Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Options for the hearing impaired

9 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

I have a very good friend in the USA whom I have teamed with many times and I have been trying to get her involved in this game. She has graciously joined the Asian server to team up with me (I'm in Australia) and I have been imparting my wealth of knowledge about this game upon her, which hasn't taken long to do. :)

However she is deaf after a diving mishap some time ago and forever being sunk by torpedoes mainly due to the fact that she is unable to hear the audible in game warning when torpedoes are inbound.

So my suggestion is to have an option for an on screen text warning that coincides with the current audible warning which would greatly help my friends awareness and end her main frustration thus far in this game.

Other options for the hearing impaired I'll add later if and when they come to mind and these type of options would open the game up to a whole new section of players whom might otherwise have been apprehensive to play due to the restrictions their impairment has caused.

2 posts
6 battles

Well theres a warning icon for incoming torpedoes that flash together with the warning sound. Idk if theres a mod that can enlarge the torpedo warning icon atleast 

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the game and I do not yet know all of the features, but so far I have not seen any warning icons for incoming torpedoes. If you could possibly tell me where on the screen that these warnings appear; It would be much appreciated.

Edited by Macawi_Babs

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

The warning icons looks like a torpedo, shows up in the middle of the screen and points to the direction of the attack. May need to have a Modder find a way to make the icon bigger

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the game and I do not yet know all of the features, but so far I have not seen any warning icons for incoming torpedoes. If you could possibly tell me where on the screen that these warnings appear; It would be much appreciated.

Here you go..

d0nALSj.jpg?1 and also on the binnacle, lower left. They all flash when any torps are around.

2 posts
6 battles

Thank you all very much. I appreciate the time that you have taken to help me with this matter. I guess I was too occupied with trying to stay alive to notice these warning icons before.:)

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Thank you all very much. I appreciate the time that you have taken to help me with this matter. I guess I was too occupied with trying to stay alive to notice these warning icons before.:)

It's hard to notice them when you have to look at your screen to dodge things. Like said above, let us hope that modders increase the size of those warning.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Actually I don't think those warning icons are enough... Sometimes I miss them too and I don't even have the unfortunate handicap your lady friend has... What it really needs is a "TORPEDO INCOMING" that flashes either above or below the central crosshair... Currently IMO I think the torpedo warning icons seem a bit subtle... and even though there are audible cues sometimes this game needs to be "in-your-face" with those torp warnings... Kind of like the ones in another "Tank-em-Up" from "Not WG"...

I think this should be taken up seriously by WG... Handicapped gamers are still a significant base and they can gain alot from them in more ways than just moolah...

753 posts
8,965 battles

Actually I don't think those warning icons are enough... Sometimes I miss them too and I don't even have the unfortunate handicap your lady friend has... What it really needs is a "TORPEDO INCOMING" that flashes either above or below the central crosshair... Currently IMO I think the torpedo warning icons seem a bit subtle... and even though there are audible cues sometimes this game needs to be "in-your-face" with those torp warnings... Kind of like the ones in another "Tank-em-Up" from "Not WG"...

I think this should be taken up seriously by WG... Handicapped gamers are still a significant base and they can gain alot from them in more ways than just moolah...

Yes an "in your face" warning would be very helpful and things like this could be in the options menu to activate or not. 

Sign in to follow this