You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dead_man_walking

[CONTEST] What's love got to do with it?

30 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

In the words of the immortal and devine Tina Turner – what’s love got to do with it?

Ahoy there Captains,

It is time to show how much you love your community.

Be creative, be inventive, be in love with the World of Warships Asia Community!

Be it song, prose, drawing, painting, modelling, graphic art, modern art (just make it art huh?) – show your appreciation of 

your community.  (yes screen shots, video caps etc are allowed)

And wait there’s more.  For the top 7 entries as adjudicated on by wargaming.net Asia staff there are 

a some gifts:

1st Prize:Marblehead (with port slot) *update - Conan has graciously added in a custom forum title for 1st place

2nd Prize: 1200 Doubloons

3nd Prize: 900 Doubloons

4rd Prize: 600 Doubloons

5th Prize: 300 Doubloons

6th Prize: 100 Doubloons

7th Prize: 100 Doubloons

You have until 12 Feb 2016 to get your entries in as replies to this thread.

Rules:

* 1 entry per player

* Entry must be original work

Participants MUST have an active World of Warships Asia account in order to receive the prize

* There are no Edits allowed, once posted, that is your final post

* Judges decision is final

Note:

Please note that this is a Moderator run contest, the two judges are dead_man_walking and lengxv6 with one WG employee assisting (who could it be?). WarGaming.net is the sponsor for all prizes. All prizes will be allocated into players accounts with in 14 days of Competition Close. 

Contest closed - winners will be announced in due course

Official list of winners:-

1. MeloMelonSoda - Marblehead (+port slot)

2. Retia - 1200 Doubloons

3. Ryusuke_ShireiKan - 900 Doubloons

4. Evyl - 600 Doubloons

5. AntiFowlAwl - 300 Doubloons

6. Mikenzb - 100 Doubloons

7. Ninajiim - 100 Doubloons

Big thanks to Ironguard for being our WG Official (and the person who organises the prizes)

~lengxv6, Dead_Man_Walking

Edited by lengxv6

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

WHAT IS LOVE

Guessing you missed the bit in the rules about once you post, that is is you first and final chance in the competition?

We would like to thank you for your entry!!

621 posts
2,277 battles

Guessing you missed the bit in the rules about once you post, that is is you first and final chance in the competition?

We would like to thank you for your entry!!

D: No 

Was just joking :c

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Rightio, here's my attempt...

There is a game we all like to play,

World of Warships, I do it all day.

You take out a ship,

Try not to get hit,

And see incoming torpedoes, you prey.

There's a game mode called domination,

Where you have to be particularly brazen.

The ships all have races 

To cap out the bases

And the losers get severely chastened.

I once played a battle in my cruiser,

The enemy, I could out-maneuver.

'Till I came across some smoke,

And in it was a bloke

Who was a terrible torpedo abuser.

There also was a guy in a Kuma,

Who thought he was sly as a puma.

He went out to sea,

Caught fire from HE,

And his enemies all said hallelujah.

Another guy sailed out in a Fletcher,

Looking for a great adventure.

He came across some cruisers,

And they were all bruisers,

So they carried him home on a stretcher.

I once was hit by torpedo spam,

It smashed my battleship, WHAM!

It was such a setback,

I had a heart attack,

And now I'm on electrocardiogram.

Thank you.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

SHIP! looks like my work is deformed. but you can right click and open image in new tab for the correct proportion. an my pen name in comic is wrong spelled too, too late to edit now -.- 

Edited by Ryusuke_ShireiKan

101 posts
1,247 battles

I call it Tik DOCK, a PARODY of Ke$ha's Tik Tok
Original song is found here, try to follow along ;)

I do hope this is allowed as an entry. Really wanting that Marblehead, forgot to participate at the Aus PAX event.

"Laid down in the morning feeling like a Cruiser
Fill up my flak, I'm out the port, I'm gonna bombard some cities
Before I leave, fix a breach with a Wargaming patch
'Cause when I leave. for the fight, They ain't coming back"

"I'm talking; reloading our torpedos-os
Trying on all our camouflage, camouflage
Boys blowing up the forums, forums
Drop-torping, playing our favorite CVs
Pulling up repair parties
Waves making it a little bit tipsy"

"Don't stop, make them drop
BBs, blowing others up
Tonight, I'mma fight
IJN beats US shite!
Tick tock on the clock
But the fires don't stop, NO"

BBs, blowing others up
Tonight, I'mma fight
IJN beats US shite!
Tick tock on the clock

"And now I'm in the Wargaming world, that's got plenty of cheers
And got no doubloons in my port, but I'm already
And now, the noobs are lining up cause they hear we are hackers
But we beat them anyway because we use Kievs and Tashkents"

"I'm talking about everybody getting sunk, sunk
Cvs tryin' to bomb my rump, rump
Gonna sh*t him if he getting too grump, grump"

"Now, now, we go until they render us 'out', 'out'
Or the mods decicde to shut us down, down
The mods shut accounts down, down
The admins shut us dowwnn"

BBs, blowing others up
Tonight, I'mma fight
IJN beats the US shite!
Tick tock on the clock

BBs, blowing others up
Tonight, I'mma fight
IJN beats the US shite!
Tick tock on the clock

"DD, you light me up
You torp me down
My hull, it pounds
Yeah, you got me"

"With my guns up
You got me down
You got that round in
Yeah, you got me"

"DD, you light me up
You torp me down
My hull, it pounds
Yeah, you got me"

"With my guns up
And your guns up
With our guns up"

"Now, the game don't stop 'TIL I RAM HIM!!!"

BBs, blowing others up
Tonight, I'mma fight
IJN beats US shite!
Tick tock on the clock

BBs, blowing others up
Tonight, I'mma fight
IJN beats US shite!
Tick tock on the clock

~GOOD LUCK, AND FAIR SEAS~ FELLOW CAPTAINS!

101 posts
1,247 battles

Well you know what. I don't have any experience with love because Syanda hasn't shown me any love yet so... Good luck to you all!

I've experienced heartbreak. You know, that feeling you get when you build up courage to ask the 1 girl you can care about to your highschool prom, only to find out she already had someone? I should really stick to World of Warships, because at least it can't break your heart :| I knew I regretted doing that a few months ago :/

Super Tester
630 posts
9,482 battles

Why do I love the community? because when I run into someone I know they are always on the enemy team, so I picture them being in the abyssal fleet, therefore this is what I picture every time I play World of Warships:

Ps. Yes I know this is not the IJN Kongou and this is the ARP Kongou (but don't mind the small details) and this was the best recording I could do on my potato.

Also I talked to DMW about my entry and was allowed to edit my post.

Edited by mikenzb

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Here's my amateur story since I can't write worth squat, so much that I actually need to learn24mat and proofread.

EYE BLEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Dreams, Ships and Valentines

Wake up, go to school, come back, play World of Warships, sleep, rinse and repeat.

This was my usual run of the day so it would come as to no surprise had I deviated from it due to plans, events or whatever was thrown into my calendar that made me go out...

… so why did I wake up in the bridge of some ship slumping over the ship's wheel as if I was just thrown there without a care in the world?

Pretty sure I went home after school, played a couple of games, continued assembly on a scale model and went to bed, so this can only mean that I'm inside a dream and by the looks of it, a really vivid one although normally you won't feel such things in a dream... but this time, it kinda feels incredibly real as I feel the strong breeze blowing through the portholes and smothering my body with the wind as I re-orient myself as to where I actually am, seeing as the place is most certainly a ship bridge, navigation equipment and wheel et al or this be a product of the bizarre parts my brain that had the courtesy to throw me into. Peering forward, what greets my sight is a horizon of endless blue sea with gentle cloud formations accenting the deep blue hue of the sky, and downwards on the forward section wasn't a plain deck I expected but rather a large turret with a barbette towering above two turrets, one behind it and the one in front of it facing in the opposite direction greets my view as the ship gently bobs left and right within the calm and clear seas. The relative calm is actually relaxing as the breeze continues to blow within, blowing against me as I stand there, surveying everything from the smallest crescent of wave on the water to the ambiance of seagulls perching on the bridge's exterior, their sounds a norm of sorts within the deep blue sea. Pretty sure the ship I'm in is probably-

“Oh my, it's quite a relief to see you awake after suddenly appearing like that, boy.”

A gentle voice slowly calls me from behind and as I look back, I am greeted with a rather familiar face, more like a doppelganger to be honest, carrying a tray with two cups with steam lightly rising from them as she sets them down beside her, daintly closes the hatch door from where she appeared and sits on the helmsman's seat in front of the wheel. The appearance, mannerisms and actions make it clear that she resembles the big sister I respect more than anyone, and what was the person before me may very well be a fantasized version generated by my brain but the fact that she has every accurate detail set, from her dark brown eyes to her figure and body silhouette, I couldn't even retort a “what are you doing here?” to this person who suddenly enters the bridge I just woke up in for I am still staring at her wide eyed as I observe her every move that ends with a soft smile I'd remember her making whenever she was with me.

Am I really this desperate when it comes to finding women to the point I'd fantasize about the kind and caring big sister who's three years older than me next door in my dreams of all the places to be?! I spent part of my childhood with her usually coming over to help me with scale models and with my studies, now my brain is now telling me that I had more than questionable thoughts about her?! Its also going to be Valentines the moment I wake up from this dream and now I'm self loathing at what I'm seeing and what my brain is likely implying buried deep down within my being. But enough inner loathing, I must make sure that my suspicions are correct within this incredibly vivid dream... and the first step is asking her.

“Where... exactly... am I?”

I manage to gather a few words, croaking all the way as I still stand there in front of her, still a bit in disbelief.

“That's a silly question, isn't it boy? You're aboard the Myoko cruiser.”

She answers after having a soft laugh as she adjusts her seating on the chair.

Its kinda fair, seeing as I was doing runs on her in World of Warships as she is one of the heavy cruisers I am quite interested in, scale model or in-game I care not where. But to get instantly thrown into this strange vivid dream on one? I now begin to question my zone of thinking because eventually, its gonna bend real and unreal within my thoughts which I do not absolutely want. I then direct myself into sitting on the captain's seat and turning the chair around to face the copy of big sis which I began interaction the moment she opened that hatch as I begin to ask away as it felt like she was expecting questions.

“What is this dream anyway? I woke up slumping against that ship's wheel in front of you like I was thrown there and you expect me to skip to chapter 2 of this conversation? And what of you? You may have the appearance and mannerisms of her but you are most definitely not her.”

I could only heatedly respond as I finally group my bearings together and not be fazed by the surroundings about me, just myself and this mysterious double of a person I'm acquainted with will be my focus.

“Why this is your dream, boy. It seems rather unfair for you to blame me taking this appearance when these memories are your most strongest asset within yourself. I just simply took this form as I would have felt you would be more relaxed, instead you became agitated. Curious, isn't it?”

She smiles as she replies with the same calm yet rather playful tone of voice as she continues on.

“You made this ship with your passion for it so it's still a rather interesting notion that you made her as accurately as possible from blueprints you've seen alone, so much that it is quite a feat for you. Do you desire this thing?”

“Of course. I already made her sisters long ago but could not find the lead ship herself. It's already satisfying to have researched her in World of Warships with a seasoned captain.”

I retorted back, still not settled despite this being an all round vivid dream but still, I dunno why I'm like this now but looking at her within the confines of my mind makes me feel something is out of place.

“Why do you ask?”

“Just confirming. Come, you need to go back to your state of mind as you suddenly appeared here without warning.”

She replies with the same grace and mannerism as she stands and grabs the two cups from the tray she placed earlier and hands one cup to me, the scent of the tea starts assaulting my nostrils.

Observing the cup with the liquid within, I notice the big sister doppelganger drink hers slowly and her look having this “I didn't poison it or anything, just drink it” and for a moment, I hesitate before drinking it thrice and after a few seconds, my vision starts getting drowsy and as my integrity is slowly shutting down to sleep, with the same smile and grace, she whispers to my ear, “take care of us both always when you wake up, alright?” as my mind shuts down and for that brief secon in time I open my eyes wide, only to find myself lying on my bed with the sunlight already piercing through my bedroom window and on the desk where parts of the scale model ship were at, all with my heartbeat rapidly beating after the whole ordeal. Reaching for my smartphone, the lock screen's clock shows the time to be 9:00AM on Feb. 14 so its the day where love is in the air and the whole soppy things like “there's a forever” and the “bitter” people, sadly I don't really care much for Valentines as I am currently not seeing anyone or have those feelings of puppy love or whatnot. Putting my mind to ready, I take a long, cold shower to rid myself of the self loathing that had brood in my being after realizing what a simple dream displayed and after eating breakfast, returned back to my room to start another run in World of Warships. As I was duly in the endgame stage of a match, I hear three faint knocks on my door and in came big sis, with her same kind smile and this feeling of a younger brother together with an elder sister kind of feeling holding what appears to be large rectangular parcel in the eco-bag.

"I do hope you'll forgive me for not having a chocolate today, little brother."

She shows this smile trying to mask her troubled thoughts. I don't know what she did or did not do but I'm actually indifferent to things like this as she should know, so why the look?

"Its okay, big sis. You know that I don't usually care about Valentines."

I reply as the battle in the screen started.

"Oh in that case, I'm relieved. This isn't chocolate but I'm sure you you'll like it so much."

She puts it on my bed and gets near my ears as I'm dodging hails of gunfire and destroyer launched torpedoes and softly says to my ear,

"Take care of both of us~"

in lieu of what the dream version of her said last to me which resulted in my sinking as she leaves the room and slowly heads back home. Responding too late, I rapidly turn to her figure disappearing down the stairs and as I hear her going out the door, I head to the bed and quickly removed the brown parcel from the eco bag and started to open it, first finding a note written "sorry its not chocolate, my dear lil bro~" and two model kits, HMS Exeter and most notably a Myoko in the topmost portion, had me running towards the window with heartbeat beating so fast, opening it and staring down below at the big sister about to open the gate dividing my house with hers, who had noticed my bewilderment, gave me a sly wink and entered the house, leaving me still blinking in both thought process and reaction time.

... was that dream really a dream?

222 posts
3,269 battles

I call these ragtag bunch of paragraphs, Ai no Armada. Derived from Quincy Jones' Ai no Corrida

Here's the beat

And here's the Lyrics

I shoot you, I torp you

I'm amazed you dodged all of that

I get burned, I get sunked

I'm served to you on a tray

You see dude, 

That's what I go through everyday 

Is this, the way it should be?

Hit me, I'm burning

But if i am do let me know

I'm flooding, please save me

It's not the way I wanna go

You see dude, 

You own me, half killed me

That's what you do~

Ai no Armada, that's where I am

You match me there

My ship in your command

Ai no Armada, I mind myself

No other guys

Just me and no one else

Me and no one else

Before my ship saw you

Each bay was just another way

Fright was the only mood

I felt, then flows away

You know dude

Everything that comes to play

Was due you being my strife

De buffs I'm under

Has got me, I'm not unfazed

Your aiming and HE

Sets my poor ship Ablaze

You see dude, 

You wreck me, capsize me

That's what you do

You match me there

My ship in your command

No other guys

Just me and no one else

Me and no one else

You match me there

My ship in your command

No other guys

Just me and no one else

Me and no one else

You match me there

My ship in your command

No other guys

Just me and no one else

Me and no one else

I shoot you, I torp you

I'm amazed you dodged all of that

I get burned, I get sunked

I'm served to you on a tray

You see dude, 

That's what I go through everyday 

Is this, the way it should be?

Hit me, I'm burning

But if i am do let me know

I'm flooding, please save me

It's not the way I wanna go

You see dude, 

You own me, half killed me

That's what you do~

You match me there

My ship in your command

No other guys

Just me and no one else

Me and no one else

Happy sailing (Edited)~ <3

General Insults, Post Edited, User Warned

~lengxv6

Edited by lengxv6

1 post
4,927 battles

I'm a lone Battleship on the wrong side of the map

I love it

My screening Destroyers have left me to cap but have been quickly sent to the locker

I love it

I'm not alone as I see a brace of torpedoes slowly arc through my wake

I love it

My last cruiser escort was last seen speeding headlong into a pair of enemy Battleships

I love it

My guns are silent as I slip beneath the waves as all my team mates before me

I love it

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I've been pondering on what to make for this contest for a while now.

It's been a while and I've been throwing ideas around, but I'm lacking the time for the really cool stuff like

a "This is WoWS ASIA!" style of video.

Hence I'll just tell a story.

Those that know me a little better or have for whatever reason clicked on my profile know that I'm german.

I've been born and raised here.

So quite legitimately people who've come to know me have frequently asked me why I'm lurking around

the SEA/ASIA servers for WoT and WoWS and don't play on the EU servers.

Well, I used to be playing on the EU server since the beta in 2011.

At first I was part of a fairly random and casual german clan, but over time the competitive spirit took over

and some of us switched to a CW clan.

People joined, people left and sooner or later we found ourselves in Europe, the part of the world map that had (and I assume still has) the

most gold income.

By this time I had already become a battle caller and my main account laid mostly dormant to hide which of our callers was leading the battle.

However soon after arriving on Europe we realised that a single clan couldn't stand by it's own.

So we chose diplomats, joined one of the back then 3 major alliances and the unfun began.

From here on I don't recall fighting a single CW battle outside of the occasional "Some 08/15 clan wants to land on Europe, lol" stomping battles.

So there I was, a battle caller without any battles... plenty of gold to throw around, but nothing else to do but continously

run around in random battles.

Sure, we had company battles back then, but motivating enough people to wait in the queue for 5 minutes to then stomp a random

casual team or fight a boring stalemate was next to impossible, especially since tier X companies were non-existant.

And this brings me to the main part.

The randoms on EU used to be god aweful.

If you've ever seen the Hall of Shame posts on the old For the Record blog then you'd prolly be surprised to hear

that the stuff posted there was laughable compared to what used to happen in EU randoms 24/7.

Insults and racism never had much of an effect on me, rather than getting infuriated by them I feel sad for the person relying

on such useless methods of venting or arguing.

However the sheer amount of griefing and exploiting that used to happen on the EU server was insane.

In every battle you would get atleast one player on either side do one of the following:

- Teamkill

- Actively block

- Suicide

- Reveal map positions to the enemy

- Perma track allies

or otherwise try to ruin everyone's gaming experience.

Insults... even wanna-be racism I can somewhat understand.

People are bad at managing their frustration and fail to vent it without effecting others.

Well, it's not like I'm a saint either... especially when it comes to the EU server.

Griefing however, provoked or not, isn't tolerable, especially to the extend it occured on EU.

After months of this treatment I stopped playing World of Tanks.

Clan Wars had become a purely diplomatic war, an interesting social experiment for some perhaps.

And randoms had driven me to the point where I just stopped playing.

I had enough of the nonsense in every single battle.

I had enough of tier VIII tanks suiciding into obvious death traps despite being told not to go.

Only to then explode in insults and reveal their teammates' positions to the enemy.

It was at that time that I got news of another account transfer to the SEA server, that would happen in a few months.

I had gotten that news from the players I knew from the NA anime skinning thread.

And I decided to see what this server might have to offer.

I still loved the game itself, and I sure love tanks, heck, I'm a trained gunner/loader for the Leopard 2A6, of course I love tanks!

Hence I downloaded the SEA client, created an account and started playing.

The first few battles were quickly played, tanks researched an bought.

And the atmosphere back then... it was the polar opposite of the EU server.

No insults, no harrassments and no griefing.

Well, sure, there was some of that here and there, but compared to EU... it seemed that I had found my sanctuary.

One particular experience has written itself into my mind.

After a couple of battles I wanted to test the higher tier experience on the SEA server.

I bought a Jagdtiger 8.8 and ventured into combat.

During the first battle I had my tracks destroyed and my tank exposed, without a proper

crew to reduce the repair times I pretty much figured I would lose my tank at this point.

As it turned out however, a friendly Löwe tank didn't share my opinion.

He drove up in front of my exposed side armor and covered me until my tracks were up again.

And he did it despite taking two shots.

Experiences like this one were what in the end drove me to transfer my EU account over.

Because they weren't the exception, they were the rule of thumb.

And they were something I hadn't experienced on EU since a couple months post launch.

Joining the, back then large and active, anime community around the Senshadou Alliance influenced

my decision greatly, too.

It was an perfect environment for someone like me who had pretty much given up hope on ever enjoying a WoT battle again.

Now jump to 2016.

10th of February, a Wednesday.

Things sure have changed since the day I started playing on the SEA server.

Many people have left, many new people have come.

In general it seems to be quieter nowadays, something I assume is part of most SEA players' preference

of sticking to less public groups on social media plattforms.

Some may argue that there is no more teamplay or interaction on this server.

That all has become either [][][][][] or 555+ Karlsland original.

But the truth is... it's still there, maybe it's not as obvious as it used to be,

and sure you do encounter griefers more often than back when I started playing here.

However using either in-game chat or quick radio commands, there's usually people that will understand

and react to it in one way or another.

As cheesy as it may sound, but the heart is still there.

And that's why I still play on this server to this date.

I also play on the NA server, because of my acquaintances there.

And I even made a new EU account to see if anything changed. (Which it did, and even positively)

But my server for Wargaming titles is the SEA/ASIA server.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

She might have a leak here and there, and perhaps the sails aren't as sturdy as they used to be,

but she damn well brings you through storm and shell.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Retia

Edited by Retia