Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Torpedo Academy Mandatory

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

My first 3x exp win of the day was wasted when a friendly Minekaze torpedoed and sank me at point blank range in a DD knifefight.....Can we please have a mandatory torpedo training tutorial for newbies

*Rant Over, still salty

295 posts
501 battles

Well, there's alot of guys out there playing games just for "playing games", but they never notice their brain isnt good enough to unstand some simple mechanics and stop playing them. We can do nothing, theres thousands of tutorial and video about WoWS, but they just refeuse to learn or they are too bad to learn anything

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Run as many academies as you like and it won't matter. A Minekaze is tier 5 FFS, do you think that cretin is ever going to learn to think of anyone other than themselves?

The ONLY way you will ever address this behaviour is when you have an automated system with penalties sufficiently harsh people WILL avoid doing whatever incurs the penalties.

Simple example? That Minekaze that sank you? Under my proposed system that person would, once the battle is ended, find their Minekaze locked for 24hrs and a big message across it in the port screen saying "You killed a friendly. This is unacceptable. You are not able to play this ship for HH:MM:SS. Further team kills/damage by you will attract GREATER PENALTIES. You have been warned."

You fire a torp and it hits a friendly? It's YOUR fault. Always. No possible alternative.

Every time you do it you should get the ship in which you did it banned for 24hrs AS A MINIMUM.

I'll bet you that would cut out a very high % of it.

But it won't happen because WG couldn't give a **** about game play quality v quantity (banning someone in ONE ship for being a stupid douche might stop them playing, and we can't have that), and just as bad are the many soft-roosters and kittens who ask "what if it's not my fault?" as though it can ever be anyone ELSE'S fault if they shoot/torpedo a friendly.

So expect to see this **** for as long as you play. 

Edited by Steeltrap

38 posts
4,571 battles

Run as many academies as you like and it won't matter. A Minekaze is tier 5 FFS, do you think that cretin is ever going to learn to think of anyone other than themselves?

The ONLY way you will ever address this behaviour is when you have an automated system with penalties sufficiently harsh people WILL avoid doing whatever incurs the penalties.

Simple example? That Minekaze that sank you? Under my proposed system that person would, once the battle is ended, find their Minekaze locked for 24hrs and a big message across it in the port screen saying "You killed a friendly. This is unacceptable. You are not able to play this ship for HH:MM:SS. Further team kills/damage by you will attract GREATER PENALTIES. You have been warned."

You fire a torp and it hits a friendly? It's YOUR fault. Always. No possible alternative.

Every time you do it you should get the ship in which you did it banned for 24hrs AS A MINIMUM.

I'll bet you that would cut out a very high % of it.

But it won't happen because WG couldn't give a **** about game play quality v quantity (banning someone in ONE ship for being a stupid douche might stop them playing, and we can't have that), and just as bad are the many soft-roosters and kittens who ask "what if it's not my fault?" as though it can ever be anyone ELSE'S fault if they shoot/torpedo a friendly.

So expect to see this **** for as long as you play.

Hey hey hey whats with the Minekaze bashing lol... I finally just upgraded to the one above it.

I've suffered my fair share of being team killed by careless use of torps by others and admit to the heinous crime of having done it myself accidently.

Sometimes you need to take risk for the win and the greater good overrides the risk. Also some friendlys move fast and change direction when you think they were headed off somewhere else.

I don't think there's an easy fix outside having a semi genorous allowance before sanction. And in real war you always have a bit of blue on blue....

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Hey hey hey whats with the Minekaze bashing lol... I finally just upgraded to the one above it.

I've suffered my fair share of being team killed by careless use of torps by others and admit to the heinous crime of having done it myself accidently.

Sometimes you need to take risk for the win and the greater good overrides the risk. Also some friendlys move fast and change direction when you think they were headed off somewhere else.

I don't think there's an easy fix outside having a semi genorous allowance before sanction. And in real war you always have a bit of blue on blue....

See, didn't take long for some soft-rooster kitten to come in and pretend it's OK to sink some friendly because 'oops, we all do it'.

Newsflash: no, we DON'T all do it. Only the selfish cretin who thinks that "I was trying my best" is any consolation for the person whose game you just ended AND who will lose FAR more in repair costs than the pathetic compensation system will give them.

And in war a commander who did such a thing would most certainly face a court martial and, at best, probably never command another vessel at sea unless there were VERY unusual circumstances. I know of one u-boat commander who faced court martial for sinking a blockade runner in WWII, for example, and he was cleared because the vessel didn't follow correct protocols upon nearing Europe and thus was sunk by a u-boat as it was disguised as an Allied merchant ship.

So, no, those of us who have their games ended far too often by cretins with all sorts of pathetic excuses aren't interested in hearing a load of BS as to why we were sunk by friendlies. We want them banned for a while AND to pay ALL THE COSTS of our repairs until one of two things happen:

1. they learn not to fire where they might hit a friendly (and accept that they will be penalised if they do), or

2. they get sick of being banned and **** off to some other game that welcomes selfish cretins.

I have had days where I was TKd in 2 of the first 3 battles, for example. We won those battles, so I got screwed in every way possible: achieved nothing, didn't even get compensation that covered the real repair costs, and then got my 1.5x or 2x or 3x that added up to SFA. All because some moron thinks they should be allowed to sink friendlies and just say "ooops".

Of course WG will do nothing because they're entirely lazy when it comes to enforcing parts of the EULA that require them to make any intelligent effort AND particularly so if the consequence is anyone being unable to play even for a minute and even when that player is doing stuff 99.9% of players would say they don't want ever to happen when they play.

I have ZERO sympathy for those who TK, and contempt for those who do so and then think they should sail on unpunished and that the person whose game they just wrecked should 'get over it'.

**** that sort of thinking and **** those who suggest it. It's easily fixed; the fact it hasn't been tells us all we need to know.

Edited by Steeltrap

51 posts
504 battles

While I totally agree that by tier 5 these morons should not endanger friendly ships with their torps, how about an aid of some sort?

You could have an indicator, like the grey one that tells you where to aim your torps only it could be a bright red one flashing "DANGER OF HITTING ALLIES" or somthing

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Newsflash: no, we DON'T all do it. Only the selfish cretin who thinks that "I was trying my best" is any consolation for the person whose game you just ended AND who will lose FAR more in repair costs than the pathetic compensation system will give them.

Courtesy of Haifisch:

VgrpmN4.png

33 posts
1,334 battles

Why not provide captains with better tools to avoid friendly fire? When firing torpedoes, in addition to displaying target's interception angle in white, mark potential intersection with friendlies in red, and if someone fire at the red angles, the player in the torpedoes' way is  immediately alerted that they are about to run into torpedoes from their team. In addition, the vectors of torpedoes launched by friendly ships should be projected on the screen to give the captains on the receiving end better clues on where to dodge.

33 posts
1,334 battles

Or much simpler, no friendly fire damage.

That forseeably leads to heavy torpedo spamming without checking what's in the way at all. The only no FF I would agree on is for secondaries as their shell arcs are totally crazy.

420 posts
20 battles

That forseeably leads to heavy torpedo spamming without checking what's in the way at all. The only no FF I would agree on is for secondaries as their shell arcs are totally crazy.

Only lower tier DD can do that. Well, we do spam torps regardless friendly fire or not, that's why this kind of thread exist.

51 posts
1,163 battles

i've had my share of TKs when i started the game..

now i haven't torped an ally yet, except for that treacherous mutsuki that torped our CV... 

anyways, i'm less afraid of the DDs torping because, well unless the captain is a pu i mean cat. they should be ahead of the damn team.

the jap CA randomly torping are what gets me rattled.

your stopping in the middle of your smoke and melting BBs with pew pew guns and "" friendly torps..

dodging them is an option though...

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Which does nothing more than reduce the game to being suited to completely skill less players.  

This game is full of a few skill less players now!

No FF should be introduced as a measure of protecting a real players sanity.

520 posts
11,127 battles

in tier 7, I encountered an ATLANTA in my TEAM... going in Circles SPAMMING HE.... and.... launching torps at targets more then 4.5Kms away.

I got Tagged by these Friendly torps... the most that he could have done was to apologize.... to no avail.

but i guess we cant really expect much of that here:)

oh well.... back to the grind.

420 posts
20 battles

in tier 7, I encountered an ATLANTA in my TEAM... going in Circles SPAMMING HE.... and.... launching torps at targets more then 4.5Kms away.

I got Tagged by these Friendly torps... the most that he could have done was to apologize.... to no avail.

but i guess we cant really expect much of that here:)

oh well.... back to the grind.

I did that with my Omaha, but no torpedo, and all HE going straight to enemies. Still astonished that i could manage to take fire from 3 enemy ships just by circling around.

Sign in to follow this