Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
j0e90

Where have the CVs gone Tier 6 and up?

11 comments in this topic

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,481 battles

Could be MM rng, but lately CVs seem to be a rare breed, maybe 1/3 of games in T6 I might see a CV playing the Cleveland . Tier 7, and now tier 8 in the New Orleans I might see them 1 game in 4. Lower tiers 4 - 5 still pretty common to see 1 or 2 CVs.

Anyone else notice this? Or is it just MM being kind to me?

If it continues I will probably ditch AA mod 2 and switch to gun fire control for my US CAs - not much point carrying a mod that is only used 20 - 30% of the time - after all you fire your guns every game. Which would be a shame as AA is one of the US  line's strengths.

460 posts
8,276 battles

Yeah I've noticed it in the T6 and T7 games I've played as well, it isn't just RNG or MM the CV population has shrunk in that space. Is it cause they got too much of the nerf bat? I dunno I haven't gotten past independance (T6) or Zuiho (T5).

Yeah I find it a bit of a disappointment when sailing my US cruisers as well, with no planes to shoot at some of them don't have a nice role to fill.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

CVs are no longer fun to play. I am afraid that the amount of CVs in higher tier battles will decline rapidly in the next update. War Gaming are nerfing CVs really hard and I don't even find CVs fun to play anymore. Other people like steeltrap will be happy though because he won't have to deal with CV anymore

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

CVs are no longer fun to play. I am afraid that the amount of CVs in higher tier battles will decline rapidly in the next update. War Gaming are nerfing CVs really hard and I don't even find CVs fun to play anymore. Other people like steeltrap will be happy though because he won't have to deal with CV anymore

You must have the memory of a gnat. I pointed out in another thread a few days back that I don't 'hate' CVs. I DID repeat what I have said many times, which is that the challenge for WG will be to take a class with a potentially massive effect on EVERYONE'S game play, and which doesn't play under the same restrictions everyone else does, and then achieve some sort of balance such that it doesn't dominate (as it used to, and bear in mind vision control is something to consider as well) to the point most non-CVs get sick to death of them, and at the same time make them interesting/fun to play for those who want to (as an aside, one could argue WG abjectly failed that test with SPGs in WoT; yes, different game, and different dev team, but it would suggest they'd do well to ignore the WoT people when it comes to it).

Besides which, I've played about 6-10 games in the last month, and 4 of those were co-op. I can assure you I really don't care what WG does with CVs (or much of anything else for that matter) as I am not really playing and certainly won't be spending any money on this game.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Could be just getting lucky not being matched with CVs. Yesterday night i played 6 sessions of Battleships and in all i encountered carriers. It wasn't fun.

280 posts
3,514 battles

yup!. the CVs arent fun to play anymore because you can't control the defense of it plus it takes seconds to rearm and the planes will shot down easily but the hangar capacity is too dope,...

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,481 battles

So I'm not imagining things, of course the game after I started this post this 2 CVs... splashed a load but the way the BBs played I may as well not have bothered covering them, but the subject of BBs not pushing in the mid - end game is for another thread I guess...

So I'm going to load up gun fire control and see how that goes - although I have to say giving up the 7.2km AA range is going to make me feel kinda naked!

UpDate; So I forgot to swith modules.Next game  TIer 8 / 9 , 2 CVs, 34 planes splashed. Go figure.

Edited by j0e90

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Hmmm, I've seen a few here and there.

I agree though that the population has decreased over time,  but personally I don't mind that.

I'm enjoying my Indie, especially when the opposition has the Aerial Superiority (AS) loadout, too.

The best times I've had with CVs is when there's an AS US CV and a JP Strike CV on each side.

That way I can focus on butchering aircrafts while the other CV can enjoy protection from enemy fighters.

Sadly I usually end up in a simple 1v1 CV setup, or can't do the much needed cooperation with my team's 2nd CV.

If there was an issue with CVs right now outside of what I mentioned some time ago (Link), then I'd say that one of the problems is the potency

of higher tier AA versus lower tier aircrafts.

Sign in to follow this