Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tossle

Noobs in premium ships

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,671 battles

Hooray for premium ships, lets noobs play in tier 8 without having to earn it.

Was just playing a ranked game in my DD the Benson, playing ocean map and trying to cap A. Torpedo alarm is screaming incoming warning which is warranted as two enemy DD have shot torps at me and an ally DD. Im watching and dodging about 12 incoming torps from front on when BOOOM im dead, WTF did that.

Well WTF it was, was a torp up the arse from a teammate Atago which fired a full spread at A, even though 2 ally ships were trying to cap it. And he was so far from the enemy there was never any chance he would hit them.

724 posts
2,210 battles

I kinda agree with you, I think they should implement a rule limiting inexperienced players from buying premium ships, for example

"Player must have at least xx battles/xx hours of play time/xx account level before purchasing premium ships"

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I kinda agree with you, I think they should implement a rule limiting inexperienced players from buying premium ships, for example

"Player must have at least xx battles/xx hours of play time/xx account level before purchasing premium ships"

That would be a welcome feature but it will never happen because it could have a negative effect on the bottom line $$  :hmm:

724 posts
2,210 battles

That would be a welcome feature but it will never happen because it could have a negative effect on the bottom line $$  :hmm:

You do have a point... :hmm:

74 posts
3,249 battles

I just read an article about allied bombing in WW2 which described a raid in which a bomber dropped a Tallboy (a very heavy British bomb) from a great height and hit another British bomber with it on the way down.

The moral of the story is, friendly fire happens. I've been torped by allies three or four times and on two occasions I've torped allies, usually because they've strayed into the path of my torps during a rather confused and frantic engagement. But in my experience it doesn't happen very often. I've fought over a thousand battles and we're talking about 6 or 7 times total. That's probably a better average for friendly fire incidents than the US armed forces enjoy.

I would support an experience qualification on the purchase of high-end ships, but only if they made it a little easier to grind one's way up the tiers. When you're faced with having to amass tens of thousands of xp points to get to a tier 8 ship, it's very tempting to shell out for one instead.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

All torpedo TK-ing players should be banned.

VgrpmN4.png

Courtesy of Haifisch

Edited by Retia

Super Tester
516 posts
5,751 battles

Totally agree with you guys. i can bear it if this happened in random battel, but in ranked? NO WAY!!!

And if this wont be fixed, i think ranked battle will more be a "luck game"

WG did set a line that only ones who reached level11 can join ranked battle, but apparently it doesnt look look its enough

Edited by yukionfire

Super Tester
509 posts

Its worse to see them in Ranked battles! =P

Wallet Warriors ftw!

I just had a Derpitz decide to sail miles away from the team around the map while we tried to fight a man down. Guess who won? Heck it was even close but because he was cowering miles from battle in his valuable BB it was GG.

Edited by Vyviel

Alpha Tester
28 posts
3,104 battles

Why change a winner for WG with Cash flown, restricting noobs to Tier 4 max and not allowing them in Tier 8 would be like making DD's sink after 6 x 12inch HE hits (or at least making them lose a little more than 1/6th of their health), or restricting DD's to only 3 reloads of Torpedoes, or having CV's take at least 8 mins to turn a Squadron of planes or giving Cruisers realistic rates of fire and realistic damage (not doing the same amount of damage as a BB per salvo)........

None of its ever going to happen, so we just accept its all part of the game and move on.

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU

6 posts
5,912 battles

I agree, it seems there is a bit of pay to win an WG is just after cash. Just have a look at the shit they want you to pay dubloons for. Getting tired of the game.

334 posts
13,034 battles

Ok another whine about the new player thread and this one wants to stop new player's spending money on premium ... interesting so you want to stop a revenue source to the company which develops the game you like playing.

Here's some things to think about because I am a "noob"

Without an influx of new players how long do you think the game will last ?

I never see anyone whinging about the new player on the other team you know the one gives his position away in a destroyer and gets nailed the ones run into islands and are easy meat and all the other mistakes new players make that make them a target and up your kill tally's.

I am not trying to upset anyone my hats off to those outstanding players I have followed in spectator mode in many battles (after dying rather quick) trying to learn and some of you are awesome. 

Sure new players make mistakes as I am sure you top guns did when you started maybe you should try to help them instead of bitch at them.

I will admit there are some who just won't learn but surely most of them are future worthy opponents if given the opportunity and encouragement to do better otherwise you will end up with a small player pool and eventually WG will pull the game because of declining revenue.

I spent my hard earned on this game I don't want to be abused because I am not as good as you guys.

In the overall scheme of things it's just a game. 

683 posts
7,367 battles

Ok another whine about the new player thread and this one wants to stop new player's spending money on premium ... interesting so you want to stop a revenue source to the company which develops the game you like playing.

Here's some things to think about because I am a "noob"

Without an influx of new players how long do you think the game will last ?

I never see anyone whinging about the new player on the other team you know the one gives his position away in a destroyer and gets nailed the ones run into islands and are easy meat and all the other mistakes new players make that make them a target and up your kill tally's.

I am not trying to upset anyone my hats off to those outstanding players I have followed in spectator mode in many battles (after dying rather quick) trying to learn and some of you are awesome. 

Sure new players make mistakes as I am sure you top guns did when you started maybe you should try to help them instead of bitch at them.

I will admit there are some who just won't learn but surely most of them are future worthy opponents if given the opportunity and encouragement to do better otherwise you will end up with a small player pool and eventually WG will pull the game because of declining revenue.

I spent my hard earned on this game I don't want to be abused because I am not as good as you guys.

In the overall scheme of things it's just a game. 

I agreed with you. It would be more environmentally friendly if we try to help new/other players so that they can enjoy the game more. In return we can maintain the total number of active players and continue to enjoy the game.

I have seen quite a lot of players now trying to guide teammates from doing obvious mistakes and communicate with each other. 

But there are also people who verbally insult others in game, which I find it... irritating..

Let's try to make it a better game, shall we? :)

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

Not a bad idea - however I believe I have a better one...

Cannot buy tier # premium ship until you have unlocked a normal tier # ship...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

This remind me when i start playing WoT.

I was like "OMG this tier 3 tank is so horrible.. wait i can get ze Premium Jagdtiger in da shop!!! BUY IT NOWWWWWW" and my first game in its horrible as my tier 3 :D:D:D

575 posts
5,354 battles

Not a bad idea - however I believe I have a better one...

Cannot buy tier # premium ship until you have unlocked a normal tier # ship...

I think the more refined method to this is to allow them to purchase said premium vessel; however, they cannot use it in PvP until they've unlocked a ship in the tier said premium is in. However, they can play it all they want in Co-Op. I believe that is a fair compromise that many, including WG could get behind.

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

I think the more refined method to this is to allow them to purchase said premium vessel; however, they cannot use it in PvP until they've unlocked a ship in the tier said premium is in. However, they can play it all they want in Co-Op. I believe that is a fair compromise that many, including WG could get behind.

That's a pretty good idea too

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

i knew a dude that had 2 premium shi(t)p,, for normal ship he only had Erie while premium one,, well,, pretty expensive Imperator Nikolai and Atlanta,, he didn't even bothered to grind his butt off to tier 2 :sceptic:

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

i knew a dude that had 2 premium shi(t)p,, for normal ship he only had Erie while premium one,, well,, pretty expensive Imperator Nikolai and Atlanta,, he didn't even bothered to grind his butt off to tier 2 :sceptic:

:angry:

It's... Like... 1... Match...

[STGGC]
Beta Tester
162 posts
2,861 battles

:angry:

It's... Like... 1... Match...

ding ding ding! BINGO! only a match in Erie and the other 398 was in Atlanta and Nikolai,, well most of it was Nikolai,, it seems that he getting bullied in hi-tier battle that he quit playing Atlanta :teethhappy:

219 posts
3,367 battles

It's a game.

If WG make premium content available for real-world dollars and if I want to shell out to buy into the game - at whatever level I wish - then so be it.

Put up with it.

Edited by HenryCrun

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

It's a game.

If WG make premium content available for real-world dollars and if want to shell out to buy into the game - at whatever level I wish - then so be it.

Put up with it.

You sir, are the reason why this game is sometimes not enjoyable.

Yes it's a game, and yes, you can purchase premium ships if you like, but without learning the game mechanics beforehand, you will play like a complete muppet and ruin the game experience for everyone else.

I'm afraid the majority of the player base just don't want to "put up with it".

Nobody runs before they can crawl. Learn the basics first,  then battle hard later.

Simple concept.

219 posts
3,367 battles

......... but without learning the game mechanics beforehand, you will play like a complete muppet and ruin the game experience for everyone else......

See....there is an assumption on your part: I never said that I neither declined to learn, or was even uninterested in learning, the basics of the game.

There may be others who couldn't give a damn about taking the time to ease themselves in but, as I said, we have to put up with it. Note I said "we".

The "put up with it" was a pragmatic response.....a realistic acceptance of the fact that we do, indeed, have to put up with it.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

As it is the game is not worth playing with all the really bad players as they have no idea or clue how to play the game.

WG do need to do something about letting the bad players just work their way up the tiers or jump into  the higher tiers with out learning the game in the first place and have no idea what they are doing or how to play each ship class or each nation in the game.

if WG continue to let players with no idea how to play the game just jump into  tier 8 battles for example then all that is going to do is drive away the good players and the paying players as well cuz who wants to play a game where every battle you get is full of players who don't have a brain at all.

The less players you have the less money WG will make.

And the argument of not letting players buy a tier 8 ship when they haven't even played up to tier 3 ​"As it will affect the bottom dollar"  is just stupid as that player will still buy the premium ship when they get to that level anyways and you forget there are premium ships at tiers 2,3,5,6,7 and 8 so as they work up the tiers they can still buy premium ships.

so WG will still be making money regardless and in fact will make more money as more players will buy premium ships at each tier level as they become available to them.

So who wouldn't buy a premium ship at tier 2 and 3 when they are unlocked ? and then buy a tier 5 and tier 6 premium ship as they get unlocked at them tiers as well???

It will also make the player feel like they have achieved something by unlocking that level premium ship as well, instead of it just being another tier level grind it makes the player feel like they are getting somewhere and achieving something.

Sign in to follow this