Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HenryCrun

Three things the gameplay desperately needs......

10 comments in this topic

219 posts
3,362 battles

1. Being struck by friendly torpedoes should have no effect whatsoever.

2. Being hit by friendly fire should have no effect whatsoever.

Introducing these two parameters would immediately render team-killers impotent. Their tiny intellects would then hopefully suffer an implosion.

I am fed up to the back teeth with cretins firing torps without the slightest consideration for their own team-mates.

When I prepare to fire torpedoes I make bloody sure that the way is clear and that no team-mate is likely to be hit through my lack of attention.

The third thing relates to blue-line campers; once they hit the line they are stuck....for the rest of the battle.

Doesn't matter whether accidental or intentional.....they must not be allowed to use the edge as a slippery-slide, moving along it at will.

406 posts
6,287 battles

Ah the old FF on/off debate.

First things first - even if they turned FF completely off - there would still be ways for people to Grief https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

But more importantly it can ruin a game through constant spam - such as in Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3/4 - there were issues on some maps where people would just constantly use Explosives and ruin the gameplay - with FF off, people would just spam torpedoes constantly since there is no penalty for not doing so

There is also the realism argument.

ATM I like the mechanics

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If that was implemented, how would you ever give proper "chastisement" to noob divisions who platoon 3 or more tiers apart?  :trollface:

Edited by Krieg

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Introducing these two parameters would immediately render team-killers impotent. Their tiny intellects would then hopefully suffer an implosion.

I am fed up to the back teeth with cretins firing torps without the slightest consideration for their own team-mates.

When I prepare to fire torpedoes I make bloody sure that the way is clear and that no team-mate is likely to be hit through my lack of attention.

The third thing relates to blue-line campers; once they hit the line they are stuck....for the rest of the battle.

Doesn't matter whether accidental or intentional.....they must not be allowed to use the edge as a slippery-slide, moving along it at will.

Admittedly friendly fire is very frustrating in this game but what might happen if friendly fire was turned off for torps is that team mates might deliberately intercept your torps either to grief or to ensure you don't do any damage. But given most of the friendly fire I have seen has been through incompetence rather than malice I think your idea should be investigated further.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Mostly happened at lower tier ships wherein they think their torpedo is unlimited range. But I won't accept that suggestion as I would like the newbies to learn the hard way how not to trigger-happy launch their torpedoes and face the rant of TK'd players. Dictating it to them won't work at all, they have to team kill to learn the punishment. I won't argue with them if they keep denying for such mistake.

I had to tell a Russian tier 3 DDs, who launched & hit 3 x 2 torpedoes at me, that their torp is 3 km and his target is 5 km (when I saw it it's 4 km, that DD is behind me). What do I get? Denial.

219 posts
3,362 battles

There is also the realism argument.

"Realism"??

What realism?

We have ships with upgrades that never occurred in real life and we even have ships that never occurred in real life!

So please....spare me the "realism" argument; any resemblance to reality in this game is purely coincidental.

Edited by HenryCrun

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

well you can post in the suggestions but dev will likely ignore since players need to adapt to devs game mechanics and almost everybody are used to it and devs will take suggestions if its interesting enough

575 posts
5,354 battles

With this new 'team mate takes 50% less damage from friendly fired torpedoes,' they should have implemented automatic damage reflect back at the firing platform at 100% damage inflicted on friendly ship (accident or not). The only way to teach these special snowflakes a lesson is to cost them their ships in battle. Furthermore, they should give them zero XP and credits for team killing. They kill friendly (accident or not), they should receive nothing. If they continue to do such a thing, permaban is issued. Gun fire should be handled in the same manner. However, what they really need to fix is the damage you inflict on a friendly with secondary fire. You have no control over that. Damage from that should in this case be rendered to 0 damage. I cannot tell you the number of times I've been fined by the system for 'friendly fire on a teammate because of my secondaries because they were between me and my target OR they move through my firing arc while I'm engaged.' I nearly killed one of our DDs doing that in one battle. Not fun at all.

219 posts
3,362 battles

With this new 'team mate takes 50% less damage from friendly fired torpedoes,' they should have implemented automatic damage reflect back at the firing platform at 100% damage inflicted on friendly ship (accident or not). The only way to teach these special snowflakes a lesson is to cost them their ships in battle. Furthermore, they should give them zero XP and credits for team killing. They kill friendly (accident or not), they should receive nothing. If they continue to do such a thing, permaban is issued. Gun fire should be handled in the same manner. However, what they really need to fix is the damage you inflict on a friendly with secondary fire. You have no control over that. Damage from that should in this case be rendered to 0 damage. I cannot tell you the number of times I've been fined by the system for 'friendly fire on a teammate because of my secondaries because they were between me and my target OR they move through my firing arc while I'm engaged.' I nearly killed one of our DDs doing that in one battle. Not fun at all.

I agree with every suggestion you've mentioned, particularly the first one; that would be a perfect way to deter them.

Sign in to follow this