Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HenryCrun

Tirpitz re-introduced in North America

18 comments in this topic

219 posts
3,469 battles

A friend in the US sent me a message that Tirpitz was back.

So what did I do....went and bought it, received the "This will appear next time...." message.

Guess what?

It doesn't appear!!

Looks as if that AUS$91 dollars went down the drain faster than a toilet flushing.

[HOTA]
104 posts
14,083 battles

Your account is server based and you cannot purchase ships across different servers, i.e. have an SEA server account and expect a purchase on the NA server will show up in your SEA account.

You can try and have it transferred, but WG are not always willing to do this.

You are correct on one thing though...your money went down the drain.

Edited by Angelus_Mortis

1,080 posts
3,888 battles

As long as the versions of the game are the same on the different servers,you can follow the instructions in this thread to enable the NA server option on you existing account: 

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4690-how-to-change-server/

You'll be starting from scratch though there.

219 posts
3,469 battles

Why did you buy a ship from the NA server?

Because there was absolutely NO WARNING that in doing so it would not be usable on either of the other two servers!

WG are remiss in not providing such information.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You might want to re-read the EULA that you hand-waved.

You also have the right to request for a refund within 14 calendar days without giving any reason, but you need to send the ticket to support at once.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/200/22/did-i-just-purchase-gold-on-the-wrong-server

Edited by Haku

219 posts
3,469 battles

You also have the right to request for a refund within 14 calendar days without giving any reason, but you need to send the ticket to support at once.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/200/22/did-i-just-purchase-gold-on-the-wrong-server

The EULA doesn't hold water under Australian consumer laws, but thanks for the advice on requesting a refund.

Ticket submitted.

219 posts
3,469 battles

As long as the versions of the game are the same on the different servers,you can follow the instructions in this thread to enable the NA server option on you existing account: 

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/4690-how-to-change-server/

You'll be starting from scratch though there.

Tried that....followed all the info and edits but although it now shows an option to choose one or the other server it makes no difference - the game still only comes up on the SEA server.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

The EULA doesn't hold water under Australian consumer laws, but thanks for the advice on requesting a refund.

Ticket submitted.

Yeah, because online sellers are interested in national laws...

That's also why the german consumer protection office successfully sued Valve over it's refund policies.

Oh wait... that never happened and in the end the only thing that made Valve add the current refund option was money.

(Just a quick bit of history: They actually sued Valve several times over this, even successfully, and nothing ever changed up until

UPlay and Origin started removing their buggy nonsense and GOG appeared, yay for laws protecting us \o\ \o/ /o/)

Edited by Retia

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Tirpitz was back on the Asia server like, less than a month or so ago. Probably a couple months before its rotated back on.

You can get refunded on your purchase if you haven't played it on your NA account - but deal wih NA support, not the Asia one. Next time, check if you're purchasing things on the right server.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

dam you beat me to it .

219 posts
3,469 battles

Next time, check if you're purchasing things on the right server.

Oh, you can be sure of that!

And maybe WG could place a simple but clear warning on their sale items as well. You know...something like CAN ONLY BE USED ON THIS SERVER!

Red text.  Post edited, user warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
40 posts
10,626 battles

Red letters. You might wanna change that.

On the topic, I thought it is pretty obvious that an item purchased on a particular server can only be used on that particular server. I mean why else would they set up different store for every server with different item on sale. 

You also should already know that you cannot log your Asia server's account into NA one, which mean you had made a new NA account right before you purchased the ship. That fact, I think is enough to give you the hint that NA and Asia server account are two different things and your progress + ships are not shared between the two.

Then again, everyone makes mistake. Hope WG is willing to transfer your ship to here.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Considering that by default, location services means you'll be redirected from worldofwarships.com (the NA site) to worldofwarships.asia (the Asia site), that the two sites are distinct and different, that the Asia account login won't even work on NA, you've likely had to go through several rounds of checks indicating that perhaps you were attempting to buy from a premium shop on the wrong server.

In any case, there should be no issues with the refund if you don't play on the NA server.

1,080 posts
3,888 battles

Tried that....followed all the info and edits but although it now shows an option to choose one or the other server it makes no difference - the game still only comes up on the SEA server.

Strange,was working when before the NA Halloween event.I installed the NA version separately to get it working,and have just been updating both versions since then.

If you aren't able to get a refund then you can install the NA to a different folder to use it.

Sign in to follow this