You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ravenwrath

why not place Subs..

18 comments in this topic

1 post
602 battles

subs should have been a part of the fleet. they should be included in the game... Much like destroyers, they have high concealment and destructive long range torpedo armament but with very low artillery capability and survivability. and they must surface to shoot their torps. average mobility on surface and slightly decreased while submerged... plus they get spotted when using periscope close to enemy ships. while submerged , they wont be able to see anything- this is where sonar comes to place-people would then just listen to their speakers or headset listening to beeps..

ships also will be able to fire depth charges-so that those good looking launchers of it on ships would be more useful than just a display.  whats wrong with that? subs will be a huge game changer :)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

It will be hard if all your DDs are dead, so there none of the ships can do the depth charge and spotting for subs right ?

But anyways if WG find the way they might put it in :great:

and here my subs tour : http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/1988-u-505-german-type-ixc/

Super Tester
2,725 posts

subs should have been a part of the fleet. they should be included in the game... Much like destroyers, they have high concealment and destructive long range torpedo armament but with very low artillery capability and survivability. and they must surface to shoot their torps. average mobility on surface and slightly decreased while submerged... plus they get spotted when using periscope close to enemy ships. while submerged , they wont be able to see anything- this is where sonar comes to place-people would then just listen to their speakers or headset listening to beeps..

ships also will be able to fire depth charges-so that those good looking launchers of it on ships would be more useful than just a display.  whats wrong with that? subs will be a huge game changer :)

Oh gawd... this submarine topic just won't die, ain't it? :sceptic:

Yes, submarines is part of the naval battle. But they never join in as part of the battle group, as they can independently act on their own or in wolf packs during commerce raid or enemy patrol hunting.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Oh gawd... this submarine topic just won't die, ain't it? :sceptic:

Yes, submarines is part of the naval battle. But they never join in as part of the battle group, as they can independently act on their own or in wolf packs during commerce raid or enemy patrol hunting.

Well Das Boot is greatest hits of all time anyways :D:D:D

How about the Surcouf can that one join the battle group ? :trollface:

Super Tester
325 posts
1,711 battles

1) functions of subs and IJN DDs are repeated (sneak and shoot torps, silent capture)

2) speed of subs suck. e.g. a I-type IJN sub, run with sucking 12knots on surface, and submerge with WTF 3knots.

That means before the subs arrived, the enemy ships had already been destroyed by BBs with her long range battery or CV with her high speed squads; before the subs arrived, DD had already captured the bases.

No chance for a sub to show off.

3) It is not possible for a BB to face sub, e.g. one BB vs one subs, BB can only lose or draw. Unlike BB vs DD, BB still has a chance to destroy DD with battery

Edited by AkiiKan

280 posts
3,514 battles

putting subs in the game might be cool or i dont know?

but the depth charges and sonars will be used and then schitth!

if they put the subs in the game the submerge time will be 2 mins only for balance

i read the articles and WG wont put the sneaky sharks so..

U mad?

420 posts
20 battles

It will be hard if all your DDs are dead, so there none of the ships can do the depth charge and spotting for subs right ?

But anyways if WG find the way they might put it in :great:

and here my subs tour : http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/1988-u-505-german-type-ixc/

We have more pressing matter that we now are harder to spot DD because CV players diminished.

460 posts
8,310 battles

Submarines didn't operate in battles like you see in WoWs, they were used for ambushing targets of opportunity, raiding slow commerce ships and providing advance information on fleet movements. The Gato class, a common USN submarine of WWII can only go 20Knts surfaced and 10Knts submerged, it could only really catch a South Carolina. This was one of the better USN Subs. Sure they occasionally caught a warship out, like the Shinano for instance, but they largely weren't involved in ship-to-ship battles.

2 posts
601 battles

i see depth charges on ships so we can blow up ships and it would give dds more to do as well as torping and making you want to rip your hair out but if we had subs dds would use depth charges and also the germans would be more played and the germans would be played more and also i would want to buy a tirpz to rank up my comanders before putting them in subs