You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Running away from the fight

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

What the hell is it with these stupid [content removed] players, who at the first sight of a enemy ship turn around and run away???

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THE BATTLE BY TURNING AND RUNNING AWAY LIKE A COWARD!!!!

Yes players have always done  that, but in the last week or two is seems to be every damn battle, some noob player will turn and run away as fast as they can and it seems to be getting worse.

The only time you need to turn away from the enemy is when all the enemy ships are shooting at you so yes if there are 3-4 ships shooting at you then  turn around run away until the enemy stops shooting at then   you turn around and engage the enemy again and support your team.

You don't turn around and run away when the enemy ships are not even shooting at you and you don't turn away when you out number the enemy 3-1 either.

Tthat's when you sail at the enemy and kill the enemy ship when you out number them, again you don't run away as soon as you see the enemy ship.

Also you are not going to when the battle by sitting as far back as you can at the back of the damn map.

Only a few days ago I had a team where it was 6 ships vs 2 ships and not one of my team got within 14km of them lol lol and the rest of the enemy ships where attacking the other side of the map, but no not one of the 6 moved forward to kill the enemy ships and then take the base they all stayed on their side of the map and lost, stupid  noobs. If you cant work out when to attack the enemy then you are playing the wrong game and you better off going to play with dolls than play this game.

Rant over........ For now.

Derogatory comments.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THE BATTLE BY TURNING AND RUNNING AWAY LIKE A COWARD!!!!

But that's the Myogi's primary playstyle. :x

Sail towards the enemy until you reach ~7km range then turn and move away again, rinse and repeat.

All while re-aligning her course to either dodge or fire all 3 turrets.

:hiding:

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

But that's the Myogi's primary playstyle. :x

Sail towards the enemy until you reach ~7km range then turn and move away again, rinse and repeat.

All while re-aligning her course to either dodge or fire all 3 turrets.

:hiding:

Or German Cruisers like the Konigsberg and Nurnberg :P

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

It's just a pure guess, but some might dislike me for it.

Adult players, +30 years old, play smart but keep moving forward, to die is just another day, lose is okay, real life are harder than a game.

Young Adult players, 22~30 years old, play at normal pace & tactical analysis, grumpy when things got bad, tend to vent everything on the forum.

Youngster, 17~21 years old, play selfishly, quick to anger, master of troll & abuser.

Teen, 13~16 years old players, play in the back of other players, they don't want to be martyr, easily said GG, even lose badly.

Kid, 0~12 years old players, should not play this game as it min. 13 years old.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

It's just a pure guess, but some might dislike me for it.

Adult players, +30 years old, play smart but keep moving forward, to die is just another day, lose is okay, real life are harder than a game.

Young Adult players, 22~30 years old, play at normal pace & tactical analysis, grumpy when things got bad, tend to vent everything on the forum.

Youngster, 17~21 years old, play selfishly, quick to anger, master of troll & abuser.

Teen, 13~16 years old players, play in the back of other players, they don't want to be martyr, easily said GG, even lose badly.

Kid, 0~12 years old players, should not play this game as it min. 13 years old.

But what if you're like me? An eternal child inside? :child:
Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
906 posts

I was in a game last night. I was a benson and crippled badly down to 600hp, as I engaged early.

There was a full HP mogami left, me and a hatsuharu was stalking it and torping it. We had NC support, but the full health NC decided to turn around and run. The mogami was at 15 klicks. Seriously I called him out why he didn't help. He said he only needed to snipe from range.

Anyway I told him off and called him a coward. If your not going to 3v1 a mogami in a full health NC, then really you have no place in playing this game. Probably doesn't want his paint scratched and pay repairs.

Meanwhile my benson is all bruised up and nearly dead.

/rant lol.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Yep I have to agree with the OP on this one, just had a match where we desperately needed to cap B to try and turn an imminent defeat into a win.

I was heading there at full speed while trying to tell our only CA (Kuma with full health) to do likewise, he was almost there when a enemy StLouis appeared with 672 health remaining and this idiot turns and runs without firing a shot. 

I finish off the StLouis but was still to far away to cap and we lose.

The urge to team kill this moron was very strong. 

Edit. Don't get me started on the cowards that hide behind Islands the entire match, they are always the first on my kill list even if it means my ultimate demise in the process.

Edited by Trojan63

211 posts
9,928 battles

Would you rather the other extreme? 2 games in a row tonight, our top tier BB sailed full steam ahead into the bulk of the enemy dying within the first few minutes, at Tier 7-8 i am amazed that some people still haven't figured out the basic rules of engagement. I can understand the frustration so many times i've sailed into grasp of the enemy bulk to engage thinking the team is by my side to be heavily focused and destroyed or down to 20% health realizing the team has decided to sacrifice me for some cheap max range pop shots avoiding any chance of taking the slightest of damage... . A lot of selfish players expecting the CA/CL's to tank the damage for the BB's

I am finding that skill and tactical awareness becoming a larger discrepancy into the later tier games.

Communication would help but on Oceanic servers there are language barriers, maybe a better map ping system a'la the LoL system. (right click 4 options = caution/danger, missing enemy, heading to and assist me)

753 posts
8,965 battles

I am 22 and have not i any instance 'vented' on the forums, either here or in WoT, on record since 2012 when i came to this server.

Incidentally, a majority of the 30+ aged players i know of would fall in the 17-21 or 30 categories by their behaviour.

The real 'children' here are the people for who think that a game from 5 minutes in the past still matters as of right now as anything more than a learning tool.

If you think that anything you say or do will affect the behaviour or mindset of other people and that they will suddenly give up their ideas, values and experience to find light in your wisdom, you are sorely deluded.

Bottom-line, it really shouldn't be your problem if someone else is unable to give their best at any instance.

The problem, ultimately, is that YOU failed to achieve the result that you wanted.

All praise Buddha incarnate. :D

[AMPOL]
4 posts
5,228 battles

I am sick of the bag the new guy shit maybe you great players should have your own game where you can play with others of your own greatness and us plebs will carry on having a bit of fun.

If you missed the point its just a game if you don,t enjoy it do something else.

112 posts
1,431 battles

I am sick of the bag the new guy shit maybe you great players should have your own game where you can play with others of your own greatness and us plebs will carry on having a bit of fun.

If you missed the point its just a game if you don,t enjoy it do something else.

Yes, but losing battles that should have been easy wins, cannot be fun for the "plebs", as you call them, either.

Now, personally, I have no issue with BBs that hang back(though having you arse hanging over the rear blue line is a tad too far back). Provided they are actually sniping the enemy at range and having an effect on the match....hell, I do it from time to time myself.:playing:

What really pisses me off is situations where you move forward because you have obvious support with you....engage and destroy a target........only to find that all the ships that were right behind you have up and turned tail and joined the "lemming train" heading the other way.....leaving you in your poor little St Louis, all alone, to spew out as much fire as you can, at the majority of the entire enemy fleet now bearing down at you. before being shredded.

And then they sit there and cry when your base is cut off and capped, because the enemy used actual TACTICS!!:sceptic:

This is an example of what seems to be happening more and more frequently. And it is frustrating as all hell.....and I am not that good of a player.....so if it's pissing me off......thats gotta tell you something.

Cheers

Coldbeer

61 posts
1,022 battles

I play smart and lead my battlegroup most of the time... lead BB and first one into the fray. I call the shots and shell load out during the fight...

i die most of the time but overall victory for the team

211 posts
9,928 battles

I play smart and lead my battlegroup most of the time... lead BB and first one into the fray. I call the shots and shell load out during the fight...

i die most of the time but overall victory for the team

/Salute  

to the theme of AC/DC - For those about to rock

27 posts
5,114 battles

well this also happen to me when Im in my North Carolina.. In a situation where Im Tanking against 4 enemies and my teammates are running as [content removed] to save their own skin.. even though there not receiving any damage because all of the BBs and Cruisers are shooting at me..

Seriously.. I know that Cruisers are not durable as Battleships.. but Im not asking for you to tank them! Im asking for your fire support! Im asking you to shoot them! Set them on Fire or Disable their Rudder or Engines.. Because I can't set them on fire using AP and also disable their Rudder or Engines because Im Aiming for their Citadels..

Cruisers nowadays tend to do stupid things.. Some head towards the enemies and get rekt by the enemy BBs.. while others ignore their Team and when they die they blame their BBs or CVs for their death..

Profanity.  Post Edited. User Warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

27 posts
5,114 battles

Yesterday I'm Teamed with an Atago.. and the Atago know his role.. he followed me and support me..

in the mid part of the game.. the enemy Amagi, Myoko and Pensacola manage to sneak and gets near to our Base..Since Im the only fast moving Battleships in my Team I decided to defend our Base.. as I ask for assistance the Atago answer affirmative while the other BBs and Cruisers are chasing after a Mogami and Myoko.. In my mind "why are they chasing after a enemy that they can't even hit? while there are enemies in our base threatening our Victory?"

Hopefully the Atago that came up with me is the one that Help me push the eastside of the map.. and Now we are engaging the enemies once again.. after a Number of Exchanging gunfire with the Amagi.. I completely forgot about the Myoko and He manage to get into a good Torpedo firing position.. Now Im caught in a situation where If I turn the Amagi will Hit me hard and If I stay the 6 torps will hit me..

the Atago is engaging the Pensacola and He came up into a Idea that no other Cruiser did for me in all of my Battleship games.. he rushes to me and catches all the Torpedo from the Myoko.. And Yeah No one will survived that 6 Torps.. But he Manage to launch his Torps to Myoko Hitting it with 2 torps.. and I manage to Kill the Myoko with my Aft Turret..

Then I sunk the Pensacola and Rammed the Amagi.. then the Atago said "Looks like I did the right thing" and I replied "Yeah"

we won the game with 3 ships lost and the enemies are completely annihilated..

Edited by ShAnZiL

61 posts
1,022 battles

Yesterday I'm Teamed with an Atago.. and the Atago know his role.. he followed me and support me..

in the mid part of the game.. the enemy Amagi, Myoko and Pensacola manage to sneak and gets near to our Base..Since Im the only fast moving Battleships in my Team I decided to defend our Base.. as I ask for assistance the Atago answer affirmative while the other BBs and Cruisers are chasing after a Mogami and Myoko.. In my mind "why are they chasing after a enemy that they can't even hit? while there are enemies in our base threatening our Victory?"

Hopefully the Atago that came up with me is the one that Help me push the eastside of the map.. and Now we are engaging the enemies once again.. after a Number of Exchanging gunfire with the Amagi.. I completely forgot about the Myoko and He manage to get into a good Torpedo firing position.. Now Im caught in a situation where If I turn the Amagi will Hit me hard and If I stay the 6 torps will hit me..

the Atago is engaging the Pensacola and He came up into a Idea that no other Cruiser did for me in all of my Battleship games.. he rushes to me and catches all the Torpedo from the Myoko.. And Yeah No one will survived that 6 Torps.. But he Manage to launch his Torps to Myoko Hitting it with 2 torps.. and I manage to Kill the Myoko with my Aft Turret..

Then I sunk the Pensacola and Rammed the Amagi.. then the Atago said "Looks like I did the right thing" and I replied "Yeah"

Good job atago! everything for victory!

She brings honor to the hearts of the IJN

Super Tester
304 posts
2,010 battles

It was really a rare case except I witnessed a few divisions whom they did for themselves only. But I'm so sure that the existence of these players will make this game becoming better and worth-playing...!!!!:)

112 posts
1,431 battles

Sacrifice for the greater good......

Not something you see a lot of in this day and age......

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

I have to say, the Atago was possibly being more considerate of the situation and sacrificing themselves as they knew the repair costs to a North Carolina would far outweigh that of a premium Atago lol (Also a win = more credits )

Such teamwork is a rare thing indeed in this type of game

460 posts
8,276 battles

It's an interesting problem, I start to make a push, have three cruisers with me maybe another BB. Then a enemy shows up and I start fighting, look around a few seconds later and all the support is running away. Doesn't seem to matter if we out-number them or not.

I think there are a few misconcetptions at play.

They think "my guns fire out to X Kms so I should be just about that far away."

or pehaps another one "stronk BB doesn't need support shoot all those ships by yourself."

much like "CV not need move! planes do move for me!"

Another situation I find annoying is when a whole team seems to just melt under the other, often finding myself being the last ship. I've witnessed games where I sank more ships than the entirety of my team combined (I only sank 3 so not impressive). Other games where they were lucky to sink one. I just keep thinking "come on guys at least make a respectable go of it". Is this a situation where perhaps inexperienced players are not being evenly distributed? I guess it's hard to measure who exactly is experienced.

On the other hand, sometimes when the MM doesn't favour you and you win that is glorious! I've played a few times in division where we didn't have any top tier BBs and the other side had a few and we managed to win anyway. Always nice.

It seems to me if you want to be supported the only way to guarantee that is to be in division, and that can work quite well if you plan it with your div mates. Can't always do that, so I guess just make the best of a bad situation.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

It's an interesting problem, I start to make a push, have three cruisers with me maybe another BB. Then a enemy shows up and I start fighting, look around a few seconds later and all the support is running away. Doesn't seem to matter if we out-number them or not.

I think there are a few misconcetptions at play.

They think "my guns fire out to X Kms so I should be just about that far away."

or pehaps another one "stronk BB doesn't need support shoot all those ships by yourself."

much like "CV not need move! planes do move for me!"

Another situation I find annoying is when a whole team seems to just melt under the other, often finding myself being the last ship. I've witnessed games where I sank more ships than the entirety of my team combined (I only sank 3 so not impressive). Other games where they were lucky to sink one. I just keep thinking "come on guys at least make a respectable go of it". Is this a situation where perhaps inexperienced players are not being evenly distributed? I guess it's hard to measure who exactly is experienced.

On the other hand, sometimes when the MM doesn't favour you and you win that is glorious! I've played a few times in division where we didn't have any top tier BBs and the other side had a few and we managed to win anyway. Always nice.

It seems to me if you want to be supported the only way to guarantee that is to be in division, and that can work quite well if you plan it with your div mates. Can't always do that, so I guess just make the best of a bad situation.

I believe the reasons why people are so scared to die is due to the high repair costs...

Fortunately the credit income is being buffed in the high tiers so hopefully.. just hopefully people can play better.

84 posts
4,438 battles

from my point of view because Battleship of tier8 and higher got >20km firing range so here's what some of them think "I can do damage at 20km why should I bother getting closer for higher risk of getting hit by torp" then, when a Battleship run. Cruiser who don't to loss half of his HP by a single salvo from a battleship also run. This make the only type of ship fighting is a DD who run for the cap and CV who is the damage dealer. Meanwhile at mid tier Battleship do not move that fast nor they do shoot at 20km so they need to keep moving forward to get in range.