Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimnar42

New Nations

41 comments in this topic

334 posts
13,020 battles

Does anyone know when if and maybe which nations are going to be implemented. Seems silly one Royal Navy and one Polish ship only one line of destroyers for USSR and one line of Cruisers for German with a sprinkling of premium ships in there.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Well only the Regia Marina, Royal Navy as a full tree and the Marine Nationale could have proper trees. Other nations like Poland, the Netherlands or ships that have a small navy can go prem.

There's still the fillouts for the German and Russian battleships, cruisers and carriers despite being paper to think of as well as the cruiser and hopefully the battleship split.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Back in 2013, SilentStalker's FTR blog stated that Wargaming was interested in potentially (and eventually) adding ships from major South American navies (during the interwar period, Brazil, Argentina and Chile built many warships) if there is enough demand for them. This was obtained from a regular dev Q&A thread on the Russian World of Tanks forum that Storm and SerB usually take part in. The idea was that they'd gauge interest from South American players playing on the NA server, and determine the feasibility of adding these tech trees based on the response they get. It's been a long time though, so who knows whether these plans are still undergoing.

Other than that, there's the rest of the Soviet Navy and Kriegsmarine coming up, in addition to the Royal Navy tree. Though there's no announcement or firm evidence, people have also been speculating that the French and Italian navies might end up in the game, but I'm pretty sure that so far WG has said nothing about France and Italy yet. Players on the mainland China forums have also been begging for Chinese premium ships (like the Anshan-class destroyer) as well, but I somewhat doubt their inclusion since China lacks any notable naval might when you look at 20th century history (and many of the ships are foreign purchases anyway).

Don't forget that tech tree expansion isn't just limited to adding additional countries; earlier this year, Japanese magazine Famitsu interviewed one of the WoWS devs present at the Tokyo Game Show, who suggested that there will eventually be a tech tree branch split separating heavy and light cruisers.

Edited by benlisquare

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Does anyone know when if and maybe which nations are going to be implemented. Seems silly one Royal Navy and one Polish ship only one line of destroyers for USSR and one line of Cruisers for German with a sprinkling of premium ships in there.

Do remember, it has only been a year since WoWS started "Beta" from the weekend beta test in Dec 2014. We started with only 2 tech tree back then (missing the CV till 2nd Weekend test) of USN and IJN, in the year that came and open beta we entered and to this point, we have 2 full (until more additions) tech trees of USN and IJN and the Soviet DDs and German Cruisers.

We can all expect the tech trees to fill up and expand and more nations of ships to come in the coming year of 2016. Remember this is still a game, and to get new ships you need to model, texture and balance them into the game, not an easy task for any game company. The fact we are getting more ships as the months come is a good sign that we will get more nations of ships too.

A good example is WoT which when it first started had only a few nation of tanks, look at it now, it even has a new Chezc line of tanks in game now.

My only advice is, be patient and when its ready it will come.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

British, Soviet, German, French, Italy, China.

Source : World of Tanks Magazine on iOS / Andriod

My guess is 

Soviet -> Poland -> German -> China -> British -> Italy (anyways most likely going to be as R3negade say) 

becasue player base as always :trollface:

So where my Marine Nationale i want da Dunkerque :(

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

really weird configuration of ship that Nelson

Its the placement that able to use all of you guns without having to expose board side like da Dunkerque, you might have problems when running away but if you always on the attacking side this is the best placement :D:D:D 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

According to the official interview of one of the developers, they postponed the nation implementation as they'll be making more maps. But British Commonwealth Navy is coming next they said.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,110 battles

Its the placement that able to use all of you guns without having to expose board side like da Dunkerque, you might have problems when running away but if you always on the attacking side this is the best placement :D:D:D 

i prefer a balanced number of guns in aft n bow..symmetrical configuration..that always give me a impression...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i prefer a balanced number of guns in aft n bow..symmetrical configuration..that always give me a impression...

It should be better in over all situation but when Nelson coming strait at you, you know you going to have a bad day :D:D:D

334 posts
13,020 battles

Thanks for the information guys I am patient I just like to know what the future holds so I can plan accordingly.

423 posts
3,175 battles

it's the best that they have the Mongolian Navy, man! Or Afghan... Heard they're the best! :D

Edited by jchen8792

268 posts
6,381 battles

Found this on the net..

that BB HMS Malaya though.. If WG decide to put that BB, I'm definitely gonna keep it being Malaysian and all!

Great table lowkey!

The Malaya was a Queen Elizabeth BB like the Warspite, but WG could release it as a Prem and still have the QE class as part of the regular tree. (Providing it's ever released...)

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,110 battles

Great table lowkey!

The Malaya was a Queen Elizabeth BB like the Warspite, but WG could release it as a Prem and still have the QE class as part of the regular tree. (Providing it's ever released...)

yup its the same as warspite...i hope it will come out as premium although its very unlikely..but according to wiki HM Malaya has 533 mm torpedos...but nevertheless here's to hoping. I mean, other than HMS Malaya, her sister ship HMS Prince of Wales is also kinda historic 
Edited by lowkeynation

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

before thinking about new nation,

I rather have WG finish all ship line of currently available nation first =w=

I'm going to theorise that they're adding 1-2 lines to the german&russian trees and then add the first part for the british tree.

Going straight to making another tree wouldn't really make much sense, but at the same time you'd prolly want to get them

out before they're overhyped.

Sign in to follow this