Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

A suggestion to WG, given that you ALREADY did this 2 years ago in WoT

4 comments in this topic

[AE]
199 posts
9,466 battles

At least two years ago WG fixed its awful xp distribution system in WoT. In 25 words or less, people complained, quite rightly, that bots sitting on other team that did nothing all battle were getting more xp than players on the losing team were getting for big efforts. Good to see that two years later the same system of winning teams getting more than losing teams across the board is standard in WoWs. Please make it same as WoT. Top players (a certain number of losing team) get same xp rate as winning team. ie. Good players not penalised due poor teams.

Also the damage/xp ratio is bit screwy. Just won a game where teammate of mine was doing the usual poor DD player trick of circling behind teammates and firing torpedos. Of course, not one enemy ship was hit by his torps being fired 8km away, having moved a mile or more when torps finally reached them. HOWEVER he did manage to sink TWO teammates with the ol stab them in the back with several torpedos trick.

Net result, two teamkills, no enemy kills, 314 xp. (I got 830 for having hit multiple enemy ships). How does that work? How does someone sink two teammates and get 314 xp?

724 posts
2,153 battles

At least two years ago WG fixed its awful xp distribution system in WoT. In 25 words or less, people complained, quite rightly, that bots sitting on other team that did nothing all battle were getting more xp than players on the losing team were getting for big efforts. Good to see that two years later the same system of winning teams getting more than losing teams across the board is standard in WoWs. Please make it same as WoT. Top players (a certain number of losing team) get same xp rate as winning team. ie. Good players not penalised due poor teams.

Also the damage/xp ratio is bit screwy. Just won a game where teammate of mine was doing the usual poor DD player trick of circling behind teammates and firing torpedos. Of course, not one enemy ship was hit by his torps being fired 8km away, having moved a mile or more when torps finally reached them. HOWEVER he did manage to sink TWO teammates with the ol stab them in the back with several torpedos trick.

Net result, two teamkills, no enemy kills, 314 xp. (I got 830 for having hit multiple enemy ships). How does that work? How does someone sink two teammates and get 314 xp?

I'm pretty sure that you can still get higher/similar XP than/as the winning team if you do enough damage than them. XP comes from the amount of damage you've done.

uJ1XV4c.jpg?1

gmqHoQM.jpg?1

And sometimes even if you don't kill any ships or planes,you can still get a lot of XP by doing serious damage.

y40bpX0.jpg?1

And on another hand, about your teammate getting 2 teamkills and still gets 314 XP, did he,by any chance,fired his main batteries and hit the enemy doing minimal damage? Or has,he by any chance,captured/defended an objective for your team?

112 posts
1,431 battles

And on another hand, about your teammate getting 2 teamkills and still gets 314 XP, did he,by any chance,fired his main batteries and hit the enemy doing minimal damage? Or has,he by any chance,captured/defended an objective for your team?

At the end of it all, whether by deliberate act, or just a bad case of the "STUPIDS", he killed team mates.

The penalty for this needs to be a hell of a lot harsher than it is, along with a number of other things(Yeah, am lookin at you Mr "Team Collision Mechanic", why does it always cost me more than the person who HIT ME??)

Had a match earlier...Pink Kongo....immediately opened fire on team mates....we had NO CHOICE but to kill him or he would have taken out the entire team from behind. And some of us that did so may well be punished for it as a result.

Am not sure how these things are assessed at an official level.......but its not working. Why should we be possibly labelled with pink for doing nothing more than self defence, or for the fact that mistakes happen(although the 2 Tenryu's that "team torp'd" me  in seperate matches on the weekend were stretching the bounds of credability)

It would seem that the current system is fairly automated and based on statistics, rather than on what actually happened.......and statistics don't always tell the whole story.....

Think the whole TK system needs to be reassessed.....

Sign in to follow this