Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ReNation

Germany CA's rudder/engine vulnerability

12 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,310 posts

as we already know

German CLs are very vulnerable to engine/rudder knock out. 1 good connected HE salvo from enemy means ur engine or rudder going to red.

i am at konigsberg atm, and konigs still retain that vulnerability. and i think, nurnberg is going to have same fate as her predecessor.

and after those opening above, here is my question.

does german CAs (Yorck above) still vulnerable to engine/rudder knock out easily?

i am at 10k away from getting tier 4 commander skill, i am still considering if i should take last stand or not.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Can't help you with Yorck, but I highly suggest to use the premium Damage Control for cruisers.

20k credits isn't much, especially when compared to dying to fire/module damage.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Lol reminds me of the Yubari, I swear every time you get a hit to the rear deck its the engine or rudder gone

With regards to the skills, I still prefer the Advanced firing training for both my Pensacola and Myoko class CA's as Cruisers AA is worth the upgrade, but each to their own. Not sure how bad the Yorck is, but so far the Konigsberg seems alright module wise

[151ST]
1,016 posts
4,526 battles

ALLLLLLL CLs have a rudder problem, it's called low armour...
CAs still have a rudder problem, it's called low armour
DDs ALWAYS have a rudder problem, it's called low armour...

Basically, low armour ships - you need to learn their play style...

:child:

280 posts
3,514 battles

i agree!! but i think that the germans are focusing the firepower than its self defence  and i also thought that hitler did agree that firepower is better than defense  for me its not! the germans should put 50 50 of it .

My NÜRNBERG get citadeled like a dummy ship   i even thought that the enemy salvos coming to me are nuclear shells LOL!!

That's Wierd that nurnberg easily citadeled! if i can travel through time . i would tell hitler to balance firepower and defense

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Lol reminds me of the Yubari, I swear every time you get a hit to the rear deck its the engine or rudder gone

Ha! Me too... The engine compartment on the Yubari seems to be weaker than those on the Clemson, Isokaze. WG really need to change that... Wish they give us a better, more durable engine. They may remove the torpedo tubes. Fine! Yubari's torps are next too useless anyway.

Still... yeah, German cruisers are certainly not armored beasts like German heavy tanks in WOT. Such an irony when it comes to ships... They used all of their best steel to built tanks. Left only toilet paper for ships.

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Not as often, but if they got hit by BB HE shells or got citadeled the engine usually blew up..

does german CAs (Yorck above) still vulnerable to engine/rudder knock out easily?

No, starting at Yorck, the disable problem is gone

thank you for the info :) now i know that last stand is not a must have skill for the germany CAs :)

Sign in to follow this