Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tossle

Most satsifying / enjoyable kill

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,671 battles

Dont quite remember the DD (apart from US) and cant think of map name however....

I circle an island and sitting there on the far side are 2 immobile enemy CV approx 2km apart. Dont know what they were watching, but it wasnt my DD. I sailed straight up the middle between them, 6 torps to the left and 6 torps to the right. Kaboom and Kaboom.

As a side note, their secondary guns took me down to about 40% hp. But I was happy.

724 posts
2,204 battles

Dont quite remember the DD (apart from US) and cant think of map name however....

I circle an island and sitting there on the far side are 2 immobile enemy CV approx 2km apart. Dont know what they were watching, but it wasnt my DD. I sailed straight up the middle between them, 6 torps to the left and 6 torps to the right. Kaboom and Kaboom.

As a side note, their secondary guns took me down to about 40% hp. But I was happy.

Michael Bay would be proud.

btw good job xD :great:

[TF-16]
Beta Tester
6 posts
1,386 battles

here's mine!

yep firing torps on a CV that's not paying attention is satisfying... especially if you spent a great deal of time flanking xD

close%20range%202___zpsl78dl8b9.jpg

1,126 posts

my most satisfying is not from killing... but from flip utterly defeated to unexpected victory.

shot-15.12.11_03.30.34-0150.jpg

shot-15.12.11_03.30.50-0813.jpg

lessen?.... just... don't let your base empty

Edited by PGM991

14 posts
5,903 battles

A kill with my hiryu. i launched first wave against the target- a nagato, against cruiser AA and catafighter i got only one torpedo dropped from two squads. When i was considering this wave a failure, the torpedo hit nagato below her no.2 turret.... and caused a magazine denotation. that nagato hadnt fire a single shot.

Edited by cools0812

406 posts
6,287 battles

My Favourites are when I 1 salvo a DD at close range in my BB.

Second would be when I get into a Knifefight with an Enemy cruiser and I'm in my Cleveland, with AP loaded - and they go from full health to no health after 2 Salvos with multiple Citadels.

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

Nice work mate! :great:

This is the thing that bugs me - why do we still have  stationary CV problem?

There definitely should be a tutorial series for each class of ship with a big focus on your role and the basics.

Common occurrence: I'm in a Isokaze, Minekaze or Mutsuki. I sneak up somewhere. Enemy CV spots me with planes. There is at least 15km between me and him, none of his allies between me and him.

HE SITS STILL!!!! /rant.

But yeah, better tutorial series and some sort of beginner reminder in game (including audio) for things like 'remember to keep an eye on your mini-map for possible threats', 'be very aware of your allies when launching torpedoes' or 'always give way to bigger ships, they find it harder to avoid collisions than smaller ships'.

295 posts
501 battles

when enemy cleveland be like: you can't kill me! I am here to rekt your team with HE

than he sail right towards my Fuso showing his broadside at 10 km. full health

you know what will happens next :trollface:

or playing ranked, Fuso vs Fuso, 1v1, and than he tried to ram me, unaware I got a ramming flag with nearly full health, well, I turned into him and killed him instead :teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

When I am heavily out numbered in my Tirpitz, bow forward, charging at 2 bb's, a cruiser and a dd, while the enemy is also spamming me with torp planes, and I'm almost dead, and an enemy bb finally grows a pair and gets too close, and I launch a set of torps at him then die. I stick around to watch him blow up from the torps.

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

Last night in a Cleveland - an Atago came round the corner at a range of 5 Km - 2 Salvos and 9 Citadels later, The Cleveland stood proud, whilst the Atago went down to the depths below.

Can't have been me in the Atago then :trollface:

575 posts
5,354 battles

Last ranked in my New Mexico. Fired full broadside at a Cleveland coming from behind an island on Fault-line. 1 round out of 12 hit, that one round obliterated his ship with a magazine detonation.

575 posts
5,354 battles

When BBs of all tiers let my russian DDs into terrible torpedo range and they go boom!

I love to do that, but keep them at +2 km outside of their torpedo range with an 8 to 10 milspec lead (depending on their speed and ship, less if they are slower) and send them all my HE burning love. :teethhappy:

520 posts
11,127 battles

im Loving Random Torpedo Kills.  You launch torps in a General area, with no hint of enemy activity.  A few minutes later...."BOOM:  You have sunk an enemy Destroyer"..... etc etc...

as quoted by a Captn MeloMelonSoda.  "Random... is REAL!"

[KEBAB]
44 posts
5,040 battles

I love torp kills but I really prefer German AP kills. Show me your broadside and I'll show you your citadels. But my most memorable kill was in my Gnevny, same situation as you OP but BBs. I was able to neak up on them and left and right, a Wyoming ang Kongou went to their watery graves. Granted that these BBs are already damaged.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,110 battles

i have an excellent kill with my karlsruhe and konigsberg...would like to share the details but i dont know how to make gif from vid...anyways here how it goes

Karlsruhe, Map: Solomon Island, Mode: cant remember

>be me

>be karlsruhe, and enemy Nicholas chasing me full speed

>turn my aft and run, watch him chase me

>spam HE, a few hit but not so much damage..the usual stuff with Karl

>damn it KARL!

>he manage to stop my engine

>stopped he sail next to me..I release torp..

>he dieded

>???

TOP KEK

Konigsberg, Solomon Island, Cant remember mode

>early in game

>sail past an island..enemy Kuma salvo at me..but miss

>stopped

>wait for kuma to come out, load AP

>Kuma 5km starboard

>1 salvo

>5 citadel + 4 hit = 22260hp loss to kuma..

>instant death

>kuma rage

>i lol'd hardd

Sign in to follow this