Sign in to follow this  
JoSnaps

How To Play Cleveland

6 comments in this topic

12 posts
512 battles

I just got my Cleveland and I am struggling to adapt to d tier 6 lief. Could u give me some tips on how to play it to its strengths and hide its weaknesses (if it has any). Tq :)

Edited by hamizanunited

724 posts
2,183 battles

Well first of all, you gotta get used to the shell velocity. It takes a while to get used to it, if you're dealing with enemy that is 10+km away from you, aim a little bit further.

Second, try to stick with the larger BB's,provide AA support for them and cover them from DD's.

Third, keep calm,and keep firing. xD

580 posts
1,587 battles

From one noob to another noob let me share what I have learned from the community here...

1. Apply HE to enemy ships liberally... I mean LIBERALLY... Until a lather of smoke and fire is formed... There are 4 spots to set an enemy ship aflame on...

2. Angling, I'm sure you know of this by now... One thing that I think of a weakpoint of a Cleveland is her profile, she is a rather large boat and she's easy to get hit if you present your broadsides... Good thing her Citadels are the size of Hobbitses...

3. The Cleveland is a nightmare for CV players because of her AA. If you happen to be in a battle with CVs around try to stick with your teamates that are HVT(High Value Targets) like high tier BBs and CVs, CV players tend to go after them. You'll net some good EXP when shooting down aircraft... and don't forget you have a new consumable now that ups your AA considerably... USE IT WITH GLEE and watch the planes fall like flies on a bug zapper...

4. Her shots have a ridiculous air time, so you might adjust yourself to lead a lot more than usual with her High-Angle shots... Low angle shots start at 8KM and below, any ship below that range is an easy kill for you especially DDs.

5. Speaking of DDs, a Cleveland's natural diet consists of DDs... make sure she gets her daily helping so that she'll get a nice, shiny, and even coat...

6. If you happen to be in a Tier 8 match... play cautiously Tier 8 matches are very tricky in my experince...

7. Get the rudder shift time upgrade, it'll help greatly with evading shots since the Cleveland is easy to hit even at an angled presentation...

8. There is a debate whether to get AA upgrade or Main Gun upgrade... I'd rather pick Main gun upgrade since I prefer a gunship purpose since I don't end up in battles with CVs in play all the time...

9. If you can, get the Superintendent skill... It's mighty useful with the AA consumable...

Hmmmmh... what else... I guess that's all I can spare from what I've learned from her... She's a mighty good ship and you'll love her to bits in no time!

Edited by Kreigg

420 posts
20 battles

Max Zoom -1.

The best thing about Cleveland is both of her HE and AP are powerful.

The worst thing is, that her rounds fly slowly.

AP is the Cleveland best friend when fighting at close distance.

You can inflict reasonable damage per minute to BB with her AP, except to Kongo, North Carolina, and Tirpitz if it hits the weaker part of BB, such as the Bow or Stern side.

Her stock rudder shift is sluggish, you need rudder shift upgrade.

Her AA can quick kill planes if you're using defensive fire consumable.

Secondaries are powerful, i think the most powerful one among Tier 6 Cruiser line.

When Konigsberg facing Cleveland is like 24k vs 35k HP.

Her max range with AFT skill and and Targeting system upgrade is about 17.5km, but expect not to hit anything.

Cleveland's dispersion also horrible IMO.

420 posts
20 battles

8. There is a debate whether to get AA upgrade or Main Gun upgrade... I'd rather pick Main gun upgrade since I prefer a gunship purpose since I don't end up in battles with CVs in play all the time...

I use secondary battery modification 2. Because i know that i will brood over these two if i'm not.

The one to extend secondary batteries range by 20% and gives extra accuracy.

Sign in to follow this