Sign in to follow this  
PolarisUss

No one seems to be having lag issues

12 comments in this topic

2 posts
75 battles

I played WoWS sometime ago then stopped a while and quite recently got back into it, but I get these random spikes like my screen would just froze up for few seconds and then jumps to server time. It happens like every 5 seconds, couldn't get a smooth game at all unlike before I stopped where everything is fine. Anyone had any ideas?? Any help would be great

2 posts
1,061 battles

Hey PolarisUss,

I am having really bad spikes and lag issues for the last 6 days, (Australia Sydney).

I join a game and for the first 1-2 minutes its ok, then the lag monster attacks, can't turn, shot's always miss, enemy boats seem to be frozen on screen then speed up.

Something just isn't right again.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

One of my clan mates had this with the latest nvidia drivers.

He had to rollback and the spikes went away.

When he reinstalled the driver i believe he had to turn off anti alias for it to be gone.

Will get him to post his solution tonight.

126 posts
2,722 battles

If you are from Australia region, its because our internet is outdated, most other countries have fibre optic cable which makes their internet about three times better than ours (and that's being generous). When I was speaking to a mate from Finland when playing a MOG called Virtual Skipper he once asked me what our speeds were, when I told him he laughed for about a half hour. That's how far behind we are.

To help solve your problem I suggest you hardwire your computer to your modem, (if possible) using an Ethernet cable, this will drastically improve your upload and download times by about 50%, it will still not be as smooth as guys get elsewhere in the world but I have found that lag has drastically reduced after doing this.

Hope that helps.:)

Dan

2 posts
75 battles

Thanks for the replies, I am using a wireless connection though but I used that since beta as well but never had any problem. I tried making changes to graphics settings and conducted that it is not graphical problem. It might be a problem with my computer though because I was playing with my cousin who is beside me he had not had any lag spikes problem and load the game faster than me. Will try to explore more but thanks for the replies and will come back here again if problem still exist

280 posts
3,514 battles

depending to the distance of the server but i think australia should have its own server.

Even me in NA server and im in the philippines i got lag issues 500 ping you like that?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

depending to the distance of the server but i think australia should have its own server.

Even me in NA server and im in the philippines i got lag issues 500 ping you like that?

There are nowhere near enough Aus players to warrant having their own server.

3 posts
699 battles

Lag could be either the game server or my ISP.

Recently, those 2 updates have finally cause dramatic lag(5fps 100ms) from satisfactory(11fps 30ms) 6months ago.

Recent update 0.5.2.0 & wows_52.138028_52.134935_client_asia.patch

WOT also experience lag initially but improves after new patches.

Therefore, I suspect the patches also bottleneck the PC specs & Display settings.

Sign in to follow this