You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
coldbeer72

Time for some server parity I think.

16 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,431 battles

Now it maybe that it just has not come up here at SEA yet.....

But was wondering if we were going to see this?

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/cruising-for-santa/

Even Gaijin(as abysmal as they are),  generally release things of this magnitude across all servers.

Cheers

Coldbeer

3 posts

Don't hold your breath mate. I am still seeing things stickyed around here from June.

We didn't get the Halloween event either. WG don't give a shit bout SEA

112 posts
1,431 battles

Don't hold your breath mate. I am still seeing things stickyed around here from June.

Would not go that far. We have had some things here that other servers have not.

And that is the problem in my eyes. If you are going to have these things happening, they should be available for all and sundry. 

Otherwise you are just going to upset one playerbase or another....and thats not good as will it result in a loss of players if it is allowed to continue.

Cheers

Coldbeer

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Yet here we are with the Project R event which is currently exclusive to SEA...

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yet here we are with the Project R event which is currently exclusive to SEA...

Project R has been hinted to be across regions, I believe - we just have first crack at it.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Project R has been hinted to be across regions, I believe - we just have first crack at it.

Yeah saw Also_Robots or Ectar mentioning it hence why I said currently :hiding:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

well, all we can do is ask Coldbeer - and I have done that, so now to wait for an answer (although it is the weekend, so it may take some time)

112 posts
1,431 battles

well, all we can do is ask Coldbeer - and I have done that, so now to wait for an answer (although it is the weekend, so it may take some time)

Thank you very much lengxv6.

I would not expect this to happen right away, but moving forward it is perhaps something WG may want to look at.

While I have no issue with lesser "region specific" events(Halloween is one I would consider as such, ANZAC Day would be another) being limited to certain servers(as long as it is balanced and each server gets an equal number through the year), larger events such as this(and project R for that matter) should be released to all servers simultaniously.

You just need to read some of the posts on the various forums and reddit to see that not doing so only generates resentment among quite a few players.

Which is not good for the game as a whole.

You guys have a good thing going here IMO. The events seem well thought out(though running project R concurrently with this season of ranked is not a choice I would have made personally) and inclusive of the majority of the player base, and the community(while still in its early days), is a genuine pleasure to be a part of.

Having been part of the "toxic" mess that is the oppositions forum for a few years, this makes a refreshing change for me.

So a big "thumbs up" from me to you, Conan and the rest of the team.....

Keep up the good work(and thanks for putting the request in)

Cheers

Coldbeer

58 posts
2,867 battles

I got the finger when i complained about the "bug" of not being able to login to the NA server for the event using my SEA client. "Not supported".

The only difference is the language packs...

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I got the finger when i complained about the "bug" of not being able to login to the NA server for the event using my SEA client. "Not supported".

The only difference is the language packs...

Actually no, the difference was the version at the time.

Your method is unsupported as each region can and will be at different patch levels at different times for a variety of reasons.

112 posts
1,431 battles

[Offtopc]

Moderators are actually working for WG and get paid ?

Exactly what were you hoping to acheive with this comment??

Aside from it not making any sense in the context of this discussion.:rolleyes:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

[Offtopc]

Moderators are actually working for WG and get paid ?

Really - and when should I expect my first payment??

We do jobs for WG, that part is true, sometimes we may be gifted ships/tanks etc for our contributions, of this I will not deny, but Mods are not (well not on this server) paid employees of WG. Other servers do have paid employees doing the Mod job, but here, thankfully, all the Mods you see are volunteers, here to try make a better place, may not look that way, but that is what we are trying to achieve. 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Really - and when should I expect my first payment??

We do jobs for WG, that part is true, sometimes we may be gifted ships/tanks etc for our contributions, of this I will not deny, but Mods are not (well not on this server) paid employees of WG. Other servers do have paid employees doing the Mod job, but here, thankfully, all the Mods you see are volunteers, here to try make a better place, may not look that way, but that is what we are trying to achieve. 

lol that was funny , wait that wasnt a joke ?