Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

So i am loving the ranked battles but...

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I had to take a break from the game for a while and when i came back i was excited to see the ranked battles are now a thing and they are a hell of a blast with the teams communicating well with each other and because of the skill shown by the player base you never know which way a battle will go and the tide can turn within a minute and suddenly you are winning/losing (Honestly the best game mode in any wargaming game i have played in my opinion :medal:)

Edit:

Well i was wrong about the tier 9/10 thing which is great news haha, still would be nice if something like Deathskys suggested was implemented where you can play the lower tier ships in ranked battles after a certain rank without gaining/losing a position, simply because them battles are fun yo. 

but there is just one tiny problem... Well for me anyway, after reaching rank 10 you have to start using tier 7 and 8 ships and i am assuming at rank 5 that will become tier 9 and 10 ships... i am still a couple hundred million credits away from getting to tier 10 ships despite the fact i am at tier 8 on two lines already lol, and considering i do not have a premium account at the moment because i lost about 67 days worth of premium time while i was unable to play i am just going to be incapable of doing many more of these ranked battles, after doing 22 i am locked out of ranked battles until i grind another 44k experience on my north carolina (otherwise i will be going into ranked battles with a stock hull) and then after reaching rank 5 (please correct me if i am wrong about this) i am assuming i will need a tier 9 or 10 ship which i simply could not afford to pay for unless i did literally thousands of tier 5/6 battles in randoms during this season...

So my main question is, why are you not allowed to use lower tier ships after a certain rank? 22 battles of fun then having it cut off there because da ding rank 10 seems kind of a buzz kill. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

753 posts
8,965 battles

I was not aware of this fact so I guess that I will not be going past rank 10 either which is a pity as I too have come to really enjoy ranked battles. In my opinion they should separate the tiers and the awards given accordingly with even a tier 3/4 bracket as well.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Because Ranked Battles aren't meant for fun.

They are meant to be won.

But your point is valid I guess. It shouldn't be unreasonable to allow you to play back lower tiers (though Stars will not be awarded since moving up to a higher tier makes the battles more challenging)

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Huh? Who said you needed tier IX-X ships for Rank 5 and above?

cNuRpxk.png

Ohh so it is tier 7-8 until rank 1 that is re assuring. 

Still would be nice if you could keep using the tier 5-6 ships though, tier 7/8 ships are all quite honestly the worst ships in the game lol (bar the new ones i have no opinion on them yet) 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Because Ranked Battles aren't meant for fun.

They are meant to be won.

e4TipJf.jpg

They may be meant to be won but it just so happens that random battles are painful after playing with competent people lol, i like your idea of not going up/down in rank using the lower tier ships after a certain rank. 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

e4TipJf.jpg

They may be meant to be won but it just so happens that random battles are painful after playing with competent people lol, i like your idea of not going up/down in rank using the lower tier ships after a certain rank. 

We do have both.

Ranked battles are meant to be won.

Winning is fun.

I play for fun. To have fun I win.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

We do have both.

Ranked battles are meant to be won.

Winning is fun.

I play for fun. To have fun I win.

But thats my problem lol, i now have to go do 20 random battles that i do not want to do in north carolina to be able to play a ship i don't even want to be playing in ranked battles, so in other words i have to grind a Mogami to keep having fun. 

Or wait... i get it now.... Wargaming wants me to buy an atago the sneaky buggers. 

But seriously i would even rather play my cleveland in tier 8 battles than be forced to use the New orleans or pensacola.. it is still a better ship than both of them and i think i would rage quit the game before unlocking mogami again and i don't even want to try and use a bb in ranked battles it is just no fun, bb's are only fun when you can citadel hit scrubs who never angle their armour. 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Whats wrong with the NC and Ranked Battles?

Reloading for 30 seconds to do 2-6k dmg because you can only get shots on a super structure is just no fun when you can do the the same damage over the course of 10 seconds with a cruiser, meat shield and all that it is just less fun than random battles where you get them big meaty citadel hits left right and centre which makes the 30 second reload worth while. 

Basically BB's are only fun if you are fighting noobs it seems. 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Reloading for 30 seconds to do 2-6k dmg because you can only get shots on a super structure is just no fun when you can do the the same damage over the course of 10 seconds with a cruiser, meat shield and all that it is just less fun than random battles where you get them big meaty citadel hits left right and centre which makes the 30 second reload worth while. 

Basically BB's are only fun if you are fighting noobs it seems. 

Thats the point of BBs?

Youre meant to tank for your supporting CAs while citadeling their CAs?

I've been doing that and it nets me the win most of the time because their BBs were too focused on me.

(Because BBs can repair while CAs cant.)

Edited by Deathskyz

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Thats the point of BBs?

Knowing what a bb should be doing does not exactly make it more fun haha, i would still have to do 20 random battles in NC so at least 5 hours of battles i do not want to do in it to be able to use it in ranked battles and even then i would not be having the fun i was having in my cleveland doing ranked battles because it is a dirty fat and slow bb with a slow reload lol. Surely the Cleveland should be allowed in tier 8 matches lets stop denying the truth and all admit it is a tier 8 ship at heart already, who cares about the 203mm guns they are terrible until des moines gets them. Thing has a longer firing range, higher dpm, better maneuverability and better AA than the tier 7 and 8 ships so idk why it would be outlandish for it to be fighting them in ranked battles. 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Knowing what a bb should be doing does not exactly make it more fun haha, i would still have to do 20 random battles in NC so at least 5 hours of battles i do not want to do in it to be able to use it in ranked battles and even then i would not be having the fun i was having in my cleveland doing ranked battles because it is a dirty fat and slow bb with a slow reload lol. Surely the Cleveland should be allowed in tier 8 matches lets stop denying the truth and all admit it is a tier 8 ship at heart already, who cares about the 203mm guns they are terrible until des moines gets them. Thing has a longer firing range, higher dpm, better maneuverability and better AA than the tier 7 and 8 ships so idk why it would be outlandish for it to be fighting them in ranked battles. 

As I said. The point of Ranked Battles is to win. If you want to have fun, theres CoOp battles.

If you want a Cleveland in High Tier RBs, go get a Mogami. Whine as you may but they wont be changing the format any time soon.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Thats the point of BBs?

I've been doing that and it nets me the win most of the time because their BBs were too focused on me.

(Because BBs can repair while CAs cant.)

Wait...tank in the North Carolina? Tanking isn't something I'd say was a viable option in a BB that has less armor protection than the New Mexico and Colorado. Especially when it's gun dispersion is the second worst along with the Iowa behind the Montana.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Wait...tank in the North Carolina? Tanking isn't something I'd say was a viable option in a BB that has less armor protection than the New Mexico and Colorado. Especially when it's gun dispersion is the second worst along with the Iowa behind the Montana.

Neither does the Amagi. BBs have repair party. No. The Atago does not count because lolcitadel.
Edited by Deathskyz

Super Tester
509 posts

Yep the only reason to play Ranked battles is to WIN. Its meant to be a mode for competitve players and they try provide appropriate rewards.

The higher level ships are there to weed out the noob players and give them a goal to work towards. (Hoping people at T7-8 learn to play well though many times they still don't haha)

Ranked is still a work in progress so any feedback is valuable for the devs.

My main issue is trying to grind Project R missions that aren't valid for Ranked and with the terrible queue times.

Edited by Vyviel

[APS]
80 posts
6,439 battles

My only rank VII is a CV, so now I'm rank 10 that's it. The matching seems to be really anti CV. Sitting here with 2 CVs and twice we're left behind.

And now the other CV gave up.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Ehh i stopped caring anyway i have already rage quit the game again over this until next patch, time to try out the new updates in tanks. 

All they had to do was keep ranked battles at tier 6 but no, they had to make the best ranked battles played in literally the worst ships tier for tier in the game.... 

Idk why you guys have something against the game being more fun.... it is a game for christ sake it is supposed to be fun....

At least it was fun for 22 battles i guess, maybe next patch time they will do it right.

Still no idea why this game was released, Should have stayed in BETA for at least another 3 months after today.... But then considering how little actually did change or even get tested during OBT and CBT that really would not have changed anything now would it.... 

753 posts
8,965 battles

Spent a good deal of my project R premium time grinding the Myoko so I could continue with the ranked battles. Big mistake and an expensive one, at this level you would expect most players to have some idea about team work, the role of their ship and the objectives. Alas this seems even rarer at this level.

I never went past tier 4 before due to the horrendous MM at tier 5 and above so I thought this mode would be a good opportunity to play higher against evenly match opponents, tier 5/6 was good but 7/8 is full of selfish players that are to worried that their shinny ship might get scratched.

I'm no great player by any means but I support those going for the objective or in trouble (who usually leave me holding the position to escape from any confrontation) yet rarely do I see any cohesive effort at this level.

I'll continue to the end of this season but then it's back to tier 4 for me.

Edit. Forget my last statement about continuing considering I am running at a loss. 

Edited by Trojan63

Sign in to follow this