Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xirvis

Developer Bulletin: Update 0.5.2 - What are your thoughts?

51 comments in this topic

892 posts
7,853 battles

Looks like we can expect some (good?) adjustments to the economic model soon. As it is, I've noticed my Hipper can sometimes "bleed" credits in battles that end up in Defeat.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Wonder which achievement WG going to put the Equal Speed Charlie London in because Confederate is fairly easy to achieve (so any player can get it) and is kinda indicator that you helping your team (since you have to damage 20% HP of 6 ships)

I wish it will not be award for some frags achievement :D:D:D

But i really love the permanent camo so i can reduce the maintenance cost on my Tier 10 (so far why no Montana buff lol)

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

The bulletin lists a new achievement "Top Gun" which awards the ESCL flags for sinking 5+ ships in a match. Some can argue that this would definitely encourage getting last hits on enemy ships.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

The bulletin lists a new achievement "Top Gun" which awards the ESCL flags for sinking 5+ ships in a match. Some can argue that this would definitely encourage getting last hits on enemy ships.

All i can see is 

"In this update, we’ve refined the functions of signal flags. Six new flags have been introduced, along with the “Top Gun” achievement, which is awarded to any player who destroys five or more enemy ships in a single battle"

So no indicator that they gonna awarded to Top Gun right? (but yea most likely) but if its true this going to greatly reduce numbers of Equal Speed Charlie London to player so is good for WG i guess :D:D:D

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Everyone better grind out all ships in port that are getting the XP nerf.

My Kongo is gonna get continuously rode like it is the only kids ride at Disney World :trollface:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

My Kongo is gonna get continuously rode like it is the only kids ride at Disney World :trollface:

There no Fletcher on the list so im saved :D:D:D

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

All i can see is 

"In this update, we’ve refined the functions of signal flags. Six new flags have been introduced, along with the “Top Gun” achievement, which is awarded to any player who destroys five or more enemy ships in a single battle"

So no indicator that they gonna awarded to Top Gun right? (but yea most likely) but if its true this going to greatly reduce numbers of Equal Speed Charlie London to player so is good for WG i guess :D:D:D

Yeah it was actually written in the leaked supertest patchnotes so we'll see how things go on the test server I guess. Less ESCL flags gives more incentive to buy premium :D but at least the replacement flags for confederate still help with retraining captains at higher tiers.
Edited by EnochIsHere

892 posts
7,853 battles

Yes, this should be reason for me to get the Hatsuharu ASAP.

Edit : Already researched but not purchased yet.

Edited by Xirvis

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Yeah it was actually written in the leaked supertest patchnotes so we'll see how things go on the test server I guess. Less ESCL flags gives more incentive to buy premium :D but at least the replacement flags for confederate still help with retraining captains at higher tiers.

Well i do love the one that boosts Commander Skills so i can grind my captain faster (DDs really need concealment expert) but anyways Equal Speed Charlie London is always nice to have :(

btw i see what you did there :trollface:  some one gonna get special gift form conan?

724 posts
2,193 battles

Hermelin is getting a significant increase in credit ratio!

BEHOLD,

The mighty yacht with guns,

HERMELIN!

2AGWblz.gif?1

892 posts
7,853 battles

Well, I think that the overall improvement is basically a good implementation from public voices...!!!! :teethhappy:

Yes, demonstrates WG takes feedbacks constructively and makes necessary tweaks accordingly. Alas, whiners will be whiners. These changes will spawn some (dare I say more?) new issues

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Yes, demonstrates WG takes feedbacks constructively and makes necessary tweaks accordingly. Alas, whiners will be whiners. These changes will spawn some (dare I say more?) new issues

Well if i see the issues and i think i have my point ill address it anyways, you can call anyone whiner or whatever you want i think is better than seeing the issues and not saying a things :D:D:D

9 posts
4,586 battles

They reduce credit ratio on Amagi.....

Even in the current state I still lose credit playing Amagi......

Guess it'll be hell next patch.

1,126 posts

normally, I don't really mind about finishing off opponent team ship since xp and credit calculate form overall damage dealt.

in BB even when I can't sink a single one, I can still earn much more xp and credit than those who sunk 2 ship.

so all I think is to halve down enemy HP as much as possible so my teammate don't have hard time finish him off with their faster reload gun.

upon seeing new map..............

beautiful...

ahhhh.......... damn, wish I have more powerful laptop so I can set graphic to maximum T T

Edited by PGM991

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

normally, I don't really mind about finishing off opponent team ship since xp and credit calculate form overall damage dealt.

in BB even when I can't sink a single one, I can still earn much more xp and credit than those who sunk 2 ship.

so all I think is to halve down enemy HP as much as possible so my teammate don't have hard time finish him off with their faster reload gun.

Same as me, except im the faster reload one :trollface:
Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Wasn't Top Gun 6+ ships? 

Also, this would make people hold their fire till they can take the kills. It promotes bad plays.

The purpose of rewards and flags and other such things is to promote MORE play, not BETTER play. If they can get you used to playing with flags that you're not replacing, they hope to get you to buy some or buy premium time, too. Same goes for camo.

Once you realise that you'll learn to ignore 95% of these announcements that are peripheral to the real core of the game, or at least lose any expectation you have that they are interested in game play quality.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Exactly like WoT's "kill X number of tanks from a nation for every nation to unlock this cool tank!" kind of events, except this isn't really an event.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Exactly like WoT's "kill X number of tanks from a nation for every nation to unlock this cool tank!" kind of events, except this isn't really an event.

I know what you talking since on that kind of mission i always complete the amount damage require before the kills count every time :D:D:D 

But in any case i think WG trying to reduce the number of Equal Speed Charlie London even with all the kill stealing i think 5 kills is kinda hard to come by :P

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

^

If they wanted to reduce such things they perhaps shouldn't have given away gazillions?

I still have something like 85+ ESCL (haven't looked as I've not played for weeks), and yet I imagine I only earned fewer than 10 of them

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

^

If they wanted to reduce such things they perhaps shouldn't have given away gazillions?

I still have something like 85+ ESCL (haven't looked as I've not played for weeks), and yet I imagine I only earned fewer than 10 of them

Kinda difference from me, I earned these flags mostly everyday along with Zulu and almost permanently put it on my grind ship (becasue the stock will never ran out) and it really give me boost in term of how fast i can research new modules +  new ship with help from premium ship and Zulu i also can grind credits in time for the new ships :D:D:D

So yea thats my point.

*Edit some of the points

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Super Tester
2,725 posts

As for damage accidentally caused to allies, our data shows that, as expected, the most common reason for this problem is torpedo misuse. In Update 0.5.2, in addition to other measures, we’ve decided to decrease the damage caused by allied torpedoes by 50%.

source: http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/announcement-public-test-052/

Boo~!! Shame. I prefer those trigger-happy torp launching players learn the hard way to improve their battle awareness and pay the damages.

If it's intentional TK'ing via torpedo, kicked out the battle and slap the player with 1 day ban is enough.

P.S.: Those trigger-happy torp launching players need to be aware also their torpedo range. Last time, a Soviet tier 3 DD fire torp at a 7km target and not aware of his surroundings, tk'd his allied cruiser beside him and blame him for being quote: "an idiot". When I explained his tier 3 DD has torpedo range of 3km. <insert facepalm>

Sign in to follow this