Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MeloMelonSoda

This game used to be a more fun than this

30 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Kinda thinking about to post about it or not (because no one will listen to me anyways lol) but after watching iChase, its really strike my heart.

This game used to be a more fun than this, i can remember back in the old day i just cannot stop playing, night after night day after day (with or without sleep lol)

But i dont really know why all that feeling fade away little by little, is not like im getting bored or somethings but the game it self is not really fun to play as it used to be.

Anyways this is just whining topic i guess but i know im not the only one that feeling it :D:D:D

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Burnout, probably.

It's not like there's been major changes in the game since OBT. Base gameplay's the same, balances tweaked, but nothing really radical.

My advice? If it's not fun, take a break, go play something else. This is F2P, after all, it's not like you can't just dive in and out again when a fresh update or event hits.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Burnout, probably.

It's not like there's been major changes in the game since OBT. Base gameplay's the same, balances tweaked, but nothing really radical.

My advice? If it's not fun, take a break, go play something else. This is F2P, after all, it's not like you can't just dive in and out again when a fresh update or event hits.

Maybe, prob have to hop back in the Tank :D:D:D

Still i love my Kiev love my Khabarovsk and i want to burn peoples along with my friends, but what iChase saying in his video is what really happened with me and really agree with him. 

1,126 posts

there's down side of chat, when you leave a mouse and button a,w,s.d to type a chat... you lose control of the ship.

if torpedoes show up at that moment... well crap.

anyway, I still one of those still pretty chatty, I warn my team by typing rather than use quick chat.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

my god he whinges a lot.

Its an arcade game, not a sim. Make it to much like a sim and only a small group will play.

Yea i agree maybe due to the all recently Carrier nerf  (because he is Carrier player)

Anyways i think iChase have some point that shouldn't  be just look over such as AA mechanic or scout planes 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

feel the same way bruh~

since i already accomplish having Yamato back in beta test right now i feel like there nothing worth sinking and hearing ppl ship anymore =w= ~~~~

right now just waiting for the Aoki event to see if something fresh pop out~

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

This is why i'm playing at my pace. I only play around 7-8 matches per night, on some good night i could play 10+ matches.

If i'm busy or exhausted, i will skip playing the game.

Oh, and i always play solo.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

we tried manual control of scout planes in Alpha, didn't work out so well. I would like to see maybe sector search added, you launch and then assign a 90 or 120 degree sector for your plane to search in, that may get people to think abit about what they are doing with their scouts.

AA and Secondaries should stay the way they are, I see no real problems with the way it works, for now at least. Maybe in the future when shooting down planes nets you XP/coin, then maybe look at changing it.

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

The game is fine but would benefit from more game modes or scenarios or you know, CW...

All of that will take time to develop, my suggestion to those who are getting sick of the game, play less. I only play 2-5 games a night at most during the week (skipping a few days too).
I then play a few hours here and there on the weekend sometimes.

Anyways end state is that there are a lot of things I want in WoWS which would prevent me from getting sick of it but because it doesn't have them, I just play sporadically and when I feel like it.

:great: :child:

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

according to the patch notes torps are about to become harder to spot in the water, and bb's are going to turn slower to give the "torps a chance to hit". LULZ.

I also only play solo, because you know, dat 15 minute wait if you die in the first 5, and your mates don't...

But I'm enjoying the game, even if I have to put up with being torp and HE spammed.

I haven't played tanks in months because WoT became far too serious, with it's huge success, and then THE MERGE, and the gold farming, and campaign manipulating, etc etc.

I have purchased 2 other red hot titles I don't think I can name here, but they are the 2 top fps games atm, one is about to be released as a movie tomorrow, and I don't play them, I like the pace of wows.

We can't be 15 years old and on meth forever, you know. 

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

On the note about Seaplanes, it isn't as random as he points its out to be. 

When idle, a seaplane will patrol in a clockwise/counter clockwise manner around your ship till a air target is within 3.5km of your ship not the seaplane. The seaplane would then make a B line straight for the first enemy squadron that breached that 3.5km barrier and chase it down till 1)its is destroyed 2) the enemy squadron is 3.8km-4km away from your ship which then the seaplane would find a new target or reset back into its patrol path.

1,126 posts

he probably looking for more flexibility of game. and more skill base than pray for RNGoddess

e.g.

like...... Battleship have 2,000 crewman, what if you can directly adjust those crew into specific part of ship and leveling them of each part

damage control crew have 200 men by standard, I can increase those men so they can respond to fire, flood and module in-cap more faster but doing so mean I have to decrease crewman form other compartment and made them less effective.

or I can increase turret crewmen for faster reload faster turn... etc

or I can even increase overall crew of the ship, compensate by higher fuel and repair cost

make each ship 'difference' even it's the same ship

of cause you have to do that in home port, not in middle of the battle =w=

v

v

v

v

Edited by PGM991

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

he probably looking for more flexibility of game. and more skill base and pray for RNGoddess

e.g.

like...... Battleship have 2,000 crewman, what if you can directly adjust those crew into specific part of ship and leveling them of each part

damage control crew have 200 men by standard, I can increase those men so they can respond to fire, flood and module in-cap more faster but doing so mean I have to decrease crewman form other compartment and made them less effective.

or I can increase turret crewmen for faster reload... etc

make each ship 'difference' even it's the same ship

that would make this game require too much microskill.mp3

you have to pay attention to where you sending your men more then you paying attention to the enemy ship that 5km next to you

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

In English term, it's called MARGINAL UTILITY

The first unit (item/food/life-experience) of consumption of a good or service, yields more utility than the second and subsequent units, with a continuing reduction for greater amounts.

Anything on this world ... this worldly rule will always haunting, everything.

Easy example : Kissing your lovely one in the first time. Damn, the world are crumble to pieces. Even you eat a shit, it will taste like a chocolate. But then, the kissing became daily routine, and after marriage, kissing became a schedule then after years and years of marriage, many old people stop kissing. (This is also happen to Copulate) :trollface:

This is "Veteran" sickness that plague and contaminate EVERY games. Players start fresh and get dazzled by the game in the first play. Then they play it over and over again and reach high level skill and knowledge of the game. The longer you play, the Marginal Utility are depleting, then you will began asking for more. This game are design to all ages, when Veteran asking if things in this game are so simplistic and want everything upgraded to have advance system... how the newbie can follow ? ... again, this is what Veteran's sickness.

I want to give you a very good example of a game that very detail, with a game that more simplistic but sell higher than the first. See a game (or play it if you wish) EUROPA UNIVERSAL vs EUROPA - TOTAL WAR (or any Total War games).

Both are Tactical War Games. Europa Universal are very detailed, perfect tactical war simulation ... but that games will drained your brain. EU are not games built for newbie or easy players. In the end, it's a good game will with low sale rate. On the other side, Total War give simplistic Tactical War simulation system, and new players can learn the game in short of time. I'm not saying Total War don't need brain to play, but to compare with Europa Universal, Total War still can be enjoy without getting your head explode.

So, if Veteran getting asking, requesting and suggesting this game to have more detailed Real World Battleship Simulation ... I think they should search real Battleship Simulation.
Without intent of promoting the game, google & check out Pacific Storm, if you think WoWs are too simplistic and cannot satisfy your hunger anymore.

Edited by MissMeMiss

Alpha Tester
47 posts
1,085 battles

On the note about Seaplanes, it isn't as random as he points its out to be. 

When idle, a seaplane will patrol in a clockwise/counter clockwise manner around your ship till a air target is within 3.5km of your ship not the seaplane. The seaplane would then make a B line straight for the first enemy squadron that breached that 3.5km barrier and chase it down till 1)its is destroyed 2) the enemy squadron is 3.8km-4km away from your ship which then the seaplane would find a new target or reset back into its patrol path.

that would make this game require too much microskill.mp3

you have to pay attention to where you sending your men more then you paying attention to the enemy ship that 5km next to you

then ppl start to ask for setup guide and balance gone worst  , Ex. i put all da crew to yamata armament then i got machine gun with bullet that weight as a car:trollface:

1,126 posts

then ppl start to ask for setup guide and balance gone worst  , Ex. i put all da crew to yamata armament then i got machine gun with bullet that weight as a car

don't be over aggregating =w= even I said it can be adjust crewman it has to have it's limit, it's impossible to cramp all your men in turret anyway.

10 man build 1 house finish in month so 10,000 men build 1 house finish in second??? nah something wrong with those head.

Edited by PGM991

Super Tester
2,725 posts

It's part of human behavior though. It's very fun when it's new, I remember how I spent most of my time at home to participate the limited 3 days Beta Test Weekend back in December 2014 & February 2014. When the game hits Closed Beta Test around April 2015, the "new game" hype dies down after 2 or 3 weeks of playing (depending on players) until new content added which was US Battleships & JP Carriers around May. Then open beta test starts first week of July 2015, the ship grind motivation starts to this point. Blah blah blah new maps, issues, carrier & torpedo rants, re-balance, Krupp & Red ships to present.

So... the motivations for you to have actual fun when there's new ships, game event/missions, 3x first victory, Kamikaze ship, etc.

Overall, that's normal.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

my god he whinges a lot.

Its an arcade game, not a sim. Make it to much like a sim and only a small group will play.

You call it 'whining', which is a common response fanbois frequently use against ANY criticism. Not that I'm calling you a fanbois, but it's not a very edifying response.

Others would say it's not a bad summary of the underlying, core problems with the game.

If you want to drive off anyone who wants any depth, fair enough.

If you want to consider what might be altered without making the game unplayable through complexity then maybe it might be worth listening to.

Me? Nothing new, as I was making most of these points in Alpha/beta and didn't expect them to change, so now I don't really play. Maybe that's a cause for celebration, but then how many have to feel as I or iChase do before it matters?

I do disagree about the CV bits though. He seems to attribute the 'clubbing' to CV skill. Sure, there was skill in knowing how to manual drop, but then the mechanics made it stupidly effective given that skill. As for CVs killing CVs at the start, that was an inevitable consequence of the mechanics.

For all of that, however, I agree with him that you can't end up with a game designed around 4 classes suddenly to have only 3 classes, which again highlights issues with the whole design philosophy IMO.

But, hey, if you're all happy with the game and think he has no validity, enjoy yourselves.

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

You call it 'whining', which is a common response fanbois frequently use against ANY criticism. Not that I'm calling you a fanbois, but it's not a very edifying response.

Others would say it's not a bad summary of the underlying, core problems with the game.

If you want to drive off anyone who wants any depth, fair enough.

If you want to consider what might be altered without making the game unplayable through complexity then maybe it might be worth listening to.

Me? Nothing new, as I was making most of these points in Alpha/beta and didn't expect them to change, so now I don't really play. Maybe that's a cause for celebration, but then how many have to feel as I or iChase do before it matters?

I do disagree about the CV bits though. He seems to attribute the 'clubbing' to CV skill. Sure, there was skill in knowing how to manual drop, but then the mechanics made it stupidly effective given that skill. As for CVs killing CVs at the start, that was an inevitable consequence of the mechanics.

For all of that, however, I agree with him that you can't end up with a game designed around 4 classes suddenly to have only 3 classes, which again highlights issues with the whole design philosophy IMO.

But, hey, if you're all happy with the game and think he has no validity, enjoy yourselves.

I'm sorry mate I thoroughly disagree with you.

It is an arcade game, and it is basically a mirror of tanks.

Yeah sure it's missing some stuff, but both are not 'complex' games.

It's the same thing as whinging about historical accuracy. If you want a sim, go find one IMO

520 posts
11,127 battles

Hey melon!  No worries, we all feel it every now and then with all the games we play... Take A break.... its alright.  My tanks are safely in the garrage... if you need an Extra gun.... Lets do it! :)

Alpha Tester
47 posts
1,085 battles

don't be over aggregating =w= even I said it can be adjust crewman it has to have it's limit, it's impossible to cramp all your men in turret anyway.

10 man build 1 house finish in month so 10,000 men build 1 house finish in second??? nah something wrong with those head.

i might be over aggregating as you said , then it just a little bit different which doesn't bring a fun as this thread stand for.

Alpha Tester
47 posts
1,085 battles

It's part of human behavior though. It's very fun when it's new, I remember how I spent most of my time at home to participate the limited 3 days Beta Test Weekend back in December 2014 & February 2014. When the game hits Closed Beta Test around April 2015, the "new game" hype dies down after 2 or 3 weeks of playing (depending on players) until new content added which was US Battleships & JP Carriers around May. Then open beta test starts first week of July 2015, the ship grind motivation starts to this point. Blah blah blah new maps, issues, carrier & torpedo rants, re-balance, Krupp & Red ships to present.

So... the motivations for you to have actual fun when there's new ships, game event/missions, 3x first victory, Kamikaze ship, etc.

Overall, that's normal.

it's normal as you said but what i worry about is what keep us playing this game (no community[clan,play as a team or even make a friend],no competition).  Many things are more punishment than fun.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

it's normal as you said but what i worry about is what keep us playing this game (no community[clan,play as a team or even make a friend],no competition).  Many things are more punishment than fun.

"What keeps you playing" and what are "many things are more punishment than fun", I may ask? The specifics of your so-called 'punishment than fun'.

It's up to you what keeps you forward though, your own initiative and goal.

I am working my way up to finish the in-game event mission/s, Project R mission/s for the reward ship, grinding target ships, etc. These are my initiatives, although I'm playing on casual-basis as I have other goals in 2 other online games so I won't get bored just playing WoWs.

Edited by Mingfang47

Sign in to follow this