You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KillKieran

german ship ap rate and damage rebuff

10 comments in this topic

23 posts
3,187 battles

ive been playing german ships since they got rolled out and am currently sitting on a roon (t9) recently ive noticed the maximum damage for ap shells has been decresed but also the chance/ rate at which i penetrate ships has severly gone down. i could understand people yelling op to there cannons before due to 7k citidels and high pen chances but the armor and rate at which they die balances it. now that its been redused i find roon and hipper allmost not even fun to play to the point where i cant pen a myoko from 6km and deal 6k damage instead i dealt 4k damage over 2 salvos and died when i was on 30k hp... is there any chance a rebuff in future patches or is that it and the german ships are gonna be rediculas to play with from now on?

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

i cant pen a myoko from 6km

This tells me what I need to know.

If I let any 6-incher get to within 6 km of my Myoukou, I made a mistake in my play, and the enemy ship will generally win. That you didn't speaks wonders.

If both ships are 8-inchers, generally speaking it is a toss-up who will win. Never ever underestimate a Myoukou just because you are in a Roon.

Edited by Haku

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

This tells me what I need to know.

If I let any 6-incher get to within 6 km of my Myoukou, I made a mistake in my play, and the enemy ship will generally win. That you didn't speaks wonders.

If both ships are 8-inchers, generally speaking it is a toss-up who will win. Never ever underestimate a Myoukou just because you are in a Roon.

+1 

Don't forget Myoko's armour is thicker than Roon's (in most areas)

I just got Roon, and I'm afraid of closing other ships because of how thin its armour is. I also despise the AXY turret arrangement but that's a completely separate matter...

Edited by ADM_dude

23 posts
3,187 battles

to both i understand the armor is A LOT better than roons but from my range and where i was hitting i shouldve easlily won the fight  also that was just the most recent example, as in games i find i citidel ship a lot less than i used to and the citidel damage has definatly been redused which im saying i thought was unessesary as it was 7k now is 5k, im fine with less penetration if they re buff the citidel damage or vise versa keep the penetration rate but reduse citidel damage but both together just make the germans far far worse off than their counterparts from other nations

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

i could understand people yelling op to there cannons before due to 7k citidels and high pen chances but the armor and rate at which they die balances it.

German 8" AP have the same penetration as IJN 8" if i remember correctly, so if you shoots at angled ship it wouldn't be effective..

However, German 8" has very fast shell velocity so when it does pen it pens deep.. It can even citadel BBs using plunging fire..

i cant pen a myoko from 6km and deal 6k damage instead i dealt 4k damage over 2 salvos and died when i was on 30k hp... is there any chance a rebuff in future patches or is that it and the german ships are gonna be rediculas to play with from now on?

Aim lower. At such range your shell trajectory is very very flat and probably bounces off the citadel roof armour (a new penetration mechanic introduced on 0.5.1) resulting in an overpen instead of a citadel..

Shoot a bit lower than the waterline to get underwater citadels..

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

From what I am reading, it seems you are over-penning the enemy cruiser. Due to a recent "AP Fix" all over penetrations and citadel bounce no longer count as a citadel hit, which is why you see a decrease of your citadel hit rate. In most cases you need to re adjust your aim.

Like those above me posted, aim lower so that your shots will splash next to the enemy's ship travel underwater for a bit and penetrate the underwater hull resulting in a penetration or citadel.

There was many case where my low HP Atago totally destroyed another full HP cruiser cause he was over-penetrating me while I was landing citadel hits by aiming at the waterline.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,366 battles

germans far far worse than their counterparts from other nations IJN

If u mean a 1v1 situation, Myoko do have an advantage in some ways.

that is the only chok point for KM CA.

Also dont forget HE shells is all IJN CA got and thats why IJN CA is still the best cruiser line(overall) atm.

Edited by R3negade

23 posts
3,187 battles

To eurobeat and windforce

thank you i wasnt sure what exactly wg had done to 'fix' ap shells i will test your advise later on today haha hopefully will help out a bit,