Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng

World War I ship battling with World War II ship?

18 comments in this topic

295 posts
501 battles

grinding German cruiser, and than the game force me to battle with Kongo, Omaha, Furutaka. I have the shortest range in game, my shells are in-effective, my armour is completely outmatch by enemy cruiser.

why Wargame even make this super un-realistic move to let a WW1 ship fight with WW2 ship? money? brain-less? 

there should, i mean must have a limit added to match making: ship that served/built in/for world war one should not be with world war 2 ship (except tier 5+ battleship).

it's like you are taking a Yamato and make her go against a Aegis guided missile destroyer, that's two damn era! I don't want to see "Zipang" happening in this game

Edited by yanyatcheng

295 posts
501 battles

What German cruiser you using?

where does your shells hit and how many damage does it make? more important is you using AP or HP?

HE, nearly no damage to enemy target (CL) with all boardside guns fired (10/10 times 0-200 damage), and I am using the tier 3 one

Edited by yanyatcheng

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Sounds like the Kolberg with those rainbow arcs on its guns and only 9km ish range which unfortunately gets matched against tier 5 ships. The only thing I could do in that ship was to duel with enemy destroyers who got spotted.

Edited by EnochIsHere

460 posts
8,276 battles

Actually many ships from earlier periods fought in both WWI and WWII, some were modernised, but not everything was.

Some pre-dreadnaught battleships and cruisers made it to fight in WWI, and even occasionally did quite well. It was actually quite common amongst smaller ships like destroyers.

If you're talking about the Karlsruhe, well it doesn't compare well to the other T4 ships, but any cruiser can be disadvantaged against a BB. Make sure you don't show your side or get too close or you're toast.

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

"Kongo, Omaha, Furutaka"

stay away from these 2, whatever you do, dont go near them

pick some other target such as......St Louis i guess

Edited by CrimsonGabri

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Sounds like the Kolberg with those rainbow arcs on its guns and only 9km ish range which unfortunately gets matched against tier 5 ships. The only thing I could do in that ship was to duel with enemy destroyers who got spotted.

Yes, as a DD I hate Koolburger soo much

edit: Crimson, Don't use RED text

Edited by Conkhead_12

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Kolberg is the support version of St. Louis.

Best played right behind a BB or cruiser that excels at close range combat like Myogi or St. Louis.

Just grab someone for a divison that likes spearheading attacks, learn how to hit targets with high firing arc guns

and you're going to be just fine.

If you don't have anyone to division with follow and support a random player that seeks to get close to the enemy.

In my opinion Kolberg is like the Churchill GC or ARL V39.

Both are great support tanks, but very niece when it comes to their playstyle.

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

Not sure whats your problem facing against WWII ships in a WWI ships.Ships like the  Kuma,Isokaze ,Wyoming and  Clemson can still  give the highter tier ships troubles if played right.

295 posts
501 battles

Thats why I said tier 5+ BB, like Kongo, Myogi, the first hull should be classified as a WW1 ship ans will not battle with something like a Nagato and Fuso. And I got a high accuracy in all of my low tier game, but even I got 100% accuracy, the damage is so low, or even no damage. 

14 posts
5,893 battles

Kongo, Omaha, Furutaka

Kongo was a pre-WWI battlecruiser, Omaha and Furutaka were both designed during WWI but built after Washington Treaty as"pre-treaty treaty cruisers". None of them can be considered as real "WWII ships" so.....

Still, I agree that the earlier german cruisers are imbalanced. I cant even bear with the trajectory and damage of the 105L45 or 150L45 guns,while the ijn 14cm have a reasonable damage effect, the us 6"L53/50 good in both trajectory and damage effect, that made the german ships inferior to even same tier opponents.With the WWI kriegmarine's obession on the 45 caliber light shells it is fact that these cruisers are armed with shitty guns. The only hope for these ship are the equally stupid RN pre-WWI 6 inches 45 caliber cruisers that would not be implemented into the game anytime soon.

My suggestion is, jump to Konigsberg, still a paper-made ship with unproteced machinery and rudders, but her guns are decent.

Edited by cools0812

423 posts
3,175 battles

grinding German cruiser, and than the game force me to battle with Kongo, Omaha, Furutaka. I have the shortest range in game, my shells are in-effective, my armour is completely outmatch by enemy cruiser.

why Wargame even make this super un-realistic move to let a WW1 ship fight with WW2 ship? money? brain-less? 

there should, i mean must have a limit added to match making: ship that served/built in/for world war one should not be with world war 2 ship (except tier 5+ battleship).

it's like you are taking a Yamato and make her go against a Aegis guided missile destroyer, that's two damn era! I don't want to see "Zipang" happening in this game

congrats, welcome to ze German bias...

104 posts
13,828 battles

Some of my best performing ships are the in lower tier German line.

I guess it just proves the importance of individual gameplay and knowing the characteristics and role of the ship you are using and then using it to it's optimum advantage.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Thats why I said tier 5+ BB, like Kongo, Myogi, the first hull should be classified as a WW1 ship ans will not battle with something like a Nagato and Fuso. And I got a high accuracy in all of my low tier game, but even I got 100% accuracy, the damage is so low, or even no damage. 

Isn't Fuso and Nagato are upgraded WWI ships :amazed:?

Even Amagi is interwar design only Yamato is the true WWII ship.

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

I do agree, the range sucks - but you can absolutely SHRED an enemy CL Tier 3/4 if in range. Play her like a gun-toting DD...

HE, nearly no damage to enemy target (CL) with all boardside guns fired (10/10 times 0-200 damage), and I am using the tier 3 one

KM has horrible HE - use AP against any enemy you might pen... For help on this youtube captains academy HE v AP...

Myogi is tier 4.

You will not see a tier 6 match.

Every tier 3 ship struggles in a tier 5 match, cept for maybe St Louis. In tier 5 matches, don't play like you are top tier. And spare a thought for us olde times Furu players... Now THAT was a truly painful grind. Furu now is much better.

You need to learn your ships strengths and weaknesses and PLAY to them. Knowing your own ship is one of the most important things in WoWS.

Kolberg

Strengths:

RoF

Decent Speed

Weaknesses:

Range

HE

Basically you are a CL/DD killer. you have 105s and good AP. and Spare a thought to the Kawachi, which as a BB at your tier only has slightly better range than you and it's a LOT slower. the St Louis is a better BB than the Kawachi and it's a Cruiser.

Low tier KM Cruisers are hit and miss, but tier 5+ are pretty good. I am not kidding when I said you need to play to your strengths and weaknesses, I learnt that the hard way with the old Furu... :amazed:

295 posts
501 battles

I do agree, the range sucks - but you can absolutely SHRED an enemy CL Tier 3/4 if in range. Play her like a gun-toting DD...

KM has horrible HE - use AP against any enemy you might pen... For help on this youtube captains academy HE v AP...

Myogi is tier 4.

You will not see a tier 6 match.

Every tier 3 ship struggles in a tier 5 match, cept for maybe St Louis. In tier 5 matches, don't play like you are top tier. And spare a thought for us olde times Furu players... Now THAT was a truly painful grind. Furu now is much better.

You need to learn your ships strengths and weaknesses and PLAY to them. Knowing your own ship is one of the most important things in WoWS.

Kolberg

Strengths:

RoF

Decent Speed

Weaknesses:

Range

HE

Basically you are a CL/DD killer. you have 105s and good AP. and Spare a thought to the Kawachi, which as a BB at your tier only has slightly better range than you and it's a LOT slower. the St Louis is a better BB than the Kawachi and it's a Cruiser.

Low tier KM Cruisers are hit and miss, but tier 5+ are pretty good. I am not kidding when I said you need to play to your strengths and weaknesses, I learnt that the hard way with the old Furu... :amazed:

I know tier 5+ KM ships are good, got rekt by them b4, but it's just so paintful watching myself getting rekt and being a sitting duck nearly every match

I've played Cleveland for a long time and the firing arc isn't my problem, also as hitting targets, but the damage is just.......OMG. if my shots are valid in a match, I won't complain, but no, I am like a big-ass target that can't fire back 

Edited by yanyatcheng

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Indeed the Yorck with its 51.4s traverse (apparently will be reduced to 34.6s or so) and extremely long shell travel time on its AP shells will be the next painful ship after the Kolberg and Karlsruhe.

Sign in to follow this