Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Smoke screen suggestion

5 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Could it be possible to include an on screen timer that counts down indicating how long you have to remain undetected as this would allow you time to get up to full speed and maneuver before the smoke screen dissipates. Currently it is all of a sudden gone, you are detected and left idle to become an easy target. 

Also perhaps a faded transparent indication on the mini maps that shows where your smoke screen is and its size to make it easier to fully utilize its benefits because at the moment it's hard to judge whether you are in the middle of it or at one of the extremities of it.

724 posts
2,204 battles

Could it be possible to include an on screen timer that counts down indicating how long you have to remain undetected as this would allow you time to get up to full speed and maneuver before the smoke screen dissipates. Currently it is all of a sudden gone, you are detected and left idle to become an easy target. 

Also perhaps a faded transparent indication on the mini maps that shows where your smoke screen is and its size to make it easier to fully utilize its benefits because at the moment it's hard to judge whether you are in the middle of it or at one of the extremities of it.

Well actually, something similar to what you're saying is already in the game.

But it only shows how long the smoke generator is going to keep running.

Before activating the smoke generator:

UIin2PZ.jpg?1

Smoke generator activated, countdown to deactivation: (at this case,16 seconds before smoke generator stops)

UgnSQgj.jpg?1

Smoke generator stopped, cooldown timer: (at this case, 3 minutes 58 seconds before smoke generator can be activated again)

mPwNPjj.jpg?1

I'm no programmer,but if I were to guess, the minimap overlay you were saying might increase the RAM/CPU load. Sometimes even causing FPS drop.

Edit : btw, sometimes,even when you're in a smoke screen, a CA/CL equipped with the hydroacoustic search or a DD can still be able to detect you if they're close enough.

So having a timer telling you how long you will stay undetected is kinda unreliable,or even pointless.

Edited by xDave1337x

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Give on-screen timers for smoke disappearance? The destroyer are already stealthy given how sneaky and devastating they bring. But I'll give you a tips:

- Not familiar with how long the smoke stay on after being deployed though. But according to what I found in NA server, it said the smoke screen will stays for around 65~90 seconds depending on the tier. So you have to guess or be aware of your smoke or the timing.

- As a destroyer inside the smoke, you're detected for 3 seconds when you fired you guns.

- Check your Destroyer's concealment in your port and check your detection range by surface and air targets. Assuming your surface detection is 6 kilometers (km), and your nearest enemy ship is 5 km. Before the smoke disappears, you have to get out of that detection range and stop shooting to survive. Really awareness is important, don't get tunnel vision when you are trigger happy under the smoke.

Edited by Mingfang47

280 posts
3,514 battles

sometimes dd battles in the weed zone can be a suicidal

even that i am spotted and i can't see the enemy while i didnt even fire any torps or shells

smoke timing is pointless..

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

A timer would give a false sense of security. And possibly lead to bad play.

DDs stray out of the smoke all the time. What would happen when a player unknowingly drives out of the smoke, yet the clock shows the smoke is good? 

My Minekaze was spotted and destroyed, but the countdown said there was 10 secs of smoke left.

Sign in to follow this