Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
coldbeer72

What is it with Tenryu Captains?

17 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,431 battles

I mean seriously, is there something really wrong with them?

Have been TK'd twice in the space of 6 matches today....and you guessed it, both were by Tenryu's droppin torps from behind me.

Have not even bothered to report them....a ban won't help someone with a permanant case of "the stupids"

Frustrating...I was having some good games today as well......

Cheers

Coldbeer

420 posts
20 battles

I can feel you. I experienced this a few days ago.

He said about that i've block his way at the previous battle, and dropping some harsh words.

I think they need to pay 10x credit compensation from what we got now.

Or some kind of ban.

55 posts
3,922 battles

Tenryus are definitely the worst culprits when it comes to TK-by-torpedo and not having a clue that their torpedoes can't reach the enemy ships (the two are linked).  I reckon it is that because the Tenryu is the first Japanese cruiser with torpedoes, so for many of the commanders of Tenryus, this is the first time they have a ship with torpedoes.  So they don't know the range of their torpedoes, or even that their torpedoes have a finite range, or think that friendlies may be in the path...  Not an excuse, as they really should familiarize themselves with the parameters of their ship and, really, maybe just use their brain for once.  

Then again, I've seen Tier 5 destroyers firing torpedoes at enemies well beyond their range, with friendlies in the way, so expecting players to learn from experience is a forlorn hope.  Way too many morons playing this game.

Beta Tester
7 posts
417 battles

I have suffered the same fate from Tenryu captains, I have a theory that since I'm in a destroyer and Marginally faster, with a better Camo rating they just want to "GET THAT KILL" before me. At least that is my experience on the SEA. On the NA server however, teamwork is actually used in most cases.  I also agree with GeneralGrant.

Tenryus are definitely the worst culprits when it comes to TK-by-torpedo and not having a clue that their torpedoes can't reach the enemy ships (the two are linked).  I reckon it is that because the Tenryu is the first Japanese cruiser with torpedoes, so for many of the commanders of Tenryus, this is the first time they have a ship with torpedoes.  So they don't know the range of their torpedoes, or even that their torpedoes have a finite range, or think that friendlies may be in the path...  Not an excuse, as they really should familiarize themselves with the parameters of their ship and, really, maybe just use their brain for once.

Then again, I've seen Tier 5 destroyers firing torpedoes at enemies well beyond their range, with friendlies in the way, so expecting players to learn from experience is a forlorn hope.  Way too many morons playing this game.

420 posts
20 battles

I thought Umikaze are worse. The torp are slow, but has long range. Incidental shots are often.

55 posts
3,922 battles

I thought Umikaze are worse. The torp are slow, but has long range. Incidental shots are often.

Might be down to which tiers you play.  I hardly ever play Tiers 1-3, so rarely see Umikazes (as they only see up to Tier 3, unless in a fail platoon).  Playing Tiers 4 and 5 I see plenty of Tenryus, and always anticipate a TK from at least one of them...  

420 posts
20 battles

Might be down to which tiers you play.  I hardly ever play Tiers 1-3, so rarely see Umikazes (as they only see up to Tier 3, unless in a fail platoon).  Playing Tiers 4 and 5 I see plenty of Tenryus, and always anticipate a TK from at least one of them...  

You should try it. It is hilarious when 4 or more Umikaze at both team start to spam fish. No matter how experienced you're i think you may hit your friend one or two times.

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

I mean seriously, is there something really wrong with them?

Have been TK'd twice in the space of 6 matches today....and you guessed it, both were by Tenryu's droppin torps from behind me.

Have not even bothered to report them....a ban won't help someone with a permanant case of "the stupids"

Frustrating...I was having some good games today as well......

Cheers

Coldbeer

you know what worse , they launch torps from twice there max range , so really they are doing nothing

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

At least they can use the excuse of being newbies, as the Tenryu is the first cruiser equipped with torps. I just had a friendly Tier 7 Myoko torpedo me in my hatsuharu, how do you reach tier 7 and still fire torps at your own allies 2 minutes into the battle with no enemy in range?!?!?!

55 posts
3,922 battles

The most frequent culprits in the higher tiers are Atago commanders.  New, clueless, moronic players who haven't learned to play but have bought their way into Tier 8.  

112 posts
1,431 battles

See, I just don't get it.

I play the Omaha more than any other ship, and I always pay damn close attention to where my team mates are before I let my torps go. It's just common sense......and common courtesy.

But perhaps I am in the minority in this regard.

Cheers

Coldbeer

406 posts
6,279 battles

I admit last night in my Minekaze - in a Ranked battle no less - I committed the heinous crime of crappy torp drop leading to a TK - in my defence as soon as I launched I realised it was a crap and warned the other DD - but he did not take heed - I apologized in chat.

Beta Tester
2 posts
538 battles

I once accidentally TK'ed in Closed Beta before compensation was added. Learnt my lesson immediately and was more careful. In my last 10 or so low tier battles (because I'm grinding and I don't play much), at least half of them are by low tier torpedo TKs. It doesn't seem fair if you only get 1000-4000 credits in compensation for what could have been hundreds more XP and credits. 

55 posts
3,922 battles

You should try it. It is hilarious when 4 or more Umikaze at both team start to spam fish. No matter how experienced you're i think you may hit your friend one or two times.

Just played a few battles in the Umikaze to complete the Tier 2 mission for Project R and I see what you mean.  The retardation is incredibly strong in Tier 2.  Had one battle where we had 7 destroyers on my team and 6 on the enemy's, and I spent more time dodging friendly torpedoes than enemy ones.  Had another where there were three TKs in the first 2-3 minutes, 2 on the enemy team and one on ours, all by destroyers.  

Just getting 10 kills involved a lot of gritting of teeth and pushing on.  I think I'll only play Tier 2 when a mission requires it... 

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,110 battles

OMG reading all of these stories seems frightening . I should count my lucky stars that I only encounter them once in tier 3-4. But that was ages ago

Sign in to follow this