Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Apex1o1

Ognevoi woes

8 comments in this topic

211 posts
9,931 battles

I am experiencing constant main battery destructions in this ship. Being dual cannon turrets, it does render the ship as dead weight in the fight.

Generally even the tiniest amount of HE fluff will frequently result in my main battery being knocked out for the rest of the match.

For example recently dealing with 2 ninja capping Minekaze DD's BOTH main batteries were knocked out only winning the engagement with a close range torpedo strike, then i found myself stuck with a destroyer with only 4km range torpedoes.

Good ship other than this infuriating factor.

Should i be playing selfishly avoiding all damage at all costs rather than providing an annoying distraction for the enemy cruisers to try to kill? 

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,418 battles

I am experiencing constant main battery destructions in this ship. Being dual cannon turrets, it does render the ship as dead weight in the fight.

Generally even the tiniest amount of HE fluff will frequently result in my main battery being knocked out for the rest of the match.

For example recently dealing with 2 ninja capping Minekaze DD's BOTH main batteries were knocked out only winning the engagement with a close range torpedo strike, then i found myself stuck with a destroyer with only 4km range torpedoes.

Good ship other than this infuriating factor.

Should i be playing selfishly avoiding all damage at all costs rather than providing an annoying distraction for the enemy cruisers to try to kill? 

The problem exists on all SN DD Tier 6 and above, good luck.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

You not the only one that felling it :teethhappy:

Here da old topic about that may be it can help you : http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10677-ognevoy-back-turret-hp-are-too-low/

211 posts
9,931 battles

You not the only one that felling it :teethhappy:

Here da old topic about that may be it can help you : http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10677-ognevoy-back-turret-hp-are-too-low/

Cheers, at least i know i'm not the only one experiencing it.

Playstyle adjusted :izmena:

Super Tester
304 posts
2,010 battles

Hmm, I just got this Ognevoi yesterday, in fact I have been worried about this issue since I read so many posts talking about knocking out both turrets during battles, perhaps playing style and agile maneuverability are the keys to success...!?!? :sceptic:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Hmm, I just got this Ognevoi yesterday, in fact I have been worried about this issue since I read so many posts talking about knocking out both turrets during battles, perhaps playing style and agile maneuverability are the keys to success...!?!? :sceptic:

Yea, Positioning and maintaining a distance also important because you cannot go stealth all the time but you got speed and guns to play with maybe take it like a smaller cruiser i guess :D:D:D  

Super Tester
304 posts
2,010 battles

Yea, Positioning and maintaining a distance also important because you cannot go stealth all the time but you got speed and guns to play with maybe take it like a smaller cruiser i guess :D:D:D  

Entirely agreed....:teethhappy:

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,777 battles

This is definitely a problem but as has been said in this thread positioning is key.  You should never be sailing in a straight line under fire and you should maintain range above about 10km's.  You're really running the risk of losing a turret under that, and although that risk is worth it sometimes, on most occasions range is your friend.

Oggy is a genuinely good ship when you play it like this, and it's good training for the Kiev, which is a much better Ognevoi.

Sign in to follow this