Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CtrlAltDa1337

Mechanics-CV-Aircraft

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5 posts
2,227 battles

Hi there, Beta Tester here, i love what has happened to WOW so far, just a few thing that i find could be better balanced, and if anyone agrees that would be cool

Cv class ships i find to be very underpowered, you can see by how many people actually play the Cv class these days (STILL THE COOLEST)

The Dps factor compared to and other ship is very low, for you have to return to the carrier to resupply, every Bomb is only about 1 shells worth of damage, and the hit factor is about on avg 1-3 base(no AA fire), where i believe it should be more around 3-4 base, everyone would agree dive bombers are very weak and would not be chosen if we had a choice of torp bombers and dive bombers (torp bombers are good where they are)

Also that fact that all CL have AA fire and catapult fighters, and even DD have AA fire, and other CV have fighters,this makes it very hard for a CV to even get close to targets. an other point is that 1 fighter could stop 6 bombers from hitting its target, i believe this is OP

EG: 6 fighters would -100% accuracy on bombers and 50% movement speed , 1 catapult or 1 fighter left from a full squad would do the same? i suggest each fighter attacking a bomber squad should take off 20% accuracy (up to 100%) and 10% movement speed (up to 50%)  so if u have 2 fighters left it wouldn't be so effective, also the fact if you had 2 full fighter squads it wont double the effect 

Also the fact that us cv dont get much of a choice for load outs, the (Edited) cv are much more powerful in this mod-loadouts atm(because they have more squads), i suggest  that you get to customize the mod ourselves, maybe I want to have 2 fighters and 2 torp bombers, maybe I want 1 fighter 3 dive bombers, the point is that i would be able to choose what i want to use and not be stuck with no fighters or no bombers (change via consumables what you wish to bring, Fighter Fighter Bomber Bomber) also (like ammo: i want to bring 30 fighters and 10 torp bombers 10 bombers)

IJN have more squards and always able to have from planes then the us in the air at once, and with the perk to add more fighters and bombers, this is stacked and even more the odds are unfair

I suggest  that instead of US have 6 planes and IJN have 4 in the air, you can choose how many you want to take off,  eg, as a US CV i can take off 3 fighters and 4 bombers and 6 torp bombers, this can be used to fix that annoying 1 group has 1 left an other group has 5 left, and also more tactical by not putting all your cards on the tablet at once because once a CV loses all his planes, GG (each CV should have a set amount of squadrons for this , eg t4, 2 squads t5, 3 squads t6, 3 squads, t7 4 squads t8, 4 squads t9, 5 squads t10, 5 squads (for all nations) 

just by the push off the F button once (and some w and s) , you can make it to choose how many you want to take off (1 extra step) 

Note : my % of the game are only a guess, i have no proof of what they actually are, it just a feel it is about that much

Short Summary

1) Dive bombers need work (underpowered)

2) Fighter Mechanic vs bombers

3) Load outs for both USN and IJN (MORE CHOICE AND CUSTOMIZATION) (Type and ammo/amount of planes of each type)

4) Choice how take how many take off

Thank you all for reading and I hope people have the same views as me

Of course if you disagree just say so, im sure many people have different ideas but one thing is for sure, we all want to make this game better and more fun for all

(sorry if its a bit messy)

Edit: suggests  Also if IJN planes can have kamikaze attacks options when a player knows if they wont make it back to their CV (acts as 1 bomb/shell)

Edit: Dive Bomber Accuracy Based on BB Class size(also USA 6 bombers)Currently About 1-3, I believe should be 3-4 (BB/CV Size ships)  /  currently 0-2, believe should be 1-3 on CL class and 1-2 on DD class

With AA fire, it would be alot harder to hit(about 1/2 of the proposed). Im sure bombers didnt drop their bombs while not underfire and know they will miss by not being near a ship (some planes miss by like 1 km in game)

Derogatory Comments, Posted Edited, User Sanctioned

~lengxv6 

Edited by CtrlAltDa1337

Beta Tester
5 posts
2,227 battles

Example

The mechanic i propose will work like this

The start of the game, all planes will be in storage, and i will choose to service them on the deck

squad 1 will use 4 fighters, squad 2 will use 4 bombers squad 3 will use 2 fighters

once i selected what i want, then the aircraft will be serviced and then ready for take off

once planes return to the CV, they will directly go back into storage and then repeat

420 posts
20 battles

This, for lower tier CVs. Higher tier CVs are subjects for being OP. I was using North Carolina, destroying 30 planes, but they keep comin', because Essex's loadout is 90-100 planes.

At my first sight about this game was..."WTF, CV and DD can be used to fight BBs in a small map, where each player should sail a balanced machine against others".

1. Dive bomber is good, if you're using USN CV. They're particularIy effective when destroying another CV.  read it somewhere that WG will enable player choose between AP and HE bomb.

2. I think when a bomber being engaged by a fighter, it would move at 120% speed instead lol. Speed reduction shown at this game is ridiculous. Fighters don't shoot tractor beams.

3. Idk, but would be glad to see more variations.

4. Launching all on tablet is what would called as OP, it is not a risk management, instead a power balancer. IMO, would be more simpler if we can direct each plane individually. Space marines don't came in a pack of six.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Space marines don't came in a pack of six.

But they are Space Marines.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

One problem that I see with having custom load outs is this:
What stopping an USN player roll 90% fighters and 10% torpedo bombers and completely shutting down any air power that an IJN CV could project since, generally speaking, USN Fighter aircraft are better then their IJN counterparts and now both faction's aircraft numbers have been more or less "uncapped". 

280 posts
3,514 battles

i agree that we should be able to change loadouts and this reminds me something but i dont remember..:hmm: But!! This should make everyone comfortable and not confused of that flight deck loadout thingy and will make carriers balance cuz my i hate my bogue while zuiho can get 1 1 1 i guess?  also i wish that fighters can carry rockets . dont know WG will agree or not but the important is we nyugguhs can change loadouts

Edited by Vorshlaghammer666

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Well, it is stupid to see carrier players who are obsessed with doing damage on enemy ships instead of using their fighters to help the team out. Carriers are certainly not UP if you know how to play. Even with Yamato, a noob will always complain her to be UP. Like Zwelivelle said, Space Marines don't come in a pack of six. You said no one wants to play carriers because carriers are UP. No... Because playing carriers sucks. If you tell me to play carrier, i rather play a real-time strategic game. Get out there, facing enemy and dodging their shells is much more interesting than camping in a corner of the map, clicking...

Beta Tester
5 posts
2,227 battles

One problem that I see with having custom load outs is this:

What stopping an USN player roll 90% fighters and 10% torpedo bombers and completely shutting down any air power that an IJN CV could project since, generally speaking, USN Fighter aircraft are better then their IJN counterparts and now both faction's aircraft numbers have been more or less "uncapped". 

Thats Good for the other team, that means any ship can almost take out the Cv once he gets close, having all Fighters isnt the best idea, but it always depends on the match up

but if they do remove the cap, they can always balance it off, with a rng system instead of stat system. there many idea they can come up with

Beta Tester
5 posts
2,227 battles

Well, it is stupid to see carrier players who are obsessed with doing damage on enemy ships instead of using their fighters to help the team out. Carriers are certainly not UP if you know how to play. Even with Yamato, a noob will always complain her to be UP. Like Zwelivelle said, Space Marines don't come in a pack of six. You said no one wants to play carriers because carriers are UP. No... Because playing carriers sucks. If you tell me to play carrier, i rather play a real-time strategic game. Get out there, facing enemy and dodging their shells is much more interesting than camping in a corner of the map, clicking...

Everyone has their own opinion, i like to have different options 

I dont base my judge on how well/not well i play

i look at the simple stats

even tho the devs have made the carrier more of a support role like scouting and protecting allies

comparing just the bombers alone, you can see the difference torp and dive bombers

6x 1000-1500(he) avg damage bombs+fire damage(if they hit) or 6x 7000 avg damage torps -depends of skill to aim

or the dps between any ships and the CV (cv is burst damage)

i can understand if a cv has like 6 bombers incoming to attack 1 ship can be overwhelming, but the simple fact is air can get taken down too easy, with DD or Cl aa support, or just 1 squad of fighters can stop 3 bombers squads as they attack by rotating as they go for their dive (so unfair for the attacking cv)

i find them to be under powered, based on this, and from my exp, not everyone will find it to be the same, but saying that its not UP due to the fact you dont like cv and find it boring? well buddy, move along

280 posts
3,514 battles

what im trying to say is make fighters and bombers 50 50

as i didnt even got 50  50 of my whole life

yes . i really like to help my teammateys from being attacked by enemy chicken egg bombers

but can't you also get a lot of damage to ships so you can get more xp and creditz..?

334 posts
12,979 battles

what im trying to say is make fighters and bombers 50 50

as i didnt even got 50  50 of my whole life

yes . i really like to help my teammateys from being attacked by enemy chicken egg bombers

but can't you also get a lot of damage to ships so you can get more xp and creditz..?

And this is the whole problem reward for effort is biased to damage caused. I keep reading threads Carriers need work Battleships are not competitive yada yada the problem here is a team based game is using individual damage scores to reward players making everyone think only of their scores xp and income instead of team winning.

420 posts
20 battles

I do think that CV is need a rework tho. BB at the other hand shouldn't.

I do think that dodging shells are more fascinating than playing half baked RTS style when using CV like NguyenArchitaku said.

A total rework, or just simply erase CV and DD from the game to maintain general balance if they can't do it.

Because DD survivability is tightly related to CV.

At the first glance, if we're driving a historically accurate ships, at least for the power comparison, and assuming each ship can spot and hit perfectly, in daylight and clear weather. BB should easily defeat CA and DD. Some BB have secondaries as big as cruiser gun. And main gun that out ranged even long lance torpedoes.

CV within BB range should be defeated easily. Some map at WoWs put CV already at Myogi or Kongo BB firing range for example.

CV should defeat any other ships when unchallenged, from much greater distance.

Don't bring how historically inaccurate BB were or any other elements that make it difficult to do so, because this is a paper simulation to make a game.

Without RNG and dispersion thing, at computer game, BB should own the other type of ships. Just imagine you're a Gnevny skipper with 14k HP being hit with 10 BB shells 20km away. This could happen at a game without RNG and dispersion. You know how easy it is to aim things at game given there're no other external factors to hamper the aim.

How WG put in things to make this paper flat, to some extent, the game is balanced, at least they tried to. Just imagine how much effort for doing this. Like to flatten a mountain. You who used to hike a mountain would later complaint why the peak is flat.

Edited by Zwelivelle

Sign in to follow this