You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

Enemy fire out of nowhere!? How are they doing that?

53 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

GOOD DAY CAPTAINS and THANKS FOR OPENING THIS THREAD!

This is no bug report, but it has been bugging me for quite a while now. I've had some matches in the course of playing WoWS that I've had encounters with a seemingly invisible enemy lobbing shells yet I can't see him/her. I'm assuming that's a Destoryer and wouldn't you know it as soon as I close the distance there it is... :B

I'm currently having a blast with my Gnevny class DD and I'm wondering how I can pull off that same stunt? Being that most of the ships I encounter with that "Stealth Shooting" scenario seem to be Glorious Soviet DDs... :playing: and some IJN DDs.

I'm practically still a newbie :child: when it comes to DD play so I'd love to get some more insights into this class and that "Ghost Ship Shooting" know-how from all you Veterans in the field...

THANKS FOR READING THIS READ and HAVE A GOOD ONE! :honoring:

Edited by Kreigg

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Here tutorial how to do that, but many things have changed since then so use this VDO as an basic idea then try it by your self :great:

its a cowards way to play 

Well if its make me more credits and EXP i will gladly be coward :D:D:D

520 posts
11,127 battles

In warfare.... who SURVIVES... wins.....

A coward who survives.... becomes the HERO:p

But seriously..... Its the only way DDS can actually survive given LOW HP compared to BBS and Crusiers;)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

In warfare.... who SURVIVES... wins.....

A coward who survives.... becomes the HERO:p

But seriously..... Its the only way DDS can actually survive given LOW HP compared to BBS and Crusiers;)

Today Modern Warfare fought in very coward way, guide missile, ICBM, SLCM, Drone ETC.

You will never seen how many peoples suffer in the reviving end, this will make invisi-fire like a joke in term of coward :D:D:D

Anyways this is also prove that coward style of playing is effective since even real military adopt this play style :popcorn:

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Here tutorial how to do that, but many things have changed since then so use this VDO as an basic idea then try it by your self :great:

Well if its make me more credits and EXP i will gladly be coward :D:D:D

no one wants to watch your crappy videos , this way of play if for cowards with no skill .

Edited by kongman

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

no one wants to watch your crappy videos

Well someones ask and i know i dont really good at explaining things by typing so video is the better way and much easier for me (so i dont have to writing anythings lol) :D:D:D

And the OP state that he want to know how to invisi-fire did you comment answer his question ? :D:D:D

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

no one wants to watch your crappy videos , this way of play if for cowards with no skill .

really Kong?

The videos are good, the info is good, or could it be that you either can not do it, or you get nailed by it?

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

You salty battleships that headcharges into battle die less than 5 mins in battle.
Edited by Saito_Himea

580 posts
1,587 battles

Now now Mr. Kong... Play nice... play nice... mmm'kay?

yw8Ye8O.gif

Thanks Gentlemen and ladies for your useful inputs! I shall put myself to study these immediately...

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Heres a helpful guide on the basics of the spotting mechanics.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/36553-spotting-mechanics/

TL;DR  Firing your main guns increases the range at which you can be spotted from(~4km for DDs, ~6km for CAs and ~12km for BBs), if you're still outside of the the range at which your ship can be detected after firing, you have found the sweet spot to invis-fire. 

Camo, smoke, terrain, flags, equipment and Captains skills all effect this. 

Edited by Chawp

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

You know, this wouldn't be a problem for those ships equipped with radar that actually worked and wasn't more than decoration on top of their main superstructures. :trollface:

If that happens, I will stop playing DDs and move on to other class then :D:D:D

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

No skill way of playing : Yolo down the middle and do damage and die.

Skill : Using all your advantage you can to win.

All is fair in love and war. (As long within game rules :P)

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Soviet DDs are actually pretty hard to invis-fire effectively because they have bad concealment and bigger caliber guns even with concealment upgrades all around, about ~1km of invis-fire buffer from their max range.. Good thing is they have great shell trajectory..
USN DDs can invis-fire more easily and up to ~5km with all concealment upgrades, but their high gun arc makes it difficult to land shots 10km away..

IJN DDs can do better but they're not gunboats per se..
Stock ORP Blyskawica can 
invis-fire without Concealment Expert & Camo..

Some cruisers can also invis-fire with proper upgrades, Mogami with AFT & Concealment Expert can have ~3km of buffer zone before being detected.. Atago can invis-fire too but it only gets ~1km of buffer zone (still very useful on most situation).. Ibuki and Zao have a bigger invis-fire capability and dealing with them are an absolute frustration..

Edited by Eurobeat

[HOTA]
104 posts
13,851 battles

I can see why this player has problems. Basically, for all his beta testing and game experience, he still doesn't understand the fundamentals of this game and is not very good at it. He has a very low survival rate, making him effectively useless on any team, and his kill/death ratio is mediocre, to say the least. Sure, his average damage and experience is high, but that's because he has learnt to stat pad to make his performance look better in these areas.

Now, I dare say his actual gameplay would say a lot about him as well, for it is partially evident in his very low survival rate.

Maybe he should just the White Flag...then no one will shoot at the poor little princess.

1,126 posts

game detect system is little buggy, I mean... it's CRAZY that you can't see who hit you even in 'open water'.

I'm fine if US ship fire curve from behind island, or even camping inside smoke and firing, it's logical.

but invisible fire is CRAZY and in CAN considered as system loop hole.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

game detect system is little buggy, I mean... it's CRAZY that you can't see who hit you even in 'open water'.

I'm fine if US ship fire curve from behind island, or even camping inside smoke and firing, it's logical.

but invisible fire is CRAZY and in CAN considered as system loop hole.

I do admit that is kinda weird that you cannot spot ships that firing at you in the open sea, but that same goes with firing behind the bush in WoT it doesn't make sense but it for gameplay i guess :D:D:D
Edited by MeloMelonSoda