Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dravish

Calculating who gets the kill

11 comments in this topic

3 posts
680 battles

Quite frankly whatever system they use now is absolute rubbish. How the hell is it fair that I can take down an enemy's health from 100% to 25% but a teammate can come in and get in a single shot and THEY get the kill. This has happened to me so many times and it's frustrating. The system needs to change because as it is, i suspect the kill goes to whomever takes the last shot and that's completely unacceptable. The kill should go to whomever does the most damage

For instance i just finished a match where i took down a destroyer's health from 100% to about 10 or 15% and a teammate came in and claimed the kill with a single shot. how is that fair? all but one hit on this destroyer came from me. I took 90% of it's health but another player can come in and steal my kill with a single shot??? excuse my language but that's [content removed] bullshit

This isn't the first time it's happened either, it's happened dozens of times in the 3 weeks that i've been playing and i just want to know what the current system is for calculating who gets the kill, why that system was chosen and is it going to be improved

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

If you're worried about having your XP "stolen" then don't worry since you should be getting more XP for doing 75% of damage then the person who just gets killing blow. 

Only problem I see about KSing is when missions are involved e.g Project R. Hopefully WG would make more damage based missions in the coming weeks.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Yeah from what I know Chawp is right, it gives you XP based on the amount of damage you give, so you'd probably earn more XP post match then they would have.

Edited by ADM_dude

580 posts
1,587 battles

Calm you t*ts my good man... Kills aren't the focal point of getting EXP, it's actual damage done... I've said this before, but I have gotten 3 kill steals in one match and my team won... but I still ended up on the bottom rank after the match... and got around 300XP... That's why if can manage to down 80 to 90% off an enemy's health it's all good... i'll just leave to the nearest guy (if any) and do something else like cap (if nearby)...

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

If you got a kill for doing the most damage to a ship a situation would end up occurring where you get a kill 10 minutes after you died because you had a duel with a ship earlier, he killed you and you got him to 25% health, he sailed away from the fight and later on was killed by another team member in a separate engagement, how would it be at all fair for you to get credit for that kill and an achievement lol? 

This is why the current system is in place.  

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

104 posts
13,828 battles

As has already been said, it is damage done which is a key measure. You can maximise this by staying alive, supporting the team, delivering that damage.

Maybe you should have a close look at your gameplay and try focusing on surviving the battles more often so you can deliver more damage.

683 posts
7,335 battles

There are times where I tried to sink a ship, but I was unable to do so as the enemy ship was getting out of range/gonna hide behind a landmass while I was still reloading. A teammate helped me to finish it off and it is much appreciated. A dead enemy is a good enemy, letting him run away might change the whole tide of the game. In the end, winning the match is more important, at least that's what I think.

I have to admit, getting a kill is satisfying though. :P

1 post
1,002 battles

I don't find much of an issue with exp etc being dispensed based on damage in fact I like it better than points for a kill as its more balanced and encourages less kill thieving, however as stated above this is absolute BS when missions are involved as they reward kills and the result is intense kill thieving and scalping resulting you doing 90% then another player comes in to steal the kills to add to their tally. How is that fair in when missions rewards are involved why should I do all that work for another player to steal my rewards and treats?

125 posts
913 battles

Calm you t*ts my good man... Kills aren't the focal point of getting EXP, it's actual damage done... I've said this before, but I have gotten 3 kill steals in one match and my team won... but I still ended up on the bottom rank after the match... and got around 300XP... That's why if can manage to down 80 to 90% off an enemy's health it's all good... i'll just leave to the nearest guy (if any) and do something else like cap (if nearby)...

thank you!!! its not about kills mission or not. think about your own progression and enjoy the game

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,759 battles

The killing blow is actually very important, hence why there is a flag for them.  A live ship on low health can still deliver the same amount of damage as a full health ship, and that damage stops when they're dead.  I've seen plenty of ships get to almost no health and no one has landed that killing blow, then they've ended up being a crucial player in their side winning.

Also, as other people have mentioned, if you did most of the damage to someone, you'll get most of the xp.  The system that's currently in place is a good one, nothing needs changing.

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

This...

This whole convo seriously ties in to picking your target.

So many people always want to finish off that low HP enemy ship. WRONG.

In some cases it's the right thing to do but what people should be doing is targeting the biggest threat. So if an enemy DD is on a fast approach to an allied BB you can be sure as hell he's about to drop torps.

EVERY ship should then be focus firing on him to stop the torp drop. They should not be worried about the enemy CA on low HP located at the enemy fleet.

I see it so often - people chasing that elusive kill whilst they are being pummeled by enemy ships.  :child:

Edited by S4pp3R

Sign in to follow this