You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

todays RANT

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

THIS GAME REALLY IS A BLOODY JOKE AT THE MOMENT, RNG CAN GO SUCK A BIG FAT ONE FROM THAT PLACE WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE OUT OF A HUMAN BODY!!!!

14km range in Agami  and cant hit a ship with full broadside showing???? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH get [content removed]!!!!!!

2 ships on low HP not moving and I cant hit them from 14km again get [content removed] WG.

You wonder why players complain about your games and why they leave and don't spend money on your game because you make rubbish games.

No wonder all the good players have left WOT and all that's left is the rubbish players with brains of 2yr olds playing it. lol

RNG is what spoils your game to the max, and that's why more ppl leave and go play Armoured Warfare instead because their RNG is at a lower range and makes for better gaming but you WG cant yet understand or get that into your thick heads that RNG kills your games.

Let the damn players fight the battles and let the skill of the players win the battles, not some stupid RNG number that just ruins all your games.

The concept of the games is good, the subject matter of the games are good, but seriously WG, you got no idea how to make a PLAYABLE GAME.

Profanity.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

575 posts
5,354 battles

Well, I'm of the opinion that WG relies so heavily on RNG because they either cannot designed a game to compensate for player skill. RNG is the great equalizer. It is the absolute mechanic ever introduced into a game.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I love how you name the topic, strait to the point :D:D:D

No wonder all the good players have left WOT and all that's left is the rubbish players with brains of 2yr olds playing it. lol

Thats not really true, most of my friends form WoT are really good and i have a great time in the Tanks, in case you not probably you just not yet found them  :P

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

It's not as though he doesn't have a point.

The trouble is if it were more realistic then BBs would rule everything until CVs show up.

They are the most stable gunnery platforms with the most advanced radar/gunnery control suites the nation can produce.

They have the most destructive weaponry with the greatest range.

They are the most heavily protected, and most able to cope with battle damage.

That is WHY they were built in the first place.

Now WG wants everyone to be able to be effective against everyone else, a design choice frankly I think they ought to limit; watching a DD destroy a BB using sub-6" weapons just makes me want to strangle someone at WG. At the very least I think the SEVERITY of a fire, either in terms of the damage it does per second OR how long it lasts, at least should be linked to the weapon that caused it. Is anyone really saying a 5.25" gun causes the same blast and hence fire potential as a 16" HC shell?

If they have to limit numbers of BBs in battles as they have CVs, so be it.

But who are we kidding? They're not going to do it. They want a yippee shoot the average brainless muppet can play easily and have fun.

God knows that's the most charitable explanation I can think of for the last 2 battles I tried after not playing for 2.5 weeks. After those appalling displays of massed uselessness on my team (I myself did OK, with ~53k damage in a tier 5 battle in my Iwaki A, for example, but the battle results weren't even close...lost one of them 1,000 > 70), I concluded I've had enough.

The simplistic mechanics along with a pile of clowns who seem to have no idea as to those mechanics or the concept of playing to win have defeated me.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

RNG largely  only affects BBs while the other classes are not much affected by it.

Yeah, another reason why I like this game better than WoT as RNG is less of a factor. DD's CA's/CL's and CV's are all fair go

[MUS]
Beta Tester
24 posts
560 battles

I love how you name the topic, strait to the point :D:D:D

:teethhappy:

Thats not really true, most of my friends form WoT are really good and i have a great time in the Tanks, in case you not probably you just not yet found them  :P

I haven't left WoT lol. Sure, I ain't that great a player, but I certainly don't have the brain of a 2 year old. :teethhappy:

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I feel WoWs is like this analogy.

• A wide Green Field for sport match.
  • WG provide 1 complete set of Soccer kit, 1 complete set of Rugby kit,1 complete set of American Football kit, 1 complete set of Baseball kit.
  • WG then put random players in the field and tell them to play whatever you want. Additional, 1 player can bring up to 2 friends.
  • The timer start and running, in 20 minutes, must have a winner between Red & Blue Team.
  • Each players confuse of what sport they must play ... some play this, other play that.
  • WG said, if you scoring with Soccer rules, it's valid ... and if you scored by playing Rugby rules, it's a valid too ... you want to combine it ? Kick the soccer ball to opponent Goal Post and in the same time bring American Football in your hand and scored a touch down, both will be validated.
  • Some guys play run and tag ... it's valid too.
  • Some guys play hide and seek ... ooooh, it's mhm too.
  • Some guys not doing any game but just commenting (or yelling) ... it's okay too.
  • A player were dribbling a soccer ball, and suddenly an opponent do a body charge (rugby & American Football's blocking) and take him down ... it's valid too.
  • Also, in both team, there's no Coach manager to command the team tactic, every one are leader of themself ... it's valid too.
  • After 20 minutes ... everything will be calculate. Of every sports succeed taking points, it will add as total points.

This is what I feel of WoWs current state. Like Assassin Creed's The Creed's Maxim ... "Nothing is true, everything is permitted.":P

Edited by MissMeMiss

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Many people have argued that "Nothing is true, everything is permitted," does not mean that it tells you what you think it is. Not in the slightest. Taking it at face value is a very dangerous thing to do.

I find the analogy wrong, because...there's no offside. :trollface:

Instead, think about it as players playing one set of rules on the field, except that others are differently equipped for the task at hand. If we're going by football, then players can use either their heads or feet to manipulate the ball. Some players can run, some players can jump. Some players have better positioning than others. Some players have better off-the-ball intelligence. Etc. etc.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

better than the real wwii naval battle where guns dont follow and locks on enemy ships like those on game. atleast in game rng is better than the real life situation of wwii naval battle (miscalculation, 2 degrees lower and misses about 5 meter, misses target cuz wave makes the gun elevation higher or lower, slow reload and repairs cuz of inexperience crew etc) just imagine if this game is close to reality then bb shots will hit about 1 out of 100. just saying

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

UNtjeEr.gif

sometimes I don't understand rants :/

Yes, I do have my own rage quits in-game before but I usually keep them to myself rather than raging it on the forums, which then I realize to myself "Well hey, why am I getting mad over a game" then my hatred towards the game subsides (esp on a certain card game that I usually rage upon) :D

460 posts
8,276 battles

I completely agree with Steeltrap, mostly.

I think DDs and cruisers wouldn't be completely dominated (as in made useless) by BBs if it were more realistic, they'd just have to actually fill their role instead of some of the silly tactics they attempt to pull off.

And it wouldn't take much to make it more realistic without ruining the game play. Just a change to the dispersion pattern.

Presently your shells land roughly within an oval with the widest part running along the horizon (when looking at your target) that wide part should be the other way (towards and away)

This would have two major effects. Having your T crossed would mean more shells hit you and fewer shells would likely hit when broadside on (although damage potential is greater for AP)

It would be more realistic (finding the range was harder than getting the lead right in reality - hence the complex rangefinders) no more complex to play (aim roughly the same), and might fix some issues I've heard some complain about in higher tiers recently. Cruisers would probably last longer. No rocket science required. I also personally think shots from a single turret should be grouped closer together, but one thing at a time.

Yobbo I understand your rage, we all have bad battles sometimes, just try not to let it get to you too much, take a break and do one of your favourite things then come back later when you feel better.

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

well if you want this game to be realistic with radar and stuff then here a catch,, don't blame WG for "USN and Russian Bias" since that mean they gonna pack Sverdlov-class CL with SS-N 1 Anti Ship Missile and Iowa-class BB with Harpoon Missile and insanely accurate radar aim system,, and Midway will have her Cold War configuration,, you reap what you sow kid,, asking too much wouldn't solve your problem,, RNG just balancer for class and i'm already know how to deal with it,, if you miss in longer range,, try to get closer,, this isn't Sniper Warrior or any other sniper game,, see,, it's solved,, i had play Amagi since CBT and even manage to one salvo few Yamato,, you just need to grew bigger ball and get a little bit closer ya know,, if they got their RL accuracy then last thing i know this game will be filled with nothing but BB and CV,, which is boring

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,874 battles

Ive never won a raffle in real life...but I do won juicy citadel hits on a constant rate on my BB at a reasonable range of course...but for the time being my concern is moving up the rank battle...been stuck at  rank 10 for quite sometime now...

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

Seriously was tempted to reply to Yobbo with 'L2P noob' just to see him rant again - oh I enjoy them. :trollface: :popcorn:

(Yes mate, I realise you are a much better player than me)

RNG is RNG. You won't always get the 'average' result - that's just what happens.

I'm sure they're just going to leave it as is, because BB guns just hurt too much. I mean they could tweak the dispersion pattern, however one wonders how that would turn out.
I mean for the most part, when I play a BB I tend to go quite well. I mean yeah there's always salvos that leave you going 'seriously - 3rd broadside in a row?' but hey, the enemy BBs have the same problem.
I also think the second you tweak the dispersion rate on BBs, it'll become World of Battleships - as there are usually a huge amount of them in queue anyways.

Just my 2-bob :honoring:

460 posts
8,276 battles

As long as the dispersion size remains comparable, it should actually make it harder for a BB to sink a ship by citadelling it. Cause fewer shells would be likely to hit citadels when broadside on. Should also work that way for DDs and CAs, although they aren't affected by the dispersion mechanic much.

You're right they'll probably just leave it as is. Too many cry babies would whinge if they did something to make it realistic now.

[SB]
116 posts
12,423 battles

better than the real wwii naval battle where guns dont follow and locks on enemy ships like those on game. atleast in game rng is better than the real life situation of wwii naval battle (miscalculation, 2 degrees lower and misses about 5 meter, misses target cuz wave makes the gun elevation higher or lower, slow reload and repairs cuz of inexperience crew etc) just imagine if this game is close to reality then bb shots will hit about 1 out of 100. just saying

Uh, they kind of did.

Or did you think you had guys with pen and paper calculating where to aim the guns?

406 posts
6,279 battles

That was actually fascinating to watch - I work in IT as a Sysadmin - so its amazing to see how far we have come from Mechanical computers the size of a table doing things my smart phone could do instantly.