You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Swiftter7

Catapult Fighters on Cruisers

10 comments in this topic

50 posts
3,289 battles

I was wondering whether the catapult fighters on cruisers increases the distance you get spotted by enemy ships? I'm always worried to launch catapult fighters to "scout"(?) the area for enemy DD and others as I'm afraid I would get spotted first. (Would catapult fighters even scout ships at all?)

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Not directly.

If I see an enemy Seaplane in the area then it safe to say that there would be an enemy ship nearby but it won't give me its exact location till I get into visual range.

Catapult fighters work just like any other aircraft when it comes to spotting. The only advantage a spotter seaplane has over a catapult fighter is the 20% range boost to your ship's main batteries and the overhead camera.

Edited by Chawp

50 posts
3,289 battles

Not directly.

If I see an enemy Seaplane in the area then it safe to say that there would be an enemy ship nearby but it won't give me its exact location till I get into visual range.

Catapult fighters work just line any other aircraft when it comes to spotting. The only advantage a spotter seaplane has over a catapult fighter is the 20% range boost to your ship's main batteries and the overhead camera.

Thank you for the reply. At least now I'm abit more confident about launching catapult fighters:honoring: Spotter seaplanes don't spot at all? I'm kinda confused about that.

420 posts
20 battles

There are two types of plane loadout.

Spotter plane and Catapult Fighter plane.

Spotter plane just increasing your firing range plus giving you another mode of artillery fire. They will not engage another plane.

Catapult Fighter defends your ship from enemy planes, it will encircle your ship and engage enemy plane within its operational range only. Roughly has the same power as one unit of the same tier carrier fighter.

You can click on your ship consumables to change your plane loadout.

Some ships can only mount Catapult Fighters, such as Omaha, or you can say, generally Cruisers can only carry this type.

Some ships such as Kongo, Myogi, can only mount Spotter plane.

Such as Colorado, North Carolina can select between two types.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I was wondering whether the catapult fighters on cruisers increases the distance you get spotted by enemy ships? I'm always worried to launch catapult fighters to "scout"(?) the area for enemy DD and others as I'm afraid I would get spotted first. (Would catapult fighters even scout ships at all?)

In reality, it should.

In the game & based on my experience, C. Fighter doesn't increase your ship's spotting distance. But the plane has its own spotting range and can spot & report enemy ships while patrolling around. Enemy destroyer can be spotted as long as within the plane's detection range.

Edited by Mingfang47

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Thank you for the reply. At least now I'm abit more confident about launching catapult fighters:honoring: Spotter seaplanes don't spot at all? I'm kinda confused about that.

Both do spot, just one gives you a range bonus while the other helps defend your ship vs enemy aircraft.

50 posts
3,289 battles

There are two types of plane loadout.

Spotter plane and Catapult Fighter plane.

Spotter plane just increasing your firing range plus giving you another mode of artillery fire. They will not engage another plane.

Catapult Fighter defends your ship from enemy planes, it will encircle your ship and engage enemy plane within its operational range only. Roughly has the same power as one unit of the same tier carrier fighter.

You can click on your ship consumables to change your plane loadout.

Some ships can only mount Catapult Fighters, such as Omaha, or you can say, generally Cruisers can only carry this type.

Some ships such as Kongo, Myogi, can only mount Spotter plane.

Such as Colorado, North Carolina can select between two types.

In reality, it should.

In the game & based on my experience, C. Fighter doesn't increase your ship's spotting distance. But the plane has its own spotting range and can spot & report enemy ships while patrolling around. Enemy destroyer can be spotted as long as within the plane's detection range.

Both do spot, just one gives you a range bonus while the other helps defend your ship vs enemy aircraft.

Yeah okay, I get it now. Thanks people:honoring:

As a rule... If you feel that there's something lurking at a distance, launch the CAM fighter

By CAM you mean catapult right? :P