Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TepidusLegend

A few words to new players in regards to team play

19 comments in this topic

222 posts
3,269 battles

1. Learn to survive on your own.

2. F7 and F8 rarely works.

3. Don't hesitate to steal kills, they won't hesitate to do the same to you.

4. Get into a div with people that you can trust. You won't die as often

5. Unless proven otherwise, everyone in your team is selfish. They won't hesitate to abandon you if they are at risk. They also want to use you as a meat shield should engagements occur.

Just remember this fellas. Enemy of your foe is not necessarily a friend.

As per the rules, non-constructive posts are not allowed in the Newcomers Zone.

Thread moved.

~amade

Mr amade, I am not trying to mislead the newcomers. I am simply trying to let them know how things work here. As it is, people often neglect team work and instead opt to save their own skin. Division is the way to go if you want real companions and team work.

Edited by TepidusLegend

Super Tester
315 posts
4,235 battles

6. Remember your Torpedo range is under 7 km ( new players < tier 6 ) not 100km

7. Watch your allies before launch torpedoes

8. Remember the IJN DDs under tier 7 have no gun , so don't shoot enemy if unnecessary

Edited by Zekamashimakaze

222 posts
3,269 battles

Well... I often use newbies as meat shield tho... You're making me feel bad bout myself.

If it's a battleship you're using, i don't mind since they're the ones that actually have the capability to tank. If you use cruisers as meat shields however... 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,317 battles

If it's a battleship you're using, i don't mind since they're the ones that actually have the capability to tank. If you use cruisers as meat shields however... 

Dude... Once i was in my Arkansas Beta, trying to lead the assault. But friendly cruisers just kept sailing in front of me because they are faster... And so... They got killed. Then they started blaming: "why are the battleships are so far away behind"... What do you think? But yeah... They did good job, distracting the enemy so i could get easy citadel...

222 posts
3,269 battles

Dude... Once i was in my Arkansas Beta, trying to lead the assault. But friendly cruisers just kept sailing in front of me because they are faster... And so... They got killed. Then they started blaming: "why are the battleships are so far away behind"... What do you think? But yeah... They did good job, distracting the enemy so i could get easy citadel...

That's a different case. You were obviously trying to go with them and they didn't have the patience for that. 

406 posts
6,337 battles

8. Remember the IJN DDs under tier 7 have no gun , so don't shoot enemy if unnecessary

Worst peice of advice - plenty of times I've seen an IJN destroyer sunk because they didn't engage with guns when they should have.

I had a Minekaze round where I had something like 30 shell hits and 3 sinkings - No torpedo hits.

580 posts
1,602 battles

I really wouldn't advise much on the Kill stealing issue... I've had a match where I stole 3 kills and the team won but I was at the bottom of the team getting around 300XP... From then on I learned it's all about damage... Going for a kill may leave you vulnerable sometimes and might lead to giving the enemy team a kill and points,

I'd rather play prudently and go for damage and caps rather than ships sunk... and now I usually find myself in the top 5... Although I'd also like to add a bit of advice from my experiences so far...

9.) Know your ship class, your class role, and your ship... As a Soviet DD I play a spotting role at the start of a match and I've seen IJN DDs hide behind islands from enemies 10-15KM away! and when I go past them they're like "What are you doing? You're going to get spotted ya noob!"...

I mean for the love of of Neptune, we're DDs! It's our job to spot for the team so that they can act accordingly... and we don't get spotted easy unless we open fire... and if we do get spotted we can smoke, and dodge quite easily since we are fast and too small to get hit...

Edited by Kreigg

295 posts
501 battles

thats why Kongo and Iowa were built
Edited by yanyatcheng

222 posts
3,269 battles

I really wouldn't advise much on the Kill stealing issue... I've had a match where I stole 3 kills and the team won but I was at the bottom of the team getting around 300XP... From then on I learned it's all about damage... Going for a kill may leave you vulnerable sometimes and might lead to giving the enemy team a kill and points,

I'd rather play prudently and go for damage and caps rather than ships sunk... and now I usually find myself in the top 5... Although I'd also like to add a bit of advice from my experiences so far...

9.) Know your ship class, your class role, and your ship... As a Soviet DD I play a spotting role at the start of a match and I've seen IJN DDs hide behind islands from enemies 10-15KM away! and when I go past them they're like "What are you doing? You're going to get spotted ya noob!"...

I mean for the love of of Neptune, we're DDs! It's our job to spot for the team so that they can act accordingly... and we don't get spotted easy unless we open fire... and if we do get spotted we can smoke, and dodge quite easily since we are fast and too small to get hit...

My friend, you'd be surprised how often i have fought hard with one enemy only for his death be brought by some jackass that stays behind without even shooting when i was doing the hard part. They are responsible for some of my K/D ratios.

From that point onward i think to myself, if people don't hesitate to steal my kills then it's perfectly okay for me to steal theirs.

After i felt my disappointment i had this really weird experience in which after heavily damaging an enemy Aoba i decided to retreat since he's regrouping with his buddies. Then this stupid killstealer managed to get from full health right to the bottom of the ocean since he just had to go after the heavily damaged Aoba... Serves that asshole right

Edited by TepidusLegend

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Worst peice of advice - plenty of times I've seen an IJN destroyer sunk because they didn't engage with guns when they should have.

I had a Minekaze round where I had something like 30 shell hits and 3 sinkings - No torpedo hits.

+1 

I think it should be: "Know when to use your guns and when not to e.g. only fire if you're detected."

I've had plenty of matches using guns to kill or finish off other DDs and the occasional CA that I've hit with torps or have less that half health

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

1. Learn to survive on your own.

2. F7 and F8 rarely works.

3. Don't hesitate to steal kills, they won't hesitate to do the same to you.

4. Get into a div with people that you can trust. You won't die as often

5. Unless proven otherwise, everyone in your team is selfish. They won't hesitate to abandon you if they are at risk. They also want to use you as a meat shield should engagements occur.

Just remember this fellas. Enemy of your foe is not necessarily a friend.

As per the rules, non-constructive posts are not allowed in the Newcomers Zone.

Thread moved.

~amade

Mr amade, I am not trying to mislead the newcomers. I am simply trying to let them know how things work here. As it is, people often neglect team work and instead opt to save their own skin. Division is the way to go if you want real companions and team work.

no one will read this post anyway 

423 posts
3,175 battles

what if he said that because he want to eat Japanese ramen and udon for free?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Thats what i did in every battles :D:D:D

22 posts
3,308 battles

"kill stealing" is a lie, KILL THE ENEMY is rule 1. a dead enemy cant shoot back (except sneaky pre death torps)

HIT THE SAME TARGET... simple really, refer to rule 1.

[151ST]
1,027 posts
4,713 battles

"kill stealing" is a lie, KILL THE ENEMY is rule 1. a dead enemy cant shoot back (except sneaky pre death torps)

HIT THE SAME TARGET... simple really, refer to rule 1.

Sort of - but it's not that simple.

The biggest mistake people make in Tanks and Ships is targeting the easy kill... What you should be doing is prioritising enemies that can do damage to you.

268 posts
6,381 battles

Know your torp range

If knife-fighting DD vs DD guns are often more effective than torps

If in a DD against a BB just charge straight on until you're within 3kms and don't angle until you're ready to launch torps

If in a BB facing a charging DD hold your fire until the DD starts to turn - your broadside will miss the majority of shots otherwise

If spotted at range, immediately change direction or speed, having a constant bearing makes you easier to hit

Know your torp range

Edited by hellvn

Sign in to follow this