Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

IJN Gunboats...

8 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

This is one odd gunboat

Pantsuharu, just like Mahan and others, is a gun/torp hybrid.

The benefit of such ships is that both guns and torpedoes are well performing, albeit not as good as dedicated ships.

I.e. Farragut is better for gunning down targets in it's tier, while Mahan can still kinda do it, but is mostly supposed to utilise her torpedoes, too.

Meanwhile Mutsuki while having decent guns is better off utilising a torpedo-focused playstyle.

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,653 battles

I usually go hunt other IJN DD in my hatsuharu like mutsuki and minekaze since her guns do like 600 dmg per hit :trollface:

Unless its a BB I don't bother trying lay down the torp carpet. Her top torpedo do like 62 knot but can be seen from like 2 km away so only idiots or people so deep in tunnel vision would get hit by them.

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

I never thought I'd see the day when this happened, 3 kills and 8 planes shot down in my Hatsuharu, the Catch - not a single torpedo hit their mark. This is one odd gunboat

http://i67.tinypic.com/29y5oxx.png[/img]

It's the first IJN DD with a decent gun. I go the other way and totally use my Hatsuharu as gunboat. I have had a match where i did around 40k-50k damage by guns alone. :child:

Now i'm just waiting for WG to release Akizuki kai :red_button:

Sign in to follow this