Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
coldbeer72

How is it Calculated?

13 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,431 battles

XP, that is, as it is not makin a whole lot of sense today.

Have had matches where I have had multiple kills, torp'd a few, burnt a few, and just had great games(for me) all around.

And then I get to my last match.....

Nothin special...capped 1 zone, spammed a bit of HE and dropped a few torps(which missed)...OH...and shot down 4 planes......

Have a guess which one gave the highest XP?deVz2kz.jpg

Would just like to know why I can work my arse off, kill 2-3 enemies and NOT die....and get...1100-1200 base xp.

But I can then do basically SWEET F.A.......die....and get the above base score??

Sorry guys but something just doesn't add up on this front.....so will do the "Pauline" and ask for a "Please Explain!!"

Cheers

Coldbeer

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

IIRC a large chunk of your XP will come from damage dealt rather than getting the killing blow on an enemy. Getting the killing blow will still net you a nice sum of XP but nowhere near the amount if you did 90% of the damage.

54 posts
7,230 battles

Yeah, except for the missions, I tend to forget about kills now, as it's the damage that tends to be the main XP factor (and of that there's some form of weighting based on the tier of the ship you damage compared to you as well, so I higher tier you damage net's more xp than a lower tier).

However, as others have stated, base caps and cap defence resets are heavily biased for xp now. I'm finding this is starting to lead to a bad gameplay change in some of my games. People are deliberately NOT capping (get up near it and just stop), then waiting for the other team to start, that way they can try to get the reset points for the bonus xp (sometines they're not even trying to sink the enemy, just holding fire till they know they'll get a cap defend). Lost a few matches now because of this when a DD laid smoke and they could no longer get the resets so lost the cap (in effect they deliberately gave it up to get the bonus xp from a few resets), then couldn't get it back (instead they fed the other team by getting the cap reset against them each time they tried to go in to capture it.

[RNZN]
53 posts
6,821 battles

I have been wondering to what makes a good score as I have also had games where I did well but got little for it.

Is there an official score scale that can be consulted?

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

I have been wondering to what makes a good score as I have also had games where I did well but got little for it.

Is there an official score scale that can be consulted?

Win/Loss is the biggest influence.

Damage, Capping and shooting aircraft down contribute to your score.

In essence, do more damage and win more often

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

They can't buff soviet DDs so they made a pseudo-system to make them work. 

In my opinion buff will eventually come even the ships is not broken, because you know is RUSSIAN :trollface:

248 posts

whenever i'm the last bb i make sure to aim at anyone in a cap, cos i get the cap defend points,

even though there are other ships i should be trying to kill,

like the one murdering two ca's not far away,

but it's not mys system,

i just try to survive in it

Sign in to follow this