You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

Project R - Complete Assesement

62 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Seem many people are getting worried if they will ever reach 145 pearls or not. Why not calculate it ? Lazy ? Relax, I'll do it for you.

REQUIREMENT

1. Classes

• Win 10 games as Carrier (any Tier) = 5 pearls
  • Win 15 games as Battleship (any Tier) = 5 pearls
  • Win 20 games as Destroyer (any Tier) = 5 pearls
  • Win 25 games as Cruiser (any Tier) = 5 pearls
    • Total Gain = 20 pearls

2. Research

• Earn Total 100,000 XP (from the start you join Project R) = 10 pearls
  • Achieve 1600 or more XP in a single battle = 10 pearls
  • Achieve 1800 or more XP in a single battle = 5 pearls
    • Total Gain = 25 pearls

3. Frags

• Kill 10 enemies using (any) Tier 2 Ship = 5 pearls
  • Kill 10 enemies using (any) Tier 3 Ship = 5 pearls
  • Kill 10 enemies using (any) Tier 4 Ship = 5 pearls
  • Kill 10 enemies using (any) Tier 5 Ship = 5 pearls
    • Total Gain = 20 pearls

4. Weekly (Reset on Monday 08:30 UTC+8)

• Kill 5 Enemies = 5 pearls
  • Achieve 1300 XP or more in battle = 5 pearls
  • Earn total 20,000 XP = 15 pearls
    • Total Gain = 25 pearls

CALCULATION

Point 1, 2, 3 = 20 + 25 + 20 = 65 Pearls (Fixed Number)

Point 4 are multiply by how many times you finish the Weekly Mission, if these mission don't have any changes, here's the calculation.

The even start from 1-Dec-2015 to 29-Dec-2015, and December have 5 weeks.

• If players start play and finish all the weekly missions from 1st week (UTC+8 ; 1 December) to the last weekly mission, will gain = 25 x 5 weeks = 125 pearls
  • If players start play and finish all the weekly missions from 2nd week (UTC+8 ; 7 December) to the last weekly mission, will gain = 25 x 4 weeks = 100 pearls
  • If players start play and finish all the weekly missions from 3rd week (UTC+8 ; 14 December) to the last weekly mission, will gain = 25 x 3 weeks = 75 pearls
  • If players start play and finish all the weekly missions from 4th week (UTC+8 ; 21 December) to the last weekly mission, will gain = 25 x 2 week = 50 pearls
  • If players start play and finish all the weekly missions from 5th week (UTC+8 ; 28 December) , will gain = 25 x 1 week = 25 pearls

Conclusion,

• Player who start on 1st week will gain maximum pearls = 65 pearls + 125 pearls = 190 pearls
  • Player who start on 2nd week will gain maximum pearls = 65 pearls + 100 pearls = 165 pearls
  • Player who start on 3rd week will gain maximum pearls = 65 pearls + 75 pearls = 140 pearls
  • Player who start on 4th week will gain maximum pearls = 65 pearls + 50 pearls = 115 pearls
  • Player who start on 5th week will gain maximum pearls = 65 pearls + 25 pearls = 90 pearls

----- ||| -----

The Milestone's Total Aggregate

Now you have the number of maximum pearls per player could gain, people are worried if the Total Pearls could reach 1,400,000 pearls to trigger the Kamikaze's rewards for anyone who reach 145 pearls per players.

500,000 pearls = Unlocks 3x Exp Event
600,000 pearls = Unlocks the Weekly Treasure Draw to Players who have contributed 20 pearls
700,000 pearls = Unlocks 1days Premium for all users
800,000 pearls = Unlocks 10 of each Flags to all Users
900,000 pearls = Unlocks Razer special chest + Upgraded Weekly Draw Rewards
1,000,000 pearls = Unlocks 100,000 credits + 10 of Camoflouge Type 1 and Type 2 to all users
1,200,000 pearls = Unlocks Gigabyte special chest
1,400,000 pearls = Ship Fully restored - Restored Ship sent out to all Players who have contributed 145 pearls

1,400,000 pearls : 145 req pearls to gain Kamikaze = 9655,1 ~> 9656.

9656 are the number of minimum players with to bring the Kamikaze to light, with consideration, these 9656 players had minimum 145 pearls, per players.

As above personal calculation, a player that can reach 145 pearls are the one who start doing Project R on week 1 & 2 (190 & 165).

If a player start on week 3, he/she can only gain 140. He/she will still contribute to the Total Pearls, but will not receive the Kamikaze. Let alone the players that start join on 4th & 5th week.

You can see for yourself that in Asian Server, the daily login are above 10,000 players. See upper left in the in-game's port view.

In morning, usually 1,000~3,000 login.

Afternoon~Evening, 7,000~15,000 login.

Midnight, 3,000 ~ 5,000 login.

Even if you assume that this game only be played by maximum 10,000 players ... if all of the 10,000 players join Project R, it already passed the requirement number of Project R's Kamikaze to live.

So I think, we can safely say, we will surely get the Kamikaze, IF, there's no more changes on the Project R's Milestone & Mission.

But don't get careless to 3 things.

1. You need to start Project R no later than December's 2nd week (7-13 Dec 2015), for exceeding 145 pearls.

2. Focus on Weekly Mission first, as it will be refresh per Monday UTC+8. The other mission deadline are of course, 29 December 2015.

3. The deadline, Week 5 - 29 December 2015 is Tuesday. So you have to finish the last Weekly mission under 2 days.

So, that's all of Project R - Complete Assesement, hope can ease your mind, but in the same time, keep cautious if the Total 1,400,000 are not reach yet. So we all have to make 2nd account (or more) and grab any pearls we can get to add it to the Project R total pearls. At least, rather than whining, we do something to it.

If WG decide to help us with some Hidden Milestone, it's their rights to do so. But this is what I could write and advice without WG's help, data taken from the original Milestone and Mission itself.

1) Will spending pearls on a chest cause me to have insufficient pearls for the 145 target?

Spending pearls on chests will not affect your overall contribution. Feel free to spend them as you wish.

2) When will Project R End? On 29th December or after achieving the last milestone?

Project R will end upon achieving the final milestone.

3) What if nobody achieves 145 pearls before the 1.4million pearls milestone is achieved?

A hidden milestone is being reached with new surprises in store. More information to be revealed next week.

4) Are Razer & Gigabyte chests reset every week?

No. Razer & Gigabyte chests are one-time only draws.

5) When do we get the rewards for Milestones achievement & personal achievement?

Read the above on when and how you will receive the prizes for achieving the milestones. (Please check this link for full reading. http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/status-report-proj-r-milestones-rewards/ )

6) Why is this not in the game client?

Developers are focusing resources on more exciting features and content and we do not wish to overload them. Thus, we made the decision to make this web-based.

Edited by MissMeMiss

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,291 posts

You mention 10,000 plus players on daily login.

You can't expect everyone to be playing PvP or that every one of those players has signed onto Project R.

I can probably say that maybe 1/5th of those players logged in are either playing PvE or not signed in.

You may want to try your calculations again.

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

there is a high chance that people that started at week two might never have enough pearls to get to 145 if the 1,500,000 goal is reached....that could happen next week (3rd week) or early week after (4th week). plus I highly doubt we will get to the last weekly mission on the last day of the event if we don't make it to the last goal by then

People most likely getting the Kamakaze are the people that did the week one weeklys which kinda annoying if you've been away from the game  :fishpalm:

Edited by Juan_23

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I'll drop a little bit of information that will change your calculation - social media interaction through the Project R portal also adds to the total pearls counter (but not your own).  

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Out of curiosity, this might be the wrong thread to ask it in, do you have to get the 145 pearls before we hit 1.4mil or can we keep farming after the 1.4 has been reached and still earn the ship? Because I think it's going to hit the target before the 29th.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Out of curiosity, this might be the wrong thread to ask it in, do you have to get the 145 pearls before we hit 1.4mil or can we keep farming after the 1.4 has been reached and still earn the ship? Because I think it's going to hit the target before the 29th.

already answered
OWqYbqb.jpg

there is a high chance that people that started at week two might never have enough pearls to get to 145 if the 1,500,000 goal is reached....that could happen next week (3rd week) or early week after (4th week). plus I highly doubt we will get to the last weekly mission on the last day of the event if we don't make it to the last goal by then

People most likely getting the Kamakaze are the people that did the week one weeklys which kinda annoying if you've been away from the game  :fishpalm:

there has already been 1 hidden milestone, don't be surprised if there are more to get to your personal targets.....(wink wink)

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

WOWs_Project_R_01_zpsxk72s9ys.jpg

Only when the event ended after 29 Dec 2015, the accumulation will be finalize, both personal and overall pearls.

Edited by MissMeMiss

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

You mention 10,000 plus players on daily login.

You can't expect everyone to be playing PvP or that every one of those players has signed onto Project R.

I can probably say that maybe 1/5th of those players logged in are either playing PvE or not signed in.

You may want to try your calculations again.

When I write this, current total accumulation are 980,000.

I just start Project R on week 2, monday 7-Dec-2015. Already finish everything and get me 90 pearls. Weird is, my pearls wrote 115 pearls are accumulated, means there +25 pearls that moderator said it had hidden Milestone.

With the assumption everybody start on week 2 like me and already gather 115 pearls, then ...

980,000 / 115 = 8521,7 = 8522 participant. But some are start on week 1, so I guess active participant are around +7,000 players.

But with WG had hidden Milestone, people could get the pearl up to 220 (more or less). If these +7,000 players hit 200 pearls, it already reach 1,400,000 pearls.

Where up to 220 pearls information came from ?

WOWs_Project_R_02_zpszjd3eefn.jpg

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Lol probably helps to read the Project R page properly hey xD thanks all :)

Edited by ADM_dude

75 posts
3,402 battles

REQUIREMENT 1. Classes Win 10 games as Carrier (any Tier) = 5 pearls

Hi, is it a requirement that we complete ALL of the missions to receive the prize? I dont drive carriers.

Thanks

David

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

If you watch the forums and the portal closely there may just be some more information coming soontm

That sounds like a hassle... can't you just spoonfeed me information?

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

REQUIREMENT 1. Classes Win 10 games as Carrier (any Tier) = 5 pearls

Hi, is it a requirement that we complete ALL of the missions to receive the prize? I dont drive carriers.

Thanks

David

I don't have 100% guarantee answer since I'm not WG. But in my opinion, it's a total pearls you had that matter. I've been reading it rules, none are mentioning that you had to be 100% complete all mission.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

WOWs_Project_R_01_zpsxk72s9ys.jpg

Only when the event ended after 29 Dec 2015, the accumulation will be finalize, both personal and overall pearls.

That awkward moment when WG says:

2) When will Project R End? On 29th December or after achieving the last milestone?

3) What if nobody achieves 145 pearls before the 1.4million pearls milestone is achieved?

A hidden milestone is being reached with new surprises in store. More information to be revealed next week.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

That awkward moment when WG says:

2) When will Project R End? On 29th December or after achieving the last milestone?

I'm quite surprise about it too. BUT, let's take a complete assessment to it before pointing out without baseless accusation.

In the same page, there's 2 things should be mention to conclude it.

First :

2) When will Project R End? On 29th December or after achieving the last milestone?

Second : (Link origin FAQ, http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/status-report-proj-r-milestones-rewards/ )

Milestone : 1,400,000

• Ship fully restored.
  • Unlocks at: Restored ship will be sent out to all players who have contributed 145 pearls at the end of the campaign.

The question ... The End of The Campaign ... 29 Dec 2015 or when 1,400,000 pearls achieved ?

What can I tell is, WG make some reward triggered by automatically and manually.

Example = Like 500,000 pearls - x3 XP event-reward that released just now (11-Dec ~ 14-Dec). Are released/triggered manually.

But rewards like gain 20,000 - 30,000 - 100,000 - 400,000 credits are triggered automatically when you reach it.

Is the event finish and stopped, and those who had bellow 145 pearls won't get the Kamikaze ?

Or the even keep continue till 29 Dec 2015 and do the final assessment to personal and overall pearls calculation after pass 29 Dec 2015 ?

So we will see the final answer, maybe in 1~6 days from now, when the 1,400,000 are surely will be reached.

Personal Opinion :

I keep positive thinking about it, but, even the worst scenario are happening, I'm not gonna butt-hurt with it, maybe a little envy to people who had it.

As this is a free games, and those Milestone & Mission basically are everything that I did everyday anyways, with or without events.

Super Tester
509 posts

What you need to consider is its IMPOSSIBLE to get 145 pearls BEFORE we hit 1.4million collected by everyone. :P

We are at 1.1million pearls right now so the longest it could take before we hit 1.4 million is say 3 days time. Then they would need to delay giving us the Kamikaze more than a week as everyone will be stuck on 140 max pearls.

Perhaps the "hidden" milestone will be a bunch of new missions but those will then speed up the rate of pearls earnt...I will be very interested to see how its done.

Remember they originally planned to end this event at 14million pearls.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

I'm quite surprise about it too. BUT, let's take a complete assessment to it before pointing out without baseless accusation.

In the same page, there's 2 things should be mention to conclude it.

First :

Second : (Link origin FAQ, http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/status-report-proj-r-milestones-rewards/ )

Milestone : 1,400,000

• Ship fully restored.
  • Unlocks at: Restored ship will be sent out to all players who have contributed 145 pearls at the end of the campaign.

The question ... The End of The Campaign ... 29 Dec 2015 or when 1,400,000 pearls achieved ?

What can I tell is, WG make some reward triggered by automatically and manually.

Example = Like 500,000 pearls - x3 XP event-reward that released just now (11-Dec ~ 14-Dec). Are released/triggered manually.

But rewards like gain 20,000 - 30,000 - 100,000 - 400,000 credits are triggered automatically when you reach it.

Is the event finish and stopped, and those who had bellow 145 pearls won't get the Kamikaze ?

Or the even keep continue till 29 Dec 2015 and do the final assessment to personal and overall pearls calculation after pass 29 Dec 2015 ?

So we will see the final answer, maybe in 1~6 days from now, when the 1,400,000 are surely will be reached.

Personal Opinion :

I keep positive thinking about it, but, even the worst scenario are happening, I'm not gonna butt-hurt with it, maybe a little envy to people who had it.

As this is a free games, and those Milestone & Mission basically are everything that I did everyday anyways, with or without events.

Haha I'm not pointing fingers at anyone and accusing anyone of anything, it was just funny that WG decided to answer my question a few hours later :p

That being said, I'm going to take them at face value and say that the deadline is 1.4 million or the 29th, whichever comes first. I think it's pretty black and white when they said "upon achieving the final milestone". Pretty sure the campaign will be completed when the target/milestone is achieved.

Nonetheless like you say, we'll find out soon enough :) 

69 posts
2,225 battles

Yea, campaign will finish & unless someone cheats, not one person will get this Kamikaze. At this point it appears the 1.4mill target will be reached sometime Sunday & so no one will have access to enough missions to get 145 pearls. Epic fail WG. They will have to do something to fix this stupid situation or players will likely boycott all WG titles.

Great idea this campaign in principle, but they should have had more missions &/or higher value ones for players to get their 145 pearls.

Any mods or the like care to shed some light on this issue?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Great idea this campaign in principle, but they should have had more missions &/or higher value ones for players to get their 145 pearls.

It's almost like this is the first time they're doing something like this and they've been adjusting it on the fly since the event started. :ohmy:

69 posts
2,225 battles

It's almost like this is the first time they're doing something like this and they've been adjusting it on the fly since the event started. :ohmy:

Not a great way to build or maintain a loyal customer base by making things up as you go along. :ohmy:

[SMOKE]
Super Tester
274 posts

Yea, campaign will finish & unless someone cheats, not one person will get this Kamikaze. At this point it appears the 1.4mill target will be reached sometime Sunday & so no one will have access to enough missions to get 145 pearls. Epic fail WG. They will have to do something to fix this stupid situation or players will likely boycott all WG titles.

Any mods or the like care to shed some light on this issue?

Boycott is a strong measure that I have never truly seen done by a community since EVE Online's monocle debacle. Which happened because people were really deeply invested in the game in terms of time and money, while having such a strong community voice, on top of the issue at hand being potentially ruinous to gameplay. None of these apply for WoWs and Project R, so people will keep playing. And I'm certain at least 1/4-1/3 of active players don't even know Project R exists, despite it being plastered everywhere.

It's almost like this is the first time they're doing something like this and they've been adjusting it on the fly since the event started. :ohmy:

I think if it were 1.4 million as a final goal from the beginning, I'd see it as an acceptable first experiment. Starting out with 14 million, then revising it too far down while tacking on the 29th Dec date, makes me think they're lacking in common sense. It's done solely by the web team anyway, using some API probably that interfaces with the game and our accounts. It's not that much work. As they say...."You had one job".

However, regarding how this community event has been handled so far, I would say its on one hand a complete joke. On the other hand, I didn't really expect otherwise from WG, so I'm somehow OK with it. Funny, that.

A lot more thought could have been put into this to conduct this better. There's some obvious inspiration from Razer style contests, but they didn't really have a clue how to balance out the goals and rewards. Not once but twice. We all know these "hidden milestones", both the first one and upcoming one, are not "hidden" surprises, they're actually fixes to the event they're thinking up as they go along.

I expect some new missions in the projected 1-2 more days to ensure some people at least do get the ship. Then at least they can cap off the event with some dignity.

Edited by DLRevan

3 posts

Its like "here is free candy but go clean up ur room ohh sry u didnt do it fast enough so i ate the candy!!!!

This whole project it one big F*** up, im am pissed of i spent money for Doubloons, Ships on this game and this is how they the treat that i guess "loyalty", 

buy shafting people because they make stuff up as they go, 14 mill down to 1.4 mill with the 29th December end date, but nope now they have

removed the date and it just 1.4mill which will end in less than 2 days, Its like they are saying "Hold on tight im going in dry". We just don't care if no one

get its, we just wanted more people to sign up!

I know i have repeated similar comments from other posts but this is how i feel.

Edited by CerberusNZL