You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
gbung

How Long?....:(

9 comments in this topic

1 post
3,769 battles

let me start by saying "I don't actively participate in forums". quite happy to read and glean info from various topics but the latest update has changed that... I've also been actively involved with world of warships, including the beta workup. i'm just unhappy about the change management have made to the wait befote you play... 30 secs - perfect... but now 1 WHOLE minute, just to get into the action sucks big time... it's frustrating & tarnishes the anticipation of getting into the action.... from one player (that loves this game, but nowthinks twice about firing up the computer) to management..... give us back the 30 seconds!

724 posts
2,170 battles

let me start by saying "I don't actively participate in forums". quite happy to read and glean info from various topics but the latest update has changed that... I've also been actively involved with world of warships, including the beta workup. i'm just unhappy about the change management have made to the wait befote you play... 30 secs - perfect... but now 1 WHOLE minute, just to get into the action sucks big time... it's frustrating & tarnishes the anticipation of getting into the action.... from one player (that loves this game, but nowthinks twice about firing up the computer) to management..... give us back the 30 seconds!

Well TBH, I kinda agree with you but I kinda don't at the same time.

I know, It doesn't make much sense.

There are people out there with slower system, and they require a lot more time to successfully load into the game.

If the game started for a while before they even finish loading, they'll miss out on a lot of action, or even bringing the entire team down. (for example, CV that hasn't finish loading yet)

So having a one minute wait time can reduce the rate of getting these kind of problems, but on the other hand,making people with faster computer to wait longer.

I wouldn't actually mind waiting a few more seconds to start the match with a if not complete, 90% team.

I hope you can understand.

Cheers

edit : btw, if you don't know what to do while you finished loading and still have around 40 seconds to wait before the match starts, try to work out a strategy, give proper orders to your teammate and hope it'll bring your team to victory

Edited by xDave1337x

211 posts
9,931 battles

yeah, I rather the minute long wait than the game starting with 50% of the team being idle.

if it's something like CV that's taking too long to load, your team may as well thow in the towel, it can have quite a strong influence on which team wins. 

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Less I'm actually got those experience. But I get a lot of disconnect and throw me to login screen. And I cannot re-login because my ISP was cut off.

Either problem with the game itself or the incompatible between my ISP with WG server, idk even guessing what happened.

To reconnect my ISP, I had to restart my PC then re-launch WoWs. But the time between disconnect, restart PC and re-launch the game, then had to wait reloading screen again to enter battle are quite long. Usually, I ended dead already.

So, when I got this problem, usually I stop trying/re-play WoWs and do something else. Means, my ship are inside the match, stand silent with no man behind the helm.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Yeah it's your computer - although they've improved it remarkably since OBT started.

At quickest I might enter game with 20 sec till game starts, now I'm regularly loaded up with 50+ seconds till match begins.

Get a better computer

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

yeah, I rather the minute long wait than the game starting with 50% of the team being idle.

if it's something like CV that's taking too long to load, your team may as well thow in the towel, it can have quite a strong influence on which team wins. 

This^. CV's need to launch planes immediately at game start, spotting enemy ships is one part of total domination, the other part, is your team being able to hit the lit ships, which I've also noticed playing my ryujo, and spotting enemy ships for teams who can't hit a barn door from 20 feet.

However if I play my dd, and there are 2 enemy cv's in a battle, I'm literally useless and dead real fast.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Oh another interesting point to the OP, is that how often do you see a friendly ship not move for the first 5 mins of battle? ALL THE TIME. 

Countdown timer needs to be extended to 5 mins.