Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Deicide

Remove Air superiority(Captain Skill lvl 5)

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Time for another futile balance suggestion for our most unbalance class.

Why remove captain skill:air superiority?

-It tips the balance down to the IJN CVs, destroying harmony between the 2 nations and makes future balance fixes more difficult to judge.

-Mostly in tier 8 and 9, it gives the more played/experienced lvl 5 captain(not the player) an undisputed upper hand in an otherwise balanced match, giving the underhanded opponent grief and suffering, no matter what their skill level is. This should not happen.

-Rewards players who played a lot an absolute domination against his enemy in a supposed equal ground. Just because he played more hours. . .THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN

-Remove this skill because it just causes unbalance issues in a game ripe with balancing issues, in a class(CV) forever hunted with infamy and hatred

Edited by Deicide

20 posts
939 battles

Of the stupidest nerf request this hit's pretty high on the scale.

so because a person plays the game and takes the time to level up he's captain skills should be punished because someone either plays casually thus doesn't have leveled up captain skills or just free XP'd to high tier ships & thus being at a default disavantage automatically in your sheltered world the player who put the time / effort into the game should be punished..... :teethhappy:

like i said this rate's pretty high up on the wtf scale...

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Of the stupidest nerf request this hit's pretty high on the scale.

so because a person plays the game and takes the time to level up he's captain skills should be punished because someone either plays casually thus doesn't have leveled up captain skills or just free XP'd to high tier ships & thus being at a default disavantage automatically in your sheltered world the player who put the time / effort into the game should be punished..... :teethhappy:

like i said this rate's pretty high up on the wtf scale...

Oh my friend, look at my stat and I'm not even talking for myself. I'm talking about how I stomp other players unfairly without even doing much. You'll notice this at tier 8. Adding an additional plane member upgrades your fighters and dive bomber half a tier. same tiered fighters will never win against their air superiority buffed figthers. you'll never understand, you never reached tier 8 CV.

nerf? are you a morn? where is the nerf here? the CVs will just return to how they're supposed to be. add the fact 5 people agreed to your views, no wonder this game ain't going anywhere better:child:

(no wonder from a crappy cv player who doesn't care about anything XD). sigh, the imbecility of this forums gets tiring after some time. what a mornic reply.

Edited by Deicide

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Oh my friend, look at my stat and I'm not even talking for myself. I'm talking about how I stomp other players unfairly without even doing much. You'll notice this at tier 8. Adding an additional plane member upgrades your fighters and dive bomber half a tier. same tiered fighters will never win against their air superiority buffed figthers. you'll never understand, you never reached tier 8 CV.

nerf? are you a morn? where is the nerf here? the CVs will just return to how they're supposed to be. add the fact 5 people agreed to your views, no wonder this game ain't going anywhere better:child:

(no wonder from a crappy cv player who doesn't care about anything XD). sigh, the imbecility of this forums gets tiring after some time. what a mornic reply.

Just a friendly tip, cause it's something I usually do.

Whenever I enter a discussion I tend to wait for a couple hours before replying, it helps keeping oneself calm and

usually results in a more accurate and less condescending post.

I.e. when it feels frustrating to discuss a topic it's probably past the point where one should take a break.

Past the Point, but not too late...

Beta Tester
3 posts

actually I agree with you OP, I haven't really play CV yet but from what I see, Air Superiority is simply must have skill for CV, just like Situation Awareness for DD

in CBT, Situation Awareness is T3 skill, later WG move it to T1 because player with Situation Awareness simply outperform player without it, same case apply to Air Superiority, this skill make the balance between USN and IJN weird, take a look at this:

6 vs 4, USN outnumber IJN counterpart by 1.5x, normal matchup

7 (AS) vs 5 (AS), USN outnumber IJN by 1.4x, this is acceptable matchup, the difference is still manageable, win-win for both USN and IJN

7 (AS) vs 4, USN outnumber IJN by 1.75x, this matchup simply mean: F**K YOU for playing IJN with no AS

6 vs 5 (AS), USN outnumber IJN by 1.2x, suddenly IJN can engage and expect to cripple USN squadron severely, USN now have lesser squadron and unable to overpower its counterpart

I don't know about you but from above I concluded I must have AS to stay competitive in occasional CV vs CV fight, personally I think it's very bad design to make certain skill so dominant against player that doesn't have it, I think WG should rework this skill or simply down-tier this skill to T3, to be honest, I think WG should rework entire CV skill tree because everything else except AS is so... situational

Sign in to follow this