You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Project R, Thank you!

29 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Dear WG Team,

I haven't and I cant see where anyone else has, so I would like to give you a BIG thank you for the whole Project R event.

It's been an absolute hoot to play tiers and ships I haven't in a long time.

I'll be sad when it goes but will look forward to the next one.

Super Tester
143 posts

Dear WG Team,

I haven't and I cant see where anyone else has, so I would like to give you a BIG thank you for the whole Project R event.

It's been an absolute hoot to play tiers and ships I haven't in a long time.

I'll be sad when it goes but will look forward to the next one.

yeah after play many battle on high tier when i play low tier i feel really fun.

724 posts
2,153 battles

Same here, its been a while since I last derp around with a friend or two in low tier battles.

I'm able to get some laughs off it while trying my best to earn pearls.

Thank you, WG for this awesome event. :honoring:

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

i'm just miffed that i'm missing out on the final prize. No way i'm going to be able to get all the pearls needed. :(

gives me a reason to play as a flattop then.

Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Not related to this topic but it was a little bit trolling about the MM when i was trying to complete the Tier III 10 kills mission. When struggled to complete that mission with my Wakatake. Once i got into a battle, scored 10 torpedo hits... No kill... FFS!... It took me 16 battles in the Wakatake to complete that mission... Made me feel like i'm a noob. But you know after completing the mission 2 days ago... Today I decided to jump into my Waka again... 4 battles... 4 to 5 kills each battle.
It's not very nice, WG... The way you have been trolling.

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

This event enables me to play the game for a  purpose and keep me busy.It also  forced me to play CV sooner than I expected,I was waiting for AP bomb to be implemented for DB  but due to this event ,I started playing CV sooner.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

+1 OP. This event has been the best event I've ever seen from WG, and I've got quite a long history.

WELL DONE TO ALL CREATORS. Here have some money, (I bought a Murmansk for the challenges).

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

This event enables me to play the game for a  purpose and keep me busy.It also  forced me to play CV sooner than I expected,I was waiting for AP bomb to be implemented for DB  but due to this event ,I started playing CV sooner.

Yeah ditto - hadn't even thought of doing IJN BB/CV yet, now I have a Myogi and almost a Hosho...

112 posts
1,431 battles

Indeed it has been one of the best planned events I have partaken of in recent times.

I only have a couple of minor things that may need to taken into consideration for next time.

1: Running this concurrently with this season of ranked battles seems to have had a negative effect on the population there. Have been stuck at rank 14 since project R started because there is simply no one around when I want to play ranked. Waited over 11 minutes last night and the numbers never went above 6 players.

2: Point 1 has directly impacted my ability to hit that 1300XP mark for the weekly challanges in project R. Random almost gets me there but not quite...have been stuck at 1279XP for 3 days now and am likely to miss the ship given the fact that I don't play carriers. The change to base XP from total XP after the secret milestone has hampered my chances greatly.

These little gripes aside, and even if I don't get the ship, this has been an enjoyable event. I have trained myself to play a tad more tactically, and have some(in my opinion) awesome matches as a result.

Am eagerly looking forward to the next one(RN ship....hint...hint)

Cheers

Coldbeer

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Indeed it has been one of the best planned events I have partaken of in recent times.

I only have a couple of minor things that may need to taken into consideration for next time.

1: Running this concurrently with this season of ranked battles seems to have had a negative effect on the population there. Have been stuck at rank 14 since project R started because there is simply no one around when I want to play ranked. Waited over 11 minutes last night and the numbers never went above 6 players.

2: Point 1 has directly impacted my ability to hit that 1300XP mark for the weekly challanges in project R. Random almost gets me there but not quite...have been stuck at 1279XP for 3 days now and am likely to miss the ship given the fact that I don't play carriers. The change to base XP from total XP after the secret milestone has hampered my chances greatly.

These little gripes aside, and even if I don't get the ship, this has been an enjoyable event. I have trained myself to play a tad more tactically, and have some(in my opinion) awesome matches as a result.

Am eagerly looking forward to the next one(RN ship....hint...hint)

Cheers

Coldbeer

CB - small hint - put the flags for XP on your ships, wait for your Daily x1.5 and have premium - I did it with the Ark Beta that way - only 1.2k base XP but 3k after all additions and boom  1.3 and 1.8k XP  missions done

112 posts
1,431 battles

CB - small hint - put the flags for XP on your ships, wait for your Daily x1.5 and have premium - I did it with the Ark Beta that way - only 1.2k base XP but 3k after all additions and boom  1.3 and 1.8k XP  missions done

Makes no difference Dead-Man, its now calculated on Base XP only, have had matches with over 1800 with the 1.5X....did not change anything, and am running my Omaha with the flags constantly....no change in that regard either.

Have had probably 10-15 matches where my total XP has been over 1300 in the last 3 days, but am still at my highest base XP of 1279 in that time frame.

Cheers

Coldbeer

Edit: AH, you are refering to the earlier XP challanges if you are quoting the 1800XP one. I think it changed to base XP only after the secret milestone.

Edited by coldbeer72

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

The only thing  that I dont like about this event is getting empty weekly treasure.I know WG dont guarantee the rewards from the weekly treasure chest but at least give something ! no matter how small the reward is for the weekly treasre chest.Getting something  like 25k credit is at least better than nothing at all.

Super Tester
509 posts

The only thing  that I dont like about this event is getting empty weekly treasure.I know WG dont guarantee the rewards from the weekly treasure chest but at least give something ! no matter how small the reward is for the weekly treasre chest.Getting something  like 25k credit is at least better than nothing at all.

I agree getting some crummy flags should be guaranteed to everyone for the weekly chest.

I can understand opening an empty Razr chest as not everyone can win some real hardware.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I did the exact same thing lol :honoring:

112 posts
1,431 battles

Ok, just for you doubters. Finally manged to get into a ranked match

And the results....

BCdNfct.jpg

IxTMP2Z.jpg

And my Project R screen straight afterward....

fJMAsyQ.jpg

So, as I said, it's now calculated on Base XP only. So you have to have a pretty good match to be able to crack that 1300 mark.

Cheers

Coldbeer

(sorry that bottom shot is wierd, forgot to disable my second monitor, even though its off)

Edited by coldbeer72

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Same here, its been a while since I last derp around with a friend or two in low tier battles.

I'm able to get some laughs off it while trying my best to earn pearls.

Thank you, WG for this awesome event. :honoring:

You mean the Happy New Year Dave? :trollface:

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

Sadly at this rate, all will be done by Tuesday... ...

Although dead_man_walking hinted at another secret event... Was he trolling though? :trollface: