can easily destroy Zuihou's air wing as it is with one squadron of fighters as long as the player plays properly. The Zuihou, at least, stands a chance. 

But 12 fighters against 4?

That's unfair.

621 posts
2,289 battles

Who said anything about fair ? Learn and adapt

I do not claim to be the best CV player. I know I've got ways to go and things to learn in the game, and I've tried to adapt. I've found ways to improve on my gameplay and make life easier for myself, but right now I still haven't found a way to adapt to a 2 fighter Bogue situation.

If you have some sort of tactic or gameplay mentality that allows you to cope with it, then by all means tell me. I'd greatly appreciate it.

If not, however, how can you expect one to adapt when you yourself don't know how to? 

I don't want to sound all uppity and whatnot. If there was a way to "deal with it", then I'd gladly take that path if I knew. Out of all the times I've been told to "deal with it", however, no one has told me how.

334 posts
13,028 battles

Ok Number one it's just a game don't stress over it.

There will always be situations you can't win like being a big old bb target for torpedo bombers.

When done right is nothing a bb can do against a cv player who knows what he is doing except suck up the damage.

Maybe you need to hang back in more of a support role keep your planes around friendly cruisers look for targets of opportunity

Maybe just use your planes as spotters for your teammates and light up enemy ships

You can't always expect to win

I have a Bogue with a fighter loadout because I suck at torpedo bombers but to be honest I loose all my planes usually well before the end of the game

and then I am just a target for some sneaky dd which I can't outrun outgun or outmaneuver

280 posts
3,514 battles

why people likes to get us carriers nerfed with no good reason!

but seriously PEMDAS its cool to oblitirate all aircrafts in a game! but less xp gained tho so im not happy or sad

and there should be 1/1/1? of it to balance the bogue and for comfortable reason

maybe they just want the 1/1/1 to oblitirate aircraft and ships.. and we should be able to control the defensive artillery! like cruisers

101 posts
1,247 battles

As an IJN CV player, I find it annoying when its 2 Japanese CVs vs 2 USN CVs, because you know that they already have a slight handicap Aircraft-wise. Having 3x the amount of planes in the air just makes playing the IJN CV line hell. Especially with the ARP missions included. It just made me stick to destroyers for these missions. I understand each country has their advantages and disadvantages, but in terms of game-play, I believe this is one of the more obvious, and game-changing ones. Hosho Hosho vs Langley Langley games were already a pain to sit through.

51 posts
7,121 battles

Did the ARP mission solely with Zuiho. Proper timing of Fighter Strafing did the trick. o/

If there's anything they should fix (well let's admit, the CV as a whole is a mess), it's the fighter strafing system. It's bugged for some reason o.o

If you start out the CV class by playing IJN, you really will feel the US air supremacy. Honestly, that's their only defense against the more alpha-powerful torpedoes and dive bombs (If I'm not mistaken). I myself complain In Game once a USN CV spams fighter barrage/strafing run on my squadrons. The only thing so far I've seen that takes the US fighters down are overwhelming numbers of IJN fighter squads and/or Ship AA.

621 posts
2,289 battles

Did the ARP mission solely with Zuiho. Proper timing of Fighter Strafing did the trick. o/

If there's anything they should fix (well let's admit, the CV as a whole is a mess), it's the fighter strafing system. It's bugged for some reason o.o

If you start out the CV class by playing IJN, you really will feel the US air supremacy. Honestly, that's their only defense against the more alpha-powerful torpedoes and dive bombs (If I'm not mistaken). I myself complain In Game once a USN CV spams fighter barrage/strafing run on my squadrons. The only thing so far I've seen that takes the US fighters down are overwhelming numbers of IJN fighter squads and/or Ship AA.

I've had USN fighters camp on my carrier for half a match before, not surprised :(